News:

It's funny how the position for boot-licking is so close to the one used for curb-stomping.

Main Menu

An Epistle on a Monday Morning.

Started by AFK, May 07, 2012, 01:15:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AFK

Whether Discordia is at the forefront or no, she still remains a vital force for Good.

Yes, Good.

Because She keeps us, if we listen to her, from straying into the mechanized path that leads us to the Evils of Ennui.  To the shackles of Stasis.  To the mines of the Mundane.

Evil draws us to these places, with its traps of shiny succulent plastics and digital delicacies.  He beckons us to the pits, shrouding them in tapestries, drenching them in the aromas of Importance.  Distracting us with those little brief glints of light.  As a disco-ball anglerfish, waiting, jaws agape....

Hold on to your Discordia.  Hold her with all of your grip!  (Mind where you are putting your hands, grip not grope!) 

Keep your head in the clouds and your feet in every direction. 

Don't let the roots snare you and drag you down!
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

AFK

Hey you!  Put that 'z' over there to get your triple word score!

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Reverend What's-His-Name? on May 07, 2012, 01:15:22 PM
Whether Discordia is at the forefront or no, she still remains a vital force for Good.

Yes, Good.

Don't know about that.  Maybe it's more like "the universe is slightly more arranged for the convenience of primates when things are all topsy-turvy." 
Molon Lube

AFK

I didn't really flesh out my definition of Good very well with respect to this piece.  I'm thinking Good, as a force for dealing with the bullshit, and maybe, slapping sense into a couple of joes every know and again.  Spreading the Good through The Weird,  allowing people to feel comfortable being one of The Weird, and not Ben ng tempted by being on of the normals wearing the members only jackets. 

Placid Dingo

I love that the angler fish meme come back in this one.
Haven't paid rent since 2014 with ONE WEIRD TRICK.

AFK