ATTN: iarmit

Started by Dysfunctional Cunt, August 17, 2011, 05:40:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Don Coyote

Quote from: Jenkem and SPACE/TIME on August 20, 2011, 06:34:00 AM
Quote from: navkat on August 20, 2011, 04:49:43 AM
Quote from: iarmit on August 18, 2011, 07:26:23 PM
Hate to disappoint, but my moniker, is simply my first initial and a good
portion of my last name. You are free to draw what ever conclusions you wish  :mrgreen:

I'd like to say that it took me five years before I felt safe disclosing my real identity to this crazed pack of bloodlusty, infectious, sociopath ghouls.

Who are you calling a sociopath?

Me?

Nadezhda

According to my Professor, all CEO's are sociopathic elites who have a big gigantic conspiracy to enslave the world.  After several weeks of several hours a day with her, I'm starting to believe and am seeing conspiracies everywhere.  TIMES TO GO STALK GLP AGAIN LOLS

navkat

Quote from: Nadezhda on August 20, 2011, 05:36:01 PM
According to my Professor, all CEO's are sociopathic elites who have a big gigantic conspiracy to enslave the world.  After several weeks of several hours a day with her, I'm starting to believe and am seeing conspiracies everywhere.  TIMES TO GO STALK GLP AGAIN LOLS

I saw a documentary that put the corporation thing into perspective for me thusly:

1. a corporation's sole legal obligation is to make money and grow infinitely for its shareholders.
2. Corporation is not allowed to act ethically or in a way which is counter-productive to that goal or reduces its advantages in any way.
3. To be incorporated under the current legal terms means to be cutthroat and to lie, cheat, connive, and even steal so long as such tactics don't cause more disadvantage than advantage. "Following the law" has nothing to do with this. "Public good" also has nothing to do with this since the corporate personhood debacle. it's about what the corporation can get away with on behalf of making a profit for its shareholders and whether or not the consequences of getting caught doing something wrong outweigh the advantages of continuing to do that thing. Since a corporation is a person that can't in itself be jailed, its governing bodies will continue (and in fact, are obliged to continue) doing a thing for which it continuously pays sanctions in a court of law, so long as those sanctions are the lesser cost between the loss from paying the fines and the cost of discontinuing the illegal-but-profitable behaviour/infraction.
4. Any CEO or leader or body within the corporation's ranks who acts in contrary to the corporation's interests (Ie: making ALL the money and leaving NOTHING for others) is breaching contract, breaking the law and can be held liable for damages on behalf of the shareholders even in what he did was "the right thing" and in accordance with civil laws. The body within the corporation can do something ethical which makes him a hero in our world, yet still be raked over the coals in a corporate suit by the same people clapping him on the back on the way out of the criminal courtroom if following the law cost the shareholders money.

This paradox is what makes corporations inescapably evil. The corporate structure is not the sum of its parts, but rather, a monster with a life and agenda of its own.