News:

In North Korea, this forum wouldn't be banned, it would be revered and taught in schools as a palatable and preferable version of Western history. And in many ways, that's all the truth the children of North Korea need

Main Menu

Maya, Works In Progress

Started by Telarus, January 17, 2009, 10:12:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Epimetheus

Yes, this is very cool. The indoor scene is amazing. Something about the shine makes the wood look a little...rubbery, but the whole thing is really well done.
POST-SINGULARITY POCKET ORGASM TOAD OF RIGHTEOUSNESS

Telarus

Yeah, it's a little too high reflectivity, and a little to 'low res' samples on the reflectivity map itself. Got those tips from my teacher.

Thanks everybody!
Telarus, KSC,
.__.  Keeper of the Contradictory Cephalopod, Zenarchist Swordsman,
(0o)  Tender to the Edible Zen Garden, Ratcheting Metallic Sex Doll of The End Times,
/||\   Episkopos of the Amorphous Dreams Cabal

Join the Doll Underground! Experience the Phantasmagorical Safari!

Triple Zero

can you also render those scenes with focal blur / depth of field blur? that might add even more realism.
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Telarus

Thanks Trip. I did use some Depth-of-Field in the landscape shot. (The house on the right is to far in the fore-ground and thus blurred), but there wasn't enough detailed stuff in the background to sell it all the way.

I'm also interested in "tilt-shift", and eventually want to render some tilt-shifted scenes that look like miniatures.

If you want a trippy tilt-shift experience, check out Tilt Shifted Van Gogh:

http://www.artcyclopedia.com/hot/tilt-shift-van-gogh.htm

Telarus, KSC,
.__.  Keeper of the Contradictory Cephalopod, Zenarchist Swordsman,
(0o)  Tender to the Edible Zen Garden, Ratcheting Metallic Sex Doll of The End Times,
/||\   Episkopos of the Amorphous Dreams Cabal

Join the Doll Underground! Experience the Phantasmagorical Safari!

Triple Zero

OOOoooooooooohhhhh sweet! Thanks! :D
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.