News:

PD.COM:  Mindlessly hitting the refresh button for weeks on end.

Main Menu

A message from the Discordian Power Elite to the World!

Started by aKarma, October 11, 2008, 09:40:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vene

Quote from: Jenne on October 14, 2008, 01:44:21 AM
Quote from: aKarma on October 14, 2008, 01:42:07 AM
We, the Discordian Power Elite, orchestrators of the current 'Global Financial Crisis' and liquidators of Wall Street's Merrill Lynch, authorize you to use, abuse, reproduce this work as much as you like. You can even claim it as your own.

We, the DPE, will remain in further contact, as the need arises.

Thank you.

Call right now, and we'll include a free tote bag--supplies limited so call now!  This offer void while prohibited.  No purchase necessary.
Fix't, if we're going to be a cult might as well make money in the process.

The Good Reverend Roger

" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

BADGE OF HONOR

The Jerk On Bike rolled his eyes and tossed the waffle back over his shoulder--before it struck the ground, a stout, disconcertingly monkey-like dog sprang into the air and snatched it, and began to masticate it--literally--for the sound it made was like a homonculus squatting on the floor muttering "masticate masticate masticate".

Reginald Ret

Vice-presidential nominee Sarah Palin, in an email to all the Good Christians of the World said the following:
"It recently came to my attention that during an investigation by an unnamed government agency, the real reason behind the current global crisis is a small group of evil people bent on destroying all that is good about the American culture.
They purposely manipulated wallstreet into this disaster we are currently suffering under. I have also been told that most if not all of the people who got mortgages they could not afford were in fact agents of this group. They go by the name of The Discordian Power Elite and they MUST BE STOPPPED! I implore all God-Fearing Americans to fight this menace wherever it is encountered!"
Lord Byron: "Those who will not reason, are bigots, those who cannot, are fools, and those who dare not, are slaves."

Nigel saying the wisest words ever uttered: "It's just a suffix."

"The worst forum ever" "The most mediocre forum on the internet" "The dumbest forum on the internet" "The most retarded forum on the internet" "The lamest forum on the internet" "The coolest forum on the internet"

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

Quote from: YattoDobbs on October 13, 2008, 09:37:02 AM
who owns RAWs copyrights at this point?
personally i draw the line at copying quotes from Celine from Illumantus but that was when he was alive.
is it fair game now, or should we wait to see if any of them become orphans?
*wonders if you can still get those 'if you are looking are looking at this tshirt you are a pope'* tshirt

His daughter would still own the final say and a lot of his stuff has been passed over to Deepleaf Productions aka Maybe Logic for propagation etc. The guys at Deepleaf just finished up the Illuminatus Trilogy as an audiobook and are getting close to completing the Historical Illuminatus Chronicles as audiobooks.

However, in life Bob seemed fine with people swiping quotes etc from his work. I doubt his daughter would mind much... and the guys at Deep Leaf are just happy to keep spreading his memes and ideas.... and make some money ;-)
- I don't see race. I just see cars going around in a circle.

"Back in my day, crazy meant something. Now everyone is crazy" - Charlie Manson

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: YattoDobbs on October 13, 2008, 09:37:02 AM
who owns RAWs copyrights at this point?
personally i draw the line at copying quotes from Celine from Illumantus but that was when he was alive.
is it fair game now, or should we wait to see if any of them become orphans?
*wonders if you can still get those 'if you are looking are looking at this tshirt you are a pope'* tshirt

Oh look, you CAN post coherently.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Regret on October 14, 2008, 01:05:12 PM
Vice-presidential nominee Sarah Palin, in an email to all the Good Christians of the World said the following:
"It recently came to my attention that during an investigation by an unnamed government agency, the real reason behind the current global crisis is a small group of evil people bent on destroying all that is good about the American culture.
They purposely manipulated wallstreet into this disaster we are currently suffering under. I have also been told that most if not all of the people who got mortgages they could not afford were in fact agents of this group. They go by the name of The Discordian Power Elite and they MUST BE STOPPPED! I implore all God-Fearing Americans to fight this menace wherever it is encountered!"

I feel a flyer coming on... :lulz:
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

the last yatto

Quote from: Nigel on October 14, 2008, 07:14:28 PM
Oh look, you CAN post coherently.

don't jinx me PLEASE

We, the Discordian Power Elite, orchestrators of the current 'Global Financial Crisis' and liquidators of Wall Street's Merrill Lynch

you know its almost like it was planned from the beginning,
shame i was just about to buy a subprime house and rent out all the rooms
Look, asshole:  Your 'incomprehensible' act, your word-salad, your pinealism...It BORES ME.  I've been incomprehensible for so long, I TEACH IT TO MBA CANDIDATES.  So if you simply MUST talk about your pineal gland or happy children dancing in the wildflowers, go talk to Roger, because he digs that kind of shit

the last yatto

We, the Discordian Power Elite, orchestrators of the current 'Global Financial Crisis' and liquidators of Wall Street's Merrill Lynch, authorize you to use, abuse, reproduce this work as much as you like. You can even claim it as your own.

We, the DPE, will remain in further contact, as the need arises.

Thank you.

http://www.boingboing.net/2010/11/03/uk-lord-claims-myste.html :fnord:
Look, asshole:  Your 'incomprehensible' act, your word-salad, your pinealism...It BORES ME.  I've been incomprehensible for so long, I TEACH IT TO MBA CANDIDATES.  So if you simply MUST talk about your pineal gland or happy children dancing in the wildflowers, go talk to Roger, because he digs that kind of shit

Cain

Reginald Ret

Woah, i totally forgot i posted some actual content.
Ofcourse i failed to follow through, but i am still a bit proud :D
Lord Byron: "Those who will not reason, are bigots, those who cannot, are fools, and those who dare not, are slaves."

Nigel saying the wisest words ever uttered: "It's just a suffix."

"The worst forum ever" "The most mediocre forum on the internet" "The dumbest forum on the internet" "The most retarded forum on the internet" "The lamest forum on the internet" "The coolest forum on the internet"

Epimetheus

POST-SINGULARITY POCKET ORGASM TOAD OF RIGHTEOUSNESS

E.O.T.

Quote from: LMNO, PhD on October 11, 2008, 10:11:35 PM
it's a model that's sometimes useful to me, but it's still a model.

SSHH!!

"a good fight justifies any cause"