News:

Testimonial: "I cannot see a slither of a viable defense for this godawful circlejerk board."

Main Menu

OPEN BAR: It's actually about ethics in fictional bars

Started by EK WAFFLR, August 10, 2015, 03:37:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cain

Cain

Quote from: Nast on September 22, 2015, 07:21:02 PM
So every couple of months I have the experience of being in bed half-asleep, groggily opening my eyes to be startled to find a spider either on my pillow, or dangling above my face and moving its legs in a menacing spidery fashion. This results in me jolt awake and trying to swat said spider friend away...only to find that it was all a weird sleep-related hallucination.

I find the experience odd because it's always spiders, every time.

It's because spiders are dickbags, even when they aren't real.

The Good Reverend Roger

Bone's apology:

QuoteI'm sorry for accusing you of blocking me and flouncing. It looked as if you did.
In retrospect, with the way you appear to consistently treat anyone who doesn't adore every word you say, I should've considered it likely that anyone could've reported you for harassment.

Though, in my experience, it takes FB a day or two to EVEN LOOK AT reports, so I'm gonna assume you got reported for an entirely separate instance of you behaving like a petulant baby. If I wasn't one to deal with problems myself, and had I reported Sam, I think I probably would've reported Bob as well...?

And how the fuck could I be dumb enough to think I could get your profile deleted, then get away with saying you ran away??? I know you talk to these people outside of FB.

Maybe if you treated people with a little more dignity, you wouldn't need to be so paranoid? You probably wouldn't get your accounts deleted either!

Just some friendly advice, because despite my better judgement, I somehow still think you're a likable guy, and as vindicating as it is to watch you self-destruct like this, I would still rather watch you chill out and NOT have a heart attack.

All the best, SamBobRoger
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Cain

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

So every couple of months I have the experience of being in bed half-asleep, groggily opening my eyes to be startled to find a spider either on my pillow, or dangling above my face and moving its legs in a menacing spidery fashion. This results in me jolt awake and trying to swat said spider friend away...only to find that it was all a weird sleep-related hallucination.

It's not that odd because it's your brain generating them. Why spiders? Who knows?
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

LMNO

Maybe if you treated people with a little more dignity, you wouldn't need to be so paranoid? You probably wouldn't get your accounts deleted either!

Just some friendly advice...

He needs to taste some Unsolicited Advice, if you catch my drift...

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on September 22, 2015, 07:22:41 PM
Bone's apology:

QuoteI'm sorry for accusing you of blocking me and flouncing. It looked as if you did.
In retrospect, with the way you appear to consistently treat anyone who doesn't adore every word you say, I should've considered it likely that anyone could've reported you for harassment.

Though, in my experience, it takes FB a day or two to EVEN LOOK AT reports, so I'm gonna assume you got reported for an entirely separate instance of you behaving like a petulant baby. If I wasn't one to deal with problems myself, and had I reported Sam, I think I probably would've reported Bob as well...?

And how the fuck could I be dumb enough to think I could get your profile deleted, then get away with saying you ran away??? I know you talk to these people outside of FB.

Just some friendly advice, because despite my better judgement, I somehow still think you're a likable guy, and as vindicating as it is to watch you self-destruct like this, I would still rather watch you chill out and NOT have a heart attack.

:lulz: :lulz: :lulz: wow

"You're SUPER MEAN AND A POOPYHEAD! Nobody likes you, except all your friends who you talk to all the time! If you didn't treat people like shit, people like me hating you and reporting your account wouldn't happen, but I still desperately want you to like me and I'm going to disguise my final spate of attempts to insult you as fake concern about the meltdown you're not having."
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Nast

Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on September 22, 2015, 07:23:33 PM

It's not that odd because it's your brain generating them. Why spiders? Who knows?

I'm just glad that it's not Paula Deen grinning and holding a tray of potato salad.
Because then I would never sleep, ever.
"If I owned Goodwill, no charity worker would feel safe.  I would sit in my office behind a massive pile of cocaine, racking my pistol's slide every time the cleaning lady came near.  Auditors, I'd just shoot."

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on September 22, 2015, 07:27:15 PM
Bone's apology:

"You're SUPER MEAN AND A POOPYHEAD! Nobody likes you, except all your friends who you talk to all the time! If you didn't treat people like shit, people like me hating you and reporting your account wouldn't happen, but I still desperately want you to like me and I'm going to disguise my final spate of attempts to insult you as fake concern about the meltdown you're not having."

Yeah.   :lulz:  Either he changed, or I used to be blind, because up until now I took the guy seriously.  Of course, I haven't interacted with him since he was here.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on September 22, 2015, 07:31:17 PM
Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on September 22, 2015, 07:27:15 PM
Bone's apology:

Yeah.   :lulz:  Either he changed, or I used to be blind, because up until now I took the guy seriously.  Of course, I haven't interacted with him since he was here.

I used to think he was pretty cool, but over the last couple of years his posts on Facebook have been teetering ever closer to Rand Paul Libertarianism.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Nast on September 22, 2015, 07:27:23 PM

I'm just glad that it's not Paula Deen grinning and holding a tray of potato salad.
Because then I would never sleep, ever.

<shudder>

Payne

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on September 22, 2015, 07:31:17 PM

Wait, that Bones? I always thought he was alright round here. What crawled up his ass and turned him into that asshole in the Facebook thread?

Meunster

Probably some repressed sexual memories. 
Poe's law ;)

Eater of Clowns

Yeah, Bones seemed pretty cool while he was here. That shit in the FB thread really caught me off guard. What a dick.
Quote from: Pippa Twiddleton on December 22, 2012, 01:06:36 AM
EoC, you are the bane of my existence.

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 07, 2014, 01:18:23 AM
EoC doesn't make creepy.

EoC makes creepy worse.

the afflicted persons get hold of and consume carrots even in socially quite unacceptable situations.

Cain

He's been posting quite a bit of weird shit to FB about Muslims secretly plotting to take over the world, how immigration ruins a country (AUSTRALIAN LOL!) and taxes being theft for a while now.