News:

And if you've misplaced your penis, never fear. This forum is full of dicks.

Main Menu

Discordianist crowds.

Started by Meunster, April 27, 2015, 04:39:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Meunster

How do you meet then irl?

I've only heard it mentioned once while in a gay pride parade, and it was just someone getting spergy.

How would you know where to look to find some?
Poe's law ;)

Demolition Squid

Next time you are in a crowd, look around you.

We could be any of them.

Yes even that guy.

Especially that guy.
Vast and Roaring Nipplebeast from the Dawn of Soho

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I find a lot of Discordians... well, pretty much everywhere. There's two in my cognitive neuroscience class. The Cacophony Society or other places eccentrics and pranksters congregate is a good place to look. I also am part of a feminist drinking club that has a lot of Disco-minded people.

Poke around in the fringes of society, including the arts and sciences. In fact, I have to say that the sciences seem to be kind of Disco-heavy.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

President Television

I've never met a Discordian in my life.
My shit list: Stephen Harper, anarchists that complain about taxes instead of institutionalized torture, those people walking, anyone who lets a single aspect of themselves define their entire personality, salesmen that don't smoke pipes, Fredericton New Brunswick, bigots, philosophy majors, my nemesis, pirates that don't do anything, criminals without class, sociopaths, narcissists, furries, juggalos, foes.

LMNO

There is no Discordiananywhere.

The Johnny

Roam the streets at 3am on a unicycle with a megaphone screaming "GOBBLE GOBBLE GOBBLE GOBBLE GOBBLE"
<<My image in some places, is of a monster of some kind who wants to pull a string and manipulate people. Nothing could be further from the truth. People are manipulated; I just want them to be manipulated more effectively.>>

-B.F. Skinner

Chelagoras The Boulder

I actually have a few friends that, despite never having read or even heard of the concept, say and do discordian things that make me proud to know them. Discordians are everywhere, pope card or no.
"It isn't who you know, it's who you know, if you know what I mean.  And I think you do."

Trivial

Sexy Octopus of the Next Noosphere Horde

There are more nipples in the world than people.

bugmenоt

I mostly avoid discordians in public. They're all about money and try to isolate you from your friends and family. And I've never really been able to grasp their concept of Lord Xenu..

hooplala

Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on April 27, 2015, 06:00:14 PM
I find a lot of Discordians... well, pretty much everywhere. There's two in my cognitive neuroscience class. The Cacophony Society or other places eccentrics and pranksters congregate is a good place to look. I also am part of a feminist drinking club that has a lot of Disco-minded people.

Poke around in the fringes of society, including the arts and sciences. In fact, I have to say that the sciences seem to be kind of Disco-heavy.

Keep in mind, Nigel lives in Portland.  I would imagine at least 40% of the population discos on a regular basis, and that may be a conservative estimate.

Me, I live in Toronto.  I've met maybe 2 discordianists here, and there are probably about 6 more lurking nearby I don't want to talk to anyway.
"Soon all of us will have special names" — Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
— Walt Whitman

hooplala

Quote from: Weltbürger (NSFW) on April 28, 2015, 01:33:54 PM
I mostly avoid discordians in public. They're all about money and try to isolate you from your friends and family. And I've never really been able to grasp their concept of Lord Xenu..

Those are SubGeniuses.

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
— Walt Whitman

LMNO

The majority of Discordians I've met in Boston are assholes.

hooplala

"Do I contradict myself?
— Walt Whitman

LMNO

hooplala

"Do I contradict myself?
— Walt Whitman