News:

If they treat education like a product, they can't very well bitch when you act like a consumer.

Main Menu

PD Letterhead

Started by Cramulus, January 03, 2012, 05:18:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cramulus

In This Thread,
we're talking about Discordian Letterhead.

Here at PD, we've got a lot of rants, essays, good posts with hot one-liners. We'd like to share these things with others, creating a trail of breadcrumbs into the MADNESS.

Faust has suggested that we might be able to get a button which turns an individual post into a PDF, or something to that effect. Something you can print out and tape somewhere, or hand to somebody. In my imagination, this has an official Discordian letterhead on top.

So what should our letter head look like? What should be included? Does anybody want to try their hand at design?

Cramulus

Things to include:

• a link to pd.com/forum
  • our mascot
  • a meme bomb? summary of the forum? slogan? something like that?

I know what you're thinking -- We have a mascot?!

Yes, net designed us an awesome one a while back:
http://www.principiadiscordia.com/forum/index.php?topic=21731.msg905598#msg905598

AFK

Bah, nanny wall is blocking the image, I can't remember what that was.  Was it the scrid?  I wouldn't mind seeing him make a comeback.  (if he wants to come back that is).

A couple of the meme-bombs that have always stuck with me:
-Black sheep are still sheep
-A conclusion is simply where you stopped thinking     <------- (yes, a little self-indulgent)
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

Cramulus

the image is reminiscent of a caduceus. Two angler fish wrap their dingly-bobbers around a staff with a pentagon at the bottom and an apple at the top. There's a fractal in the background, and the caption reads "This is a terrible place" in Latin.

Cramulus

Another morsel of food for thought ---

other than letterhead, what's the best way to present a single-post to the general public?

Like, I wonder if there's a format we could use to turn a post into a poster that could be stapled to something.

the meat of the question is -- how can we turn a thread into something we can distribute?

I  mean, when Roger (for example) posts a great rant, a lot of us will repost it elsewhere. But wouldn't it be cool if there was a really stylish format we could present it in?

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Cramulus on January 03, 2012, 06:17:01 PM
Another morsel of food for thought ---

other than letterhead, what's the best way to present a single-post to the general public?

Like, I wonder if there's a format we could use to turn a post into a poster that could be stapled to something.

the meat of the question is -- how can we turn a thread into something we can distribute?

I  mean, when Roger (for example) posts a great rant, a lot of us will repost it elsewhere. But wouldn't it be cool if there was a really stylish format we could present it in?

For the last 2 years or so, I've been stuffing flyers, etc, in waiting rooms, etc, where people get bored and have loads of time on their hands.  I am debating paying for a full page ad in our secondary paper, which is surprisingly cheap.

When I do so, I will need some help with editing...I need some B&W pics added in, etc.  I have some pics in mind, but I'm also willing to consider alternatives.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

LMNO

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on January 03, 2012, 06:24:21 PM
For the last 2 years or so, I've been stuffing flyers, etc, in waiting rooms, etc, where people get bored and have loads of time on their hands.  I am debating paying for a full page ad in our secondary paper, which is surprisingly cheap.

When I do so, I will need some help with editing...I need some B&W pics added in, etc.  I have some pics in mind, but I'm also willing to consider alternatives.

You are awesome.

I freely offer what skills I may have to further your efforts.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on January 03, 2012, 06:44:33 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on January 03, 2012, 06:24:21 PM

You are awesome.

I freely offer what skills I may have to further your efforts.

Thanks.

I will, in the next day or so, post the content.  Suggestions will be welcomed, as will anyone who can dress it up and make it look sharp (ie, print-worthy).

I'm thinking of doing something like AD, but tailored more toward Joe Six Pack.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Faust

I've remade the original Bavarian Illuminati header. How does this look? I'm no graphic designer so feedback would be appreciated.
The Great seal is taken from the BIP pdf and the sacred chao is the one mat stadler made

http://www.principiadiscordia.com/illumtemplate.docx
Sleepless nights at the chateau

Telarus

Telarus, KSC,
.__.  Keeper of the Contradictory Cephalopod, Zenarchist Swordsman,
(0o)  Tender to the Edible Zen Garden, Ratcheting Metallic Sex Doll of The End Times,
/||\   Episkopos of the Amorphous Dreams Cabal

Join the Doll Underground! Experience the Phantasmagorical Safari!

Cramulus

Oh that's awesome! Does the job!

Nephew Twiddleton

Posting for when i get home.
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

Faust

Quote from: Areola Shinerbock on January 05, 2012, 04:08:26 PM
Posting for when i get home.

Well thats certainly not lazy and definitely not the kind of shit we've been giving out about for the last couple of months.
Sleepless nights at the chateau

Nephew Twiddleton

Yeah but i cant see anything on the phone and theres graphics going on here.
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

LMNO

Faust, that's some impressive shit, right there.  Any idea how I can turn that into an actual header in Microsoft Word?