News:

Your political affiliations, your brand loyalties, and your opinions are all quicker, easier, and contain no user-serviceable parts.

Main Menu

OPEN BAR: Top 10 things millenials hate about OB that we didn't know last week!

Started by Doktor Howl, April 23, 2015, 04:00:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Junkenstein on June 03, 2015, 06:50:58 PM
Quote from: Doktor Howl on June 03, 2015, 04:55:50 PM
Walked out today.

Keys with the warehouse guy, credit card cut in half on the AR/AP lady's desk, phone next to it.  Everything in cloud sent to president of North American operations, walked out to the car putting on sunglasses like Putin, theme music playing.

Holy crap, I feel great.

It always does, enjoy it! I trust the tale is forthcoming in due time.

I trust you copied in other suitable parties and a BCC to a private and personal email?

Of course.

We are, after all, professionals.
Molon Lube

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Dubya on June 04, 2015, 03:29:16 AM
Good point. Now I owe the theater here an apology letter.

I feel the need to write apology letters to businesses I've never set foot in.
Molon Lube

Doktor Howl

Molon Lube

Doktor Howl

Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on June 03, 2015, 05:43:53 PM
This is both:

1) Rock.

2) Roll.

Well, it was down to:

1.  Quit.
2.  Be fired (which can be fun, but not this time).
3.  Wind up in jail for a long time.
Molon Lube

Doktor Howl

Quote from: NoLeDeMiel on June 03, 2015, 05:27:28 PM
Walked out today.

Keys with the warehouse guy, credit card cut in half on the AR/AP lady's desk, phone next to it.  Everything in cloud sent to president of North American operations, walked out to the car putting on sunglasses like Putin, theme music playing.

Holy crap, I feel great.

That picture's going to get me through at least 4 hours of my shitty gig. Very nice!

Turning in my keys to the warehouse clerk:

Lewis:  "Lilly wants you to call her."

Dok:  "And I want a million bucks and a blow job from Lady Gaga.  Both are equally likely."

I got a laugh out of the warehouse guys.
Molon Lube

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Doktor Howl on June 04, 2015, 04:40:26 AM
Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on June 03, 2015, 05:19:07 PM
Walked out today.

Holy crap, I feel great.

WOOO that is AWESOME!

Will you be getting any updates on the ensuing chaos?

Absolutely.  For a while, anyway.  I've spent the last 5 weeks finding better jobs for my crew.

Poor Treacherous Assistant.  He shall be a manager of one.   :lulz:

That, too, is glorious. :lol:
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Chelagoras The Boulder

"It isn't who you know, it's who you know, if you know what I mean.  And I think you do."

Chelagoras The Boulder

Quote from: Doktor Howl on June 04, 2015, 04:45:14 AM
Quote from: NoLeDeMiel on June 03, 2015, 05:27:28 PM
Walked out today.

Holy crap, I feel great.

That picture's going to get me through at least 4 hours of my shitty gig. Very nice!

Turning in my keys to the warehouse clerk:

Lewis:  "Lilly wants you to call her."

Dok:  "And I want a million bucks and a blow job from Lady Gaga.  Both are equally likely."

I got a laugh out of the warehouse guys.
Still hoping for that explosion followed by doves tho
"It isn't who you know, it's who you know, if you know what I mean.  And I think you do."

Chelagoras The Boulder

Well, it took a few months but it finally happened. Today, working at the community garden, i met my first truly mad vegan. I mean granted, this is a place where people are willing to pay for their own personal garden plot, so i guess it was inevitable. I was walking a can of gasoline back to the plot i was working on, when a skinny Russian man waves and says hi. It started out normal enough, but then he started talking about how veganism is God's Way to Eat, and how everyones wating wrong, and how meat is why we kill each other and make war. I smiled and nodded and walked away with a bag of Chinese Spinach for my trouble. Another days work in the garden

Best part is, I told my co-worker about this, he confirmed that the guy is known as Crazy Mike, because of course he is.

Ben Shapiro

Quote from: Doktor Howl on June 04, 2015, 04:43:52 AM
Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on June 03, 2015, 05:43:53 PM
This is both:

1) Rock.

2) Roll.

Well, it was down to:

1.  Quit.
2.  Be fired (which can be fun, but not this time).
3.  Wind up in jail for a long time.

2 and 3! DO YOU EVEN PUNK ROCK?!!?!?

Ben Shapiro

Quote from: Chelagoras The Boulder on June 04, 2015, 06:34:29 AM
Well, it took a few months but it finally happened. Today, working at the community garden, i met my first truly mad vegan. I mean granted, this is a place where people are willing to pay for their own personal garden plot, so i guess it was inevitable. I was walking a can of gasoline back to the plot i was working on, when a skinny Russian man waves and says hi. It started out normal enough, but then he started talking about how veganism is God's Way to Eat, and how everyones wating wrong, and how meat is why we kill each other and make war. I smiled and nodded and walked away with a bag of Chinese Spinach for my trouble. Another days work in the garden

Best part is, I told my co-worker about this, he confirmed that the guy is known as Crazy Mike, because of course he is.

Emergency Chicken Wings.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Cainad (dec.) on June 04, 2015, 05:15:32 AM
Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on June 04, 2015, 04:40:09 AM
Fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck my dog is sick.

Oh no. :sad:

Yeah, I freaked out at first because my first thought, having just buried a dog last week, was "Maybe someone is poisoning my dogs". But it is very apparent that Nina has a UTI, which she is highly prone to by virtue of having been spayed too early (they will tell you it's never too early to spay or neuter: this is bullshit, don't have it done before they hit reproductive maturity if you have a choice) so she is absolutely miserable. I usually catch them early and am able to treat her before she gets to the complete horrifying misery peeing all over herself point, but apparently I've been too self-absorbed and now she is in actual pain. I don't think the over-the-counter medication is going to cut it and I have classes all day tomorrow so I am deciding which ones I can skip without fucking my grade over.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I can usually temp her with broth but she's refusing that, so I'm trying to trick her by giving her wet food with extra water in it.

Reginald Ret

Lord Byron: "Those who will not reason, are bigots, those who cannot, are fools, and those who dare not, are slaves."

Nigel saying the wisest words ever uttered: "It's just a suffix."

"The worst forum ever" "The most mediocre forum on the internet" "The dumbest forum on the internet" "The most retarded forum on the internet" "The lamest forum on the internet" "The coolest forum on the internet"