News:

Testimonial: "This board is everything that's fucking wrong with the internet"

Main Menu

Open Bar: Funnier Than White People Practicing Voodoo

Started by The Good Reverend Roger, June 09, 2014, 03:18:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LMNO

So, I'm seeing Liverpool v AS Roma tonight.

Anything special I need to know about either of these teams? 

Suu

Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on July 23, 2014, 01:12:57 PM

Liverpool is a bunch of skowsers, there should be some good drama overall.
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Junkenstein

Helpful facts:

Liverpool fans love the Murdoch Media. Build rapport with them by mentioning your love for "The Sun".

That's it really. Everything else I've got isn't as much fact as defamation.
Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

LMNO

Quote from: Junkenstein on July 23, 2014, 01:36:12 PM
Helpful facts:

Liverpool fans love the Murdoch Media. Build rapport with them by mentioning your love for "The Sun".

Go Roma.

Suu

I wouldn't go for Liverpool if my life depended on it, even if they were a bunch of hippies. If that helps also.

Where are they playing?

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

LMNO

Junkenstein

Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on July 23, 2014, 01:39:05 PM
Quote from: Junkenstein on July 23, 2014, 01:36:12 PM
Helpful facts:

Go Roma.

Tell them that. You'll be assured of an interesting chat.
Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

Suu

LMNO

Roly Poly Oly-Garch

Quote from: Ållnephew Tvýðleþøn on July 23, 2014, 03:42:18 AM
Sorry to hear it, Suu and Cainad.

Quote from: NoLeDeMiel on July 22, 2014, 03:22:17 AM
Quote from: The Suu on July 21, 2014, 10:32:31 PM
Wake is Thursday and Funeral is Friday. Full Catholic Service. *deep breath*

Rest easy, Gramma. Grampa Sal will be glad to see you after almost 40 years.

My sympathies. Will you be doing a rosary? Is that a thing outside of Latino Catholicism?

I've only experienced that with my Irish grandmother's funeral. Gravesite. Dad had to nudge me for the decade I was supposed to take. I snapped out of my grief, did the decade, went back to grieving. There was no order to it. Dad just saw fit that it was my turn. Catholic funerals in Boston are a bit different. At least as far as my mother's family is an indicator. No rosaries here. Gravesite is a little more personal to the deceased. Rural Ireland is more formulaic. I suspect it relies on level of religiosity.

Ah. Yeah. It's a bit of a different thing. We would have the rosary like the night before or a couple nights before the actual funeral (I can't remember which). I was really young the last one I was at. I just remember it being very, very strange. Almost like chanting for what seemed like hours.
Back to the fecal matter in the pool

Suu

Quote from: NoLeDeMiel on July 23, 2014, 03:05:32 PM
Quote from: Ållnephew Tvýðleþøn on July 23, 2014, 03:42:18 AM
Sorry to hear it, Suu and Cainad.

Quote from: NoLeDeMiel on July 22, 2014, 03:22:17 AM
Quote from: The Suu on July 21, 2014, 10:32:31 PM
Wake is Thursday and Funeral is Friday. Full Catholic Service. *deep breath*

Rest easy, Gramma. Grampa Sal will be glad to see you after almost 40 years.

My sympathies. Will you be doing a rosary? Is that a thing outside of Latino Catholicism?

I've only experienced that with my Irish grandmother's funeral. Gravesite. Dad had to nudge me for the decade I was supposed to take. I snapped out of my grief, did the decade, went back to grieving. There was no order to it. Dad just saw fit that it was my turn. Catholic funerals in Boston are a bit different. At least as far as my mother's family is an indicator. No rosaries here. Gravesite is a little more personal to the deceased. Rural Ireland is more formulaic. I suspect it relies on level of religiosity.

Ah. Yeah. It's a bit of a different thing. We would have the rosary like the night before or a couple nights before the actual funeral (I can't remember which). I was really young the last one I was at. I just remember it being very, very strange. Almost like chanting for what seemed like hours.

Tomorrow is the service and the burial. It's going to be a really long day. I suppose I should dig out and dust off my rosary, anyway. Even if we don't say it, holding and fiddling with the beads is comforting.

minuspace

Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on July 23, 2014, 01:12:57 PM

Very cool.  I'd take a seat toward the middle of the stadium, avoiding the extremities (behind the goals).  AS Roma has several Ultras factions (CUCS) as I am sure Liverpool does also.  That can be fun but is not always my cup of tea.  FORZA ROMA!

Cain

Hooligianism among UK Premier teams isn't so bad nowadays.  Practically nonexistant, really.

The Good Reverend Roger

Well, Ian made corporal, a little later than he'd hoped, but still way ahead of schedule.   :)
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

LMNO