News:

Heaven is a sausage party.

Main Menu

"SUPERHERO" VIGILANTE - IN REAL LIFE!!

Started by E.O.T., October 05, 2010, 07:02:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

E.O.T.

http://www.jsonline.com/news/milwaukee/104252724.html

When the two main loves in your life are helping people and reading comic books, the call is loud and clear: Become a superhero.

He calls himself the Watchman. He won't give his real name.

His identity is obscured by a bright red mask that covers half his goateed face. He wears black boots, black pants, black leather gloves and a black trench coat, but there's a large yellow circle on the chest of his black hooded sweatshirt, with a big W.

"I'm what people refer to as a real-life superhero," he says.

By night, on weekends, he patrols Milwaukee's Riverwest neighborhood, looking for injustice and evildoers. By day? That's a mystery.

"While most reactions to what I do are positive, there are a few negative responses," he explains, adding that the disguise protects his family - a wife and two young sons - from any of that. "I'm the one who decided to do this, not them," he says. "They should not have to suffer for it."

For him, it's not about fulfilling a childhood fantasy, or getting the attention of late-night bar patrons.

"Somebody needs to do something," explains the Watchman, who contemplated becoming a police officer before donning his mask.
"a good fight justifies any cause"

Cramulus

omg omg omg this is the best news I've heard all month

these are STRANGE TIMES, no? I mean this is precisely what I mean when I talk about how the information age is facilitating the creation of some BIZARRE identities. This guy is the first one, but there will be more. GODDESS ERIS I pray to thee that there will be more...!

AFK

I am a little curious as to how the wife and kids really feel about Daddy wandering off at night to fight crime.  Can Watchman leap a team of Divorce lawyers in a single bound? 
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

That guy is RAD

I am all for vigilanteism. If this catches on, I'm totally going to become a vigilante and start putting the hurt to people. People I don't like, such as corporations with terrible customer service.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Jasper

I keep hearing news about vigilantes

This is another one I've heard of.  I don't know if this is him or not, I heard of it elsewhere

http://www.myspace.com/thanatos2008ms

Don Coyote

So he is neighborhood watch in a costume?

Jasper

Whatever, it is rad to dress up like a freak and scare hoodlums.

Don Coyote

Quote from: Sigmatic on October 05, 2010, 08:06:12 PM
Whatever, it is rad to dress up like a freak and scare hoodlums.

Until you freak out the wrong drugged up guy and get shanked.

I mean it's cool that him and some other guys are going out and patrolling their neighborhoods and other areas. I just don't see how is he is a vigilante unless he is laying down some beatings on purse snatchers with his flashlight.

Jasper

You just don't understand.  You can shank a man, but you can't shank an idea.

Don Coyote

Quote from: Sigmatic on October 05, 2010, 08:13:36 PM
If you shank everyone who has the idea and then shank the books that hold the idea then you can indeed shank an idea.

Jasper

What kind of ruffians have you been up against?  You poor bastard.

Don Coyote

Quote from: Sigmatic on October 05, 2010, 08:19:30 PM
What kind of ruffians have you been up against?  You poor bastard.

I am a horrible person.

Jasper

Oh, YOU'RE the one doing this?

Sympathy = RESCINDED

Cramulus

Quote from: Sigmatic on October 05, 2010, 08:13:36 PM

:spittake:

Don Coyote

Quote from: Sigmatic on October 05, 2010, 08:26:13 PM
Oh, YOU'RE the one doing this?

Sympathy = RESCINDED

Oh no, I just happen know what kind of lengths that needed to go to to destroy an idea, or kill off a people. Just wanted to point out that ideas can be killed.