News:

Feel my amazing brain. Go on, touch it!

Main Menu

short notice

Started by tyrannosaurus vex, August 21, 2012, 09:07:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Don Coyote

Quote from: Signor Paesior on August 22, 2012, 01:43:41 AM
Also, I only read far enough to get a sense of "lookit me!" and "you're doing it wrong" so assumed this was a vanity introduction thread and responded with the traditional greeting.

:lulz: :lulz:

tyrannosaurus vex

Quote from: Signor Paesior on August 22, 2012, 01:41:46 AM
Quote from: v3x on August 21, 2012, 09:35:58 PM
Quote from: Signor Paesior on August 21, 2012, 09:26:56 PM
Hey there, new guy!

I'm not sure what this means, coming from a person who registered a full four years after I did and has not, as far as I know, seen the ups and downs of this "community" for longer than the past couple of years. But I'm sure it means something valid, and I'd hate to belittle it by calling it out for being the complete bullshit that it is.

See also Dr. Paes and whoever the fuck I was before that... but that's beside the point, which is that "you haven't been here long enough to see how this community works" ignores both the written record of the history of the board and how frantically and violently the forum swings between productivity and screaming hysterical nothingness. But please, go ahead and explain why my opinion is invalid because I'm the wrong kind of person. It does absolutely no damage to the credibility of the superficial point you're clinging to to mask your butthurt.

If your problem is monkey politics, starting a BAWWW I'm not playing with you anymore also fuck you Nigel thread is a pretty derpy way of addressing that.
Also, I only read far enough to get a sense of "lookit me!" and "you're doing it wrong" so assumed this was a vanity introduction thread and responded with the traditional greeting.

If you read through the board's history as thoroughly as you read my OP I am sure you have a masterful knowledge of our culture. Also, "I don't bother to read before I ramble" isn't really a good excuse for making dumb comments.

But all that aside, I don't really owe anyone an explanation for this thread beyond what I have already stated. And it does have a purpose beyond vanity, since I have actually created and posted real content here, as opposed to just a collection of snide remarks.
Evil and Unfeeling Arse-Flenser From The City of the Damned.

Pæs

Quote from: v3x on August 22, 2012, 02:32:56 AM
Quote from: Signor Paesior on August 21, 2012, 09:26:56 PM
Hey there, new guy!

I'm not sure what this means, coming from a person who registered a full four years after I did and has not, as far as I know, seen the ups and downs of this "community" for longer than the past couple of years. But I'm sure it means something valid, and I'd hate to belittle it by calling it out for being the complete bullshit that it is.

See also Dr. Paes and whoever the fuck I was before that... but that's beside the point, which is that "you haven't been here long enough to see how this community works" ignores both the written record of the history of the board and how frantically and violently the forum swings between productivity and screaming hysterical nothingness. But please, go ahead and explain why my opinion is invalid because I'm the wrong kind of person. It does absolutely no damage to the credibility of the superficial point you're clinging to to mask your butthurt.

If your problem is monkey politics, starting a BAWWW I'm not playing with you anymore also fuck you Nigel thread is a pretty derpy way of addressing that.

If you read through the board's history as thoroughly as you read my OP I am sure you have a masterful knowledge of our culture. Also, "I don't bother to read before I ramble" isn't really a good excuse for making dumb comments.

But all that aside, I don't really owe anyone an explanation for this thread beyond what I have already stated. And it does have a purpose beyond vanity, since I have actually created and posted real content here, as opposed to just a collection of snide remarks.

I was fully aware of the point of your post. It was a criticism of your stupid attitude.

Are you really going to get all "I'm an important member of this community" on me? Is that what this is about? Do you want people to change their behaviour to try and keep you here?

It was a very moving speech and I'm sad that you don't feel respected here, considering as your conduct does nothing but invite respect and nice words. Also, fuck you Nigel.

The Good Reverend Roger

" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

The Good Reverend Roger

ignores both the written record of the history of the board and how frantically and violently the forum swings between productivity and screaming hysterical nothingness.

Which is why it puzzles me that a model of rationalism and stability such as I would put up with you screeching fucks for more than 10 minutes.

I think it further demonstrates my HolyTM and saintly levels of patience.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

hooplala

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on August 22, 2012, 03:20:09 AM
ignores both the written record of the history of the board and how frantically and violently the forum swings between productivity and screaming hysterical nothingness.

Which is why it puzzles me that a model of rationalism and stability such as I would put up with you screeching fucks for more than 10 minutes.

You lived for several years in Hamilton Ontario without snapping and killing everyone there... I believe that is one of the qualifications of sainthood.
"Soon all of us will have special names" — Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
— Walt Whitman

tyrannosaurus vex

Signor,

Whatever your beef is, just know that you're not the reason for this and you're not the solution either. I don't expect anyone to change their behavior on my account. This thread is an expression of frustration with the current state of affairs here. You are free to disagree.

For fuck's sake, can't a guy have an internet tantrum in peace?
Evil and Unfeeling Arse-Flenser From The City of the Damned.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Hoopla on August 22, 2012, 03:21:54 AM

You lived for several years in Hamilton Ontario without snapping and killing everyone there... I believe that is one of the qualifications of sainthood.

It's made me the man I am today.  ho ho hee hee ha ha

hooplala

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on August 22, 2012, 03:24:21 AM

That is the single most frightening post I've ever read on this forum.

IANAR included.

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
— Walt Whitman

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: v3x on August 22, 2012, 03:23:50 AM
For fuck's sake, can't a guy have an internet tantrum in peace?

Of course not.  But I don't see why everyone gets all SORE about it.  I mean, it's PD.  If you can't act like an asshole here, where CAN you go?

I for one am never afraid to open my big fat mouth and spout nonsense here, because someone will set me straight, and the horrible beatings help my insomnia. 

We're professionals, you and I, and we're up for any program.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Hoopla on August 22, 2012, 03:25:34 AM

IANAR included.

"I'm not well."
- Coyote

"I'm not well, and NEITHER ARE YOU!"
- TGRR

hooplala

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on August 22, 2012, 03:27:12 AM

IANAR included.

"I'm not well."
- Coyote

- TGRR

I dunno, not as chilling somehow.

"Do I contradict myself?
— Walt Whitman

ñͤͣ̄ͦ̌̑͗͊͛͂͗ ̸̨̨̣̺̼̣̜͙͈͕̮̊̈́̈͂͛̽͊ͭ̓͆ͅé ̰̓̓́ͯ́́͞

I don't think you deserved the dehumanizing remarks from Nigel, Vex. I think your intentions are sincere, and that you do care about actually being an egalitarianizer.

I do think you kind of talked yourself into a corner and munched on the menu a bit, though.
P E R   A S P E R A   A D   A S T R A

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Hoopla on August 22, 2012, 03:28:17 AM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on August 22, 2012, 03:27:12 AM

IANAR included.

"I'm not well."
- Coyote

- TGRR

I dunno, not as chilling somehow.

What?  No, I was explaining the previous post.

The Good Reverend Roger

Every thread becomes a war zone as soon as the initial hypothesis of the OP isn't supported.

And that is how it is SUPPOSED to be.