Open Bar: Arguments About Turtles, All the Way Down

Started by Cain, August 09, 2014, 07:29:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Junkenstein

Quote from: N E T on August 21, 2014, 10:19:37 PM
Quote from: Junkenstein on August 21, 2014, 10:16:19 PM
Tyre blowout at 50MPH in the pissing rain this evening. That was fun.

Damn, I'm glad you're okay.

I've been in worse. The fun part was changing said tyre.
Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

hooplala

"Soon all of us will have special names" — Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
— Walt Whitman

Junkenstein

It's also amusing that these wonderful attributes appear to be only visible to themselves and possibly their mother. I always guessed these guys get to 50 and start to wonder if they've been lied to at all.

Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

xXRon_Paul_42016Xxx(weed)

Quote from: Hoopla on August 21, 2014, 10:24:02 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on August 21, 2014, 10:17:34 PM

It's amusing to contemplate what these bags of douche might consider "nice".

"Nice." = Passive aggressive pushover. "I may be a shithole, but at least Im not a shithole to peoples faces."

hooplala

Quote from: Junkenstein on August 21, 2014, 10:29:56 PM
It's also amusing that these wonderful attributes appear to be only visible to themselves and possibly their mother. I always guessed these guys get to 50 and start to wonder if they've been lied to at all.

I figured most of them are shot down in a rain of bullets before they hit 30.

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
— Walt Whitman

Junkenstein

Quote from: Hoopla on August 21, 2014, 10:33:08 PM
Quote from: Junkenstein on August 21, 2014, 10:29:56 PM

I figured most of them are shot down in a rain of bullets before they hit 30.

I admire your optimism. I suspect 30 is the age they start handing over cash to a variety of gurus to be told how to fix their various ailments. The trendy guru for such chaps at the moment is admittedly the PUA style. There's obviously no link between that and the above however.

Suu

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on August 21, 2014, 10:17:34 PM

And this is how MRAs are born. Like nebulas in the Twitter sky that suddenly take form of a star...
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Count Chocula

Quote from: Junkenstein on August 21, 2014, 10:21:25 PM
Quote from: N E T on August 21, 2014, 10:19:37 PM
Quote from: Junkenstein on August 21, 2014, 10:16:19 PM
Tyre blowout at 50MPH in the pissing rain this evening. That was fun.

Damn, I'm glad you're okay.

I've been in worse. The fun part was changing said tyre.

I can't help but wonder, what of the colour of said tyre.

Nephew Twiddleton

Summer semester ended 31 minutes ago. Now I wait.
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

Nephew Twiddleton

I think I have about 2 weeks until Fall Semester.

Which means I should buy books.

Fucking books.
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: The Suu on August 21, 2014, 05:26:00 PM
Quote from: The Right Reverend Nigel on August 21, 2014, 04:39:49 PM
Grades are in. The shitty research methods professor gave me an A, which was not unexpected so much as kind of a wild card.

Don't forget about midterms next week.

Also, it appears the pregnant is going around again. First it was my cousin with her twins, now two more of my friends are telling me all about how they're barfing their guts up for the sake of procreation, and then have the balls to ask me when I'm having babies.

The answer is no. No to all of it. And if all you're doing about your pregnancy is telling people about how MISERABLE you are, and how you can't even eat, and oh woe is you, get the ball of jelly sucked out, and call it quits.

-Suu
No, I haven't said that to them. I do have manners. Sometimes.
:lulz: Midterms.

Also, pregnancy is fucking miserable. Don't get sucked into that bitter midage bullshit where you pretend it's a miracle just because you can't do it. It fucking sucks. People who want it desperately make out like it doesn't suck just to make other women feel guilty for not loving every puking minute of the bullshit, but it fucking sucks. Pregnancy is horrible, its a wretched infestation that rips apart your fucking ligaments, how could it not suck? FFS women are such fucking cunts about this shit.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Pæs

Have gone through and deleted my real name/URLs including my real name from the few posts I mentioned it in, which Google will hopefully pick up.

Not too worried about it, but our elections are going hilariously and I may have drawn attention to myself by a) finding vulnerabilities in the National Party (leader of our government)'s website while our Prime Minister was trashing the opposition by saying that they stupidly 'left the security' off their own website.

And b) there are currently a series of hacked emails being leaked anonymously implicating National in various smear campaigns against the left, involving abuse of privileged information to embarass political rivals... and the hacker was hosting things on pastebin well in advance of actually linking to them, so I linked to files on pastebin before the hacker did.

So our elections are being ridiculous and I have some people Googling me wondering if I'm behind any of this madness. WHAT ARE Y'ALL DOING?

Junkenstein

Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on August 21, 2014, 11:44:10 AM
So, interesting disconnect this morning.  One of my co-workers was bragging they did the ice bucket challenge already.  I said, "Oh, that's cool. How much did you donate?"  They replied, "At the time, I didn't realize you donated, too," and just let it at that.  As if, it's completely impossible to donate to ALS after the fact.  Like, "I already did the thing, and I'm done thinking about it."

Like there's a specific window of time when you can donate to a charity.
That's almost impressive.

Also:
http://nypost.com/2014/08/21/firefighters-shocked-by-power-lines-doing-ice-bucket-challenge/

Almost inevitably people forget about physics. I'd have expected better from a fire department though.

hooplala

Quote from: Junkenstein on August 22, 2014, 12:13:34 PM
Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on August 21, 2014, 11:44:10 AM
So, interesting disconnect this morning.  One of my co-workers was bragging they did the ice bucket challenge already.  I said, "Oh, that's cool. How much did you donate?"  They replied, "At the time, I didn't realize you donated, too," and just let it at that.  As if, it's completely impossible to donate to ALS after the fact.  Like, "I already did the thing, and I'm done thinking about it."

Like there's a specific window of time when you can donate to a charity.
That's almost impressive.

Also:
http://nypost.com/2014/08/21/firefighters-shocked-by-power-lines-doing-ice-bucket-challenge/

Almost inevitably people forget about physics. I'd have expected better from a fire department though.

While I don't have much belief in YHVH, these are the kinds of stories which lead me to believe Eris probably does exist.

"Do I contradict myself?
— Walt Whitman