News:

PD.com: our ability to recall your stupidity makes elephants look like Alzheimer's patients.

Main Menu

Nothing in particular

Started by Faust, September 29, 2009, 01:55:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Faust

Lovesongs are capricious things. Baited siren calls, full of empty promises to catch stray hearts of all those fool enough to hear them.  They whisper 'I love you' in the ears of a million different people. Intangible and aloof, conjuring up images of love that vanish upon touch.  They are the cold kisses that are never realised, ghost embraces for the lost. The antitheses of our affections, the sum total of our fears.
Haunting the cities, leaking into this world through its exposed facets, tuned in to invade through the radio and television, infecting the humming lips of its prisoners.

"Contempt for the userbase"

Come, let me show you around.
These are the inmates:
They sit around banging their heads against the wall, repeating in union "a conclusion is only where you stopped thinking" over and over until it reaches frantic, shrieking pitch, and then they recoil in horror that anyone might have heard their message. Its really quite depressing to observe.
Scared their keystone secret of Independent Thought will be snatched away from them they all rock back and forth each cradling an iron bar tenderly though it cuts their hands with its jagged edged inscription "Kallistí". As if it is some alchemical stone of promise or some magical key they guard it jealously. Its quite a sorry sight to observe I must say.
Lets listen in:

"...Every subtle grace is lost in the motion. Twittering uncontrollably the masses pass  judgement upon the world through their fingertips in 140 words or less.  Communication is at a peak almost  instantaneous speed, with the advent of the latest and greatest technology, is it approaching critical mass? No its the masses who are critical, today its more important to make yourself heard, herd, then it is to understand. An opinion? everyone's got one, fucked if you don't..."

Tragic really.
Sleepless nights at the chateau

Dimocritus

HOUSE OF GABCab ~ "caecus plumbum caecus"

The Good Reverend Roger

Damn.  Faust, when did you develop such contempt for us?
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Faust

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on September 30, 2009, 11:24:59 PM
Damn.  Faust, when did you develop such contempt for us?
Finally, I was waiting for someone to disagree with it, I was worried that no one would respond at all... A while back Nigel claimed that I had contempt for the community(the idea tickled me immensely) , and that I should put some effort into contributing, so I ran with that as the theme.

Faust

That's in regards to the the second part, I do genuinely loath lovesongs.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: ☂Faust☂ on September 30, 2009, 11:48:42 PM
That's in regards to the the second part, I do genuinely loath lovesongs.

Even Neil Sedaka?   :sad:

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: ☂Faust☂ on September 30, 2009, 11:47:37 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on September 30, 2009, 11:24:59 PM
Damn.  Faust, when did you develop such contempt for us?
Finally, I was waiting for someone to disagree with it, I was worried that no one would respond at all... A while back Nigel claimed that I had contempt for the community(the idea tickled me immensely) , and that I should put some effort into contributing, so I ran with that as the theme.

I see.  This will teach ME to take people around here seriously when they're managing to keep a straight face.   :oops:

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I dunno, I kind of appreciated it.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Sepia

Simple, pretty, elegant and good.
Everyone will always be too late

Dysfunctional Cunt