OPEN BAR: Top 10 things millenials hate about OB that we didn't know last week!

Started by Doktor Howl, April 23, 2015, 04:00:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chelagoras The Boulder

"It isn't who you know, it's who you know, if you know what I mean.  And I think you do."

Chelagoras The Boulder

"It isn't who you know, it's who you know, if you know what I mean.  And I think you do."

Doktor Howl

Molon Lube

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Thanks guys. She's in the ICU right now, racking up the bills. Holding steady. Steady is OK, but it's one of those things where the longer she goes without turning the corner, the lower her odds of turning it at all. Her odds are still pretty high right now though. I'm hoping for good news in the morning.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

This dog of mine has gotten me through some very tough times. I am hoping that I can do the same for her.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Back to the douchecanoe topic, I read this article and the observation Cain made about The Red Pill is so spot-on: http://www.doctornerdlove.com/2014/09/the-red-pill/

If the kid isn't into that scene, he seems to be doing a perfect job of replicating the philosophy on his own steam.

Cain

Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on June 08, 2015, 04:41:39 AM
Back to the douchecanoe topic, I read this article and the observation Cain made about The Red Pill is so spot-on: http://www.doctornerdlove.com/2014/09/the-red-pill/

If the kid isn't into that scene, he seems to be doing a perfect job of replicating the philosophy on his own steam.

Yeah, I don't think it's like a 100% fit, but there are a lot of uncomfortable parallels there.

In other news, I'll start streaming in like, 50 minutes or so.  Maybe.

LMNO

Vanadium Gryllz

Quote from: Cain on June 08, 2015, 01:39:35 PM

I enjoyed your other Skyrim stream the other day (I watched the recorded version). Was the muted section at the start due to you playing non-game music or something?

I have never had the savvy/time to properly get into Skyrim modding so it's an interesting watch.

Do you already have a youtube channel set up or is this a project in progress?

I am at work at the moment so won't be able to watch live unfortunately.
"I was fine until my skin came off.  I'm never going to South Attelboro again."

Cain

Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on June 08, 2015, 01:40:52 PM
I'll see if my interbutts are up to snuff.

Awesome.

Quote from: Xaz on June 08, 2015, 01:44:22 PM
Quote from: Cain on June 08, 2015, 01:39:35 PM

I enjoyed your other Skyrim stream the other day (I watched the recorded version). Was the muted section at the start due to you playing non-game music or something?

I have never had the savvy/time to properly get into Skyrim modding so it's an interesting watch.

Do you already have a youtube channel set up or is this a project in progress?

I am at work at the moment so won't be able to watch live unfortunately.

Thanks!

No, that was strange though.  I mean, I was at the title sequence, but it's entirely possible that is not copyrighted to Bethesda and so set off the automatic detection system, much like Youtube's.

I do, but I'm terrible at uploading stuff to it.  I'm going to try and do that more over the summer, while I don't have any real Uni work to bother me.

Cain

OK, I'm literally just waiting on an update to install on my laptop (which I use to read the chat) and then I'll get going.

Speaking of which, I'm thinking of starting out with some Mass Effect randomizer adventures (randomly chosen kits/weapons), but I might do some more Skyrim after.  Perhaps Perkus Maximus, instead of SkyRe.  Not decided yet. 

Edit: to chat, you will need a Twitch account.  And I'm streaming now.

LMNO

Cain

Cainad (dec.)

DemoSquid beat me to the "fetishization of logic" bit.

"I hold other people's feelings and thoughts in contempt, therefore I am rational. Because I believe in Borg Logic."

"I am a rational person, therefore my thoughts, decisions, and conclusions are rational."

Contempt, disdain, and self-superiority are all emotions. So is the desire to show them all how much you don't care that they think you're a scumbag. FP's motivation is to "win" by beating "the bad guys" (here personified by the girlfriend's parents) by being smarter than them. The girlfriend is not relevant except as a battlefield.

He can be the hero if he "saves" her. If she didn't need to be saved she'd be about as valuable to him as a corn chip. She's the challenge by which he will prove himself, even if only to himself.

And he's annoyed that a victim of long-term emotional and physical abuse (if that's to be believed) isn't making it easier for him to enact his masterful plan. Because, of course, abused people living in unstable, potentially dangerous conditions are well-known for their calm, detached demeanor. The battlefield is not cooperating with his battle plan, and he's mad at her in the same way you'd be mad at a rock you stubbed your toe on. She's in the way.

But of course, this is all just "feedback" or "baseless speculation" depending on how much this annoys him. If he was really interested in feedback on his battle plan, he'd take the actual advice being given. Advice which I don't think he's figured out yet, because he thinks it's just insults.

LMNO

Quote from: Cain on June 08, 2015, 02:46:43 PM
OK, I'm literally just waiting on an update to install on my laptop (which I use to read the chat) and then I'll get going.

Speaking of which, I'm thinking of starting out with some Mass Effect randomizer adventures (randomly chosen kits/weapons), but I might do some more Skyrim after.  Perhaps Perkus Maximus, instead of SkyRe.  Not decided yet. 

Edit: to chat, you will need a Twitch account.  And I'm streaming now.

Pretty cool, Cain. Thanks!