News:

OK fuckers, let me out of here. I farted for you, what more do you want from me? Jesus fuck.

Main Menu

Roger's Kitchen

Started by Richter, September 18, 2013, 06:15:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LMNO

Quote from: What The Fox Say on September 19, 2013, 03:54:12 PM
YOU ARE ENCOURAGING HIM.

I am taking a small risk that Boston will be outside of the blast radius.

Q. G. Pennyworth

YOU ARE ENCOURAGING HIM.

We're steering him away from the stove top, and the potential for open flames. Even catastrophic failures in baked dishes rarely catch fire.

The Good Reverend Roger

Eggs were successful second time around! 

:hammer:

Kitchen damage from first attempt also repaired/cleaned.

Details as soon as I'm done with the critical lift that's about to start.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

LMNO

Quote from: Queen Gogira Pennyworth, BSW on September 19, 2013, 04:02:35 PM
YOU ARE ENCOURAGING HIM.

We're steering him away from the stove top, and the potential for open flames. Even catastrophic failures in baked dishes rarely catch fire.

Also, my recipie contains no knives.

Q. G. Pennyworth

Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on September 19, 2013, 04:05:12 PM
YOU ARE ENCOURAGING HIM.

Also, my recipie contains no knives.

Same. Only so much you can screw up with potato bombs.

LMNO

Quote from: Dirty Old Uncle Roger on September 19, 2013, 04:02:38 PM

:banana:

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Dirty Old Uncle Roger on September 19, 2013, 04:02:38 PM

WOOHOO! Way to go! I hope I am still saying this after I hear the details!
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

YOU ARE ENCOURAGING HIM.

OK, well that is legit.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

The Good Reverend Roger

First attempt:  Drop Goddamn egg on the floor, stumble and then slip in it, ass hits the floor...

...Elbow hits the handle of the pan which was parallel to the front of the stove, manage not to put my arm on the burner.  Pan flips over onto stack of paper plates (Jenn had laid out for a Marine parent's thingie this weekend), paper plates slide onto burner and ignite, Jenn knocks them into the sink, runs water over them, clogs the drain with burned paper.

Clean up mess, wait an hour, get new frying pan out (first one lost the handle). 

Trying again, using Richter's recipe.  Tasty egg results.

I feel like the monkey at the beginning of 2001: A Space Oddessy.

ROOOOOAAAAAR!

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

LMNO

NOTHING IN THE INSTRUCTIONS SAY TO DROP THE EGG ON THE FLOOR.
  /
:crankey:

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on September 19, 2013, 05:14:42 PM
NOTHING IN THE INSTRUCTIONS SAY TO DROP THE EGG ON THE FLOOR.
  /
:crankey:

Yes, I saw that during the after-action review.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Dirty Old Uncle Roger on September 19, 2013, 05:07:21 PM
First attempt:  Drop Goddamn egg on the floor, stumble and then slip in it, ass hits the floor...

...Elbow hits the handle of the pan which was parallel to the front of the stove, manage not to put my arm on the burner.  Pan flips over onto stack of paper plates (Jenn had laid out for a Marine parent's thingie this weekend), paper plates slide onto burner and ignite, Jenn knocks them into the sink, runs water over them, clogs the drain with burned paper.

Clean up mess, wait an hour, get new frying pan out (first one lost the handle). 

ROOOOOAAAAAR!

:lulz: :lulz: :lulz: OK, good job, edible food was the successful end result, with minimal injury and property damage. I'm calling this one a win!

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Mean Mister Nigel on September 19, 2013, 05:29:45 PM

ROOOOOAAAAAR!

:lulz: :lulz: :lulz: OK, good job, edible food was the successful end result, with minimal injury and property damage. I'm calling this one a win!

Me too.  Not ready to try making chicken cordon bleu or anything just yet.  I'm going to try some of the other shit in this thread.

Pope Pixie Pickle

Quote from: Dirty Old Uncle Roger on September 19, 2013, 05:35:27 PM
Quote from: Mean Mister Nigel on September 19, 2013, 05:29:45 PM

ROOOOOAAAAAR!

Me too.  Not ready to try making chicken cordon bleu or anything just yet.  I'm going to try some of the other shit in this thread.
:banana:

Q. G. Pennyworth

Are you interested in more recipes? I've got a frittata one half done in my notepad over here.