News:

Where Everybody Knows You're Lame. 

Main Menu

"Stupid wingnut says something stupid" thread

Started by Cain, December 08, 2009, 09:34:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anna Mae Bollocks

Quote from: Cain on October 25, 2012, 06:09:29 AM
You know who else hates the OSCE monitoring their elections?  Russia.

To be fair, there is large evidence that the OSCE covered up Yeltsin stealing the vote of hundreds of thousands of Chechens who his soldiers and security forces killed or displaced, so....

Somehow, I do not think this is uppermost in Republican minds when they worry about election monitoring, however.

It's the last thing they're worried about.  :horrormirth: And damn.  :x
Scantily-Clad Inspector of Gigantic and Unnecessary Cashews, Texas Division

Cain

The election was between Yeltsin and the Communist party.

The Communist Party were very close to winning, so millions in funds were made available to the oligarchs by Yeltsin and with the blessing of the US, with the obvious but unstated command be "win this thing, or else you're going to lose all of this".  The OSCE turned a blind eye to entirely bombed out Chechen villages voting for Yeltsin 100%.  Because you know, people typically vote for people who send in the army to destroy their homes and kill their families.

People wonder why Putin is so popular?  Mostly because he put the oligarchs in place and, while not being Very Nice At All, didn't pull shit like this. 

tyrannosaurus vex

I hope Russia can return to its former glory someday soon. I feel like I missed out on the really interesting parts of having a Great Big Monolithic Enemy.
Evil and Unfeeling Arse-Flenser From The City of the Damned.

inode_buddha

Quote from: V3X on October 25, 2012, 07:23:23 AM
I hope Russia can return to its former glory someday soon. I feel like I missed out on the really interesting parts of having a Great Big Monolithic Enemy.

Damn now I feel old...

Having said that, it was quite nice and convenient at the time. Things were *much* simpler.
C|N>K

Juana

I bet. "THEY'RE A COMMUNAST!" was enough to shut down an entire idea, yes?
"I dispose of obsolete meat machines.  Not because I hate them (I do) and not because they deserve it (they do), but because they are in the way and those older ones don't meet emissions codes.  They emit too much.  You don't like them and I don't like them, so spare me the hysteria."

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Secret Agent GARBO on October 25, 2012, 07:01:44 PM
I bet. "THEY'RE A COMMUNAST!" was enough to shut down an entire idea, yes?

It could do a lot more than that.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Juana

Well, ruining the idea-holder's career aside. Or getting them killed.
"I dispose of obsolete meat machines.  Not because I hate them (I do) and not because they deserve it (they do), but because they are in the way and those older ones don't meet emissions codes.  They emit too much.  You don't like them and I don't like them, so spare me the hysteria."

Prince Glittersnatch III

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_pFLBYsFvpY&feature=youtu.be

Mitt Romney explains how Jesus will rule the world from his headquarters in Missouri.
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?=743264506 <---worst human being to ever live.

http://www.jesus-is-savior.com/False%20Religions/Other%20Pagan%20Mumbo-Jumbo/discordianism.htm <----Learn the truth behind Discordianism

Quote from: Aleister Growly on September 04, 2010, 04:08:37 AM
Glittersnatch would be a rather unfortunate condition, if a halfway decent troll name.

Quote from: GIGGLES on June 16, 2011, 10:24:05 PM
AORTAL SEX MADES MY DICK HARD AS FUCK!

tyrannosaurus vex

Evil and Unfeeling Arse-Flenser From The City of the Damned.

Anna Mae Bollocks

Quote from: Prince Glittersnatch III on November 01, 2012, 09:30:14 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_pFLBYsFvpY&feature=youtu.be

Mitt Romney explains how Jesus will rule the world from his headquarters in Missouri.

Maybe it'll be in Branson so people can catch Kenny Rogers while waiting to get their leprosy healed.

Nephew Twiddleton

Im unable to watch the video but isnt that pretty much what all mormons believe anyway?
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

Anna Mae Bollocks

Yes.  :horrormirth:

It's just creepy batshit hearing it from a guy running for office. You never heard the Kennedys spouting Catholic dogma.

Nephew Twiddleton

Good perspective. It drives me nuts that this is a cryptotheocracy these days. We have separation of church and state by law but if you dont go to church every sunday no one will vote for you. Its like its a european monarchy where the head of state is required to have church membership. Only our head of state hs a little wiggle room when it comes to denomination

Mangrove

Quote from: Nephew Twiddleton on November 01, 2012, 10:52:40 PM
Good perspective. It drives me nuts that this is a cryptotheocracy these days. We have separation of church and state by law but if you dont go to church every sunday no one will vote for you. Its like its a european monarchy where the head of state is required to have church membership. Only our head of state hs a little wiggle room when it comes to denomination

The same separation of church & state whereby the Presidential inauguration is preceded by an 'invocation' followed by a swearing in ceremony on a Bible.
What makes it so? Making it so is what makes it so.

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: V3X on November 01, 2012, 09:32:11 PM
:lulz:
"But back to Abortion.."

That was an awesome place to cut that clip, now that I've seen it.