News:

Everyone who calls themselves "wolf-something" or "something-wolf" almost inevitably turns out to be an irredeemable shitneck.

Main Menu

transformed by the corporation

Started by tyrannosaurus vex, September 26, 2014, 05:58:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tyrannosaurus vex

Over the course of the past several business cycles, I have inherited a large pool of experience in transforming direct language into a more polished and deliverable format. In fact, at this juncture, my ability to communicate without the use of approved wording has been critically compromised. Rather than view this development as a hindrance, I'd like to use this to generate an opportunity for production-positive knowledge transfer. To that end, I am offering to take submissions and modify their language to align with company communications policy. You are invited to participate in this exchange by offering the roughest, least polished terms and phrases you can think of.

To help, here are a few recent examples at my workplace that turned unacceptably blunt language into conversation-conducive remarks:

Original: WHY IS MY MANAGER AN ASSHOLE? HE KEEPS ASKING ME TO DO MORE WORK AND I DON'T HAVE TIME TO DO WHAT WAS ALREADY ASSIGNED!
Transformed: I seek to enhance my productivity output despite any obstacles presented by operational realities.

O: HOW MANY TIMES DO I HAVE TO TELL JACK THAT HIS MICROPHONE WILL NOT WORK UNTIL HE PLUGS IT THE FUCK IN?
T: Technological hardware considerations can have a tangible impact on audio traffic.

O: HOW DO YOU EXPECT ME TO FILL OUT THE FORM, IF YOU WON'T GRANT ME ACCESS TO THE FORM ON SHAREPOINT?
T: Your admirable dedication to company security practices has inspired me to synthesize a solution to this task while remaining aligned with company processes.
Evil and Unfeeling Arse-Flenser From The City of the Damned.

LMNO

O: THIS FUCKING SHIT IS FUCKING FUCKING MY SHIT SO SHIT DOESN'T GET FUCKED.
T: I am synergistically leveraging my core competencies strategically as a solution.

tyrannosaurus vex

Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on September 26, 2014, 06:03:30 PM
O: THIS FUCKING SHIT IS FUCKING FUCKING MY SHIT SO SHIT DOESN'T GET FUCKED.
T: I am synergistically leveraging my core competencies strategically as a solution.

The organization is positively influenced by wide contribution to our ongoing conversation and owe a great deal of our progress to teams and individuals who have taken the initiative to investigate the most effective ways they can help in this endeavor.

Doktor Howl

How do I say:

"IF YOU DON'T PUT THAT GUN DOWN, I WILL THROW THE SWITCH AND THUS KILL THE HOSTAGES?"
Molon Lube

tyrannosaurus vex

Quote from: Doktor Howl on September 26, 2014, 06:27:16 PM
How do I say:

"IF YOU DON'T PUT THAT GUN DOWN, I WILL THROW THE SWITCH AND THUS KILL THE HOSTAGES?"

"We encourage your team to deescalate the situation on the ground by reevaluating your approach to the issues at hand. This is the most reliable path forward, and has a high probability of avoiding increased funerary expanses."

Junkenstein

"ONE HOSTAGE, ON THE HOUR EVERY HOUR"?
Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

President Television

My shit list: Stephen Harper, anarchists that complain about taxes instead of institutionalized torture, those people walking, anyone who lets a single aspect of themselves define their entire personality, salesmen that don't smoke pipes, Fredericton New Brunswick, bigots, philosophy majors, my nemesis, pirates that don't do anything, criminals without class, sociopaths, narcissists, furries, juggalos, foes.

tyrannosaurus vex

Quote from: Junkenstein on September 26, 2014, 06:41:20 PM
"ONE HOSTAGE, ON THE HOUR EVERY HOUR"?

We will achieve capital expenditure reduction through a coordinated process that will introduce efficiency enhancements at a rate of one labor pool unit per sixty minutes until such time as our overall goals have been realized.

tyrannosaurus vex

Quote from: President Television on September 26, 2014, 06:54:36 PM
I am angry. ANGRY ABOUT ELVES.

There has been an upswing in anxiety-positive encounters this quarter attributed to persistent operational issues within the North Pole Production division.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Reginald Ret

I want to work less hours for the same amount of  money.
Lord Byron: "Those who will not reason, are bigots, those who cannot, are fools, and those who dare not, are slaves."

Nigel saying the wisest words ever uttered: "It's just a suffix."

"The worst forum ever" "The most mediocre forum on the internet" "The dumbest forum on the internet" "The most retarded forum on the internet" "The lamest forum on the internet" "The coolest forum on the internet"

LMNO

Quote from: Ragret on September 26, 2014, 08:25:32 PM

The words you're looking for are "Upper Management".

tyrannosaurus vex

Quote from: Ragret on September 26, 2014, 08:25:32 PM

Recent surveys of top-grade performers have shown that it often makes excellent business sense to foster an environment where compensation is based on big-picture participation in and contribution to the work product rather than detail-attentive dynamics such as specific number of hours worked.

Junkenstein

"It is much more profitable for the company to pay me to do nothing"

"Put the money in the sack, turn around and count to 100 slowly out loud"

Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

tyrannosaurus vex

Quote from: Junkenstein on September 26, 2014, 09:16:28 PM
"It is much more profitable for the company to pay me to do nothing"
A net-negative cashflow in the near term can actually result in surprisingly strong financial outcomes in mid- to long-term cycles, when the investment is made to encourage effort-neutral contributions from otherwise underperforming business units.

"Put the money in the sack, turn around and count to 100 slowly out loud"
In keeping with our Core Values Statement, remember to pool all assets in the receptacle provided, then align all efforts into an about-facing pattern while enumerating mathematical units into the triple digits.