OPEN BAR: Top 10 things millenials hate about OB that we didn't know last week!

Started by Doktor Howl, April 23, 2015, 04:00:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

POFP

Quote from: Don Coyote on June 10, 2015, 02:56:40 AM
Quote from: PlightOfFernandoPoo on June 10, 2015, 02:39:37 AM
Quote from: Don Coyote on June 10, 2015, 01:48:06 AM
Shitstain is sort of harshing my cool.

I was thinking about changing my forum name to something that rolls off the tongue better than a Sex Magicians reference. "Shitstain" could work. Or I could keep it something appropriate to my original name, and make it good ole "Poo"/"Fernando Poo." Fernando sounds exotic. And Fernando Poo sounds like an exotic shit, which is something I'm quite familiar with since the new Blazin Wing Sauce.

:ohboy:

:lol:

Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on June 10, 2015, 03:07:53 AM
Quote from: Fernando Poo on June 09, 2015, 09:32:19 PM
Quote from: Hoopla on June 09, 2015, 07:46:16 PM
Quote from: PlightOfFernandoPoo on June 09, 2015, 07:37:40 PM
I just read all the shit on Luka. Looked like he was trying to find his way cutting corners while balancing his extreme emotional issues. I found the impersonation and fraud quite comical.

The obsession with killing cats, and the EXTREMELY Histrionic tendencies were a bit odd, though. I've always found attention-seeking to be a waste of time and energy unless it propagated useful information or connections. However, I do not believe this was his goal. He tended to stray far from pragmatism.

I have a friend who may have ended up something like this guy if it weren't for his intelligence, pragmatism, and knack for introspection. He had some interesting experiences with some cats as a kid, as well. He's also quite emotional, and a bit histrionic. He just wasn't nearly as unaware as Luka, here.

I'm sure you could've straightened him out.

Well, my methods can't reach many aspects of neurobiology. Suggestive, self-esteem-based, and ideological manipulation can, at best, cause a certain part of the brain to get more or less activity. If a part of the brain is actually defective, conscious rehabilitation is, as far as I know, impossible.

Certain aspects of experience during early development can influence later behaviors because that's how the developmental stages of the brain work. Early experiences help the brain develop according to the environment it's in. Now, I don't know anything about Luka's childhood, but I'm sure his problem was not on the "nurture" side of the debate. I think his issue was genetically predisposed, meaning he was born with the problem. And his early experiences, even if they weren't that supportive (Of the predisposition's growth), allowed his predispositions to grow into permanent psychological damage. By permanent, I mean: Can't be solved with conscious/subconscious methods of manipulation. It would probably take surgery that neurobiologists aren't at a high enough level to perform yet. I am not an alien neurobiologist.

:hosrie:

I love armchair neuropsychologists.

I don't consider that information very high-level. It was generalized to lower verbosity, but I think it still stands. I don't claim to be an expert in anything, here.

Quote from: Hoopla on June 10, 2015, 03:14:08 AM
Quote from: Hoopla on June 10, 2015, 03:10:22 AM
Fernando, I have a memory of you being sort of ok... When did you become a human trilby?

I just tiptoed through your posts. Turns out I was wrong.

Actually, you were one of the first few to greet me and invite me in with open arms. It's ok, though. You couldn't have known.

Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on June 10, 2015, 03:22:21 AM
See, the thing about a really, really good troll is that it's not that hard. You just start talking about something that you kind of understand aspects of, a little, and state your partially-understood concepts as if they are incontrovertible facts. You gotta state that shit as if you are some kind of reknowned expert. Then, you wait for someone to correct you, and you double the fuck down. More people will join the fray, it's human nature. Make sure to only partially address anyone's points, and do so in a wall of text that manages to be both condescendingly-toned and also, somehow, just utterly clueless as fuck. It's ideal if you can, in the process, imply or outright accuse others of doing exactly what you're doing, AND, AND AND AND, also imply that they are either stupid.

What's the difference between an idiot and a troll? The troll knows he's wrong.

If you master this troll, you can take it to a higher level by actually being right, but sounding like you're wrong.Then, as the shrillness of the debate escalates, you can slowly nudge your argument toward utter placid reasonableness until your opponent doesn't just look mistaken to an outside observer, but outright insane.

I'm gonna have to find it, and it'll take a lot of looking, but I think I witnessed a troll of that level before. I didn't even realize it until now...

Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on June 10, 2015, 03:39:17 AM
My dog just ate. :)

Very nice! Happy for you.
This Certified Pope™ reserves the Right to, on occasion, "be a complete dumbass", and otherwise ponder "idiotic" and/or "useless" ideas and other such "tomfoolery." [Aforementioned] are only responsible for the results of these actions and tendencies when they have had their addictive substance of choice for that day.

Being a Product of their Environment's Collective Order and Disorder, [Aforementioned] also reserves the Right to have their ideas, technologies, and otherwise all Intellectual Property stolen, re-purposed, and re-attributed at Will ONLY by other Certified Popes. Corporations, LLC's, and otherwise Capitalist-based organizations are NOT capable of being Certified Popes.

Battering Rams not included.

Rev Thwack

See, the thing about a really, really good troll is that it's not that hard. You just start talking about something that you kind of understand aspects of, a little, and state your partially-understood concepts as if they are incontrovertible facts. You gotta state that shit as if you are some kind of reknowned expert. Then, you wait for someone to correct you, and you double the fuck down. More people will join the fray, it's human nature. Make sure to only partially address anyone's points, and do so in a wall of text that manages to be both condescendingly-toned and also, somehow, just utterly clueless as fuck. It's ideal if you can, in the process, imply or outright accuse others of doing exactly what you're doing, AND, AND AND AND, also imply that they are either stupid.

If you master this troll, you can take it to a higher level by actually being right, but sounding like you're wrong.Then, as the shrillness of the debate escalates, you can slowly nudge your argument toward utter placid reasonableness until your opponent doesn't just look mistaken to an outside observer, but outright insane.
Dude, you have absolutely no idea what the fuck you're taking about here, do you? It's like I just walked into the Land that Understanding Forgot.

[emoji12]
My balls itch...

LMNO

Quote from: Doktor Howl on June 10, 2015, 03:20:41 AM
Well, neither of the jobs I had my heart set on panned out, for reasons I am too disgusted with to mention.

Time to look elsewhere.  I have 3 solid leads and some other shit on the back burner.

No regrets, I would have quit that job without ANY idea of where I was going.
Motherfucking damn.

Glad you have no regrets, but shit-- can a person catch a break already?

Cainad (dec.)

Quote from: Doktor Howl on June 10, 2015, 03:20:41 AM
Well, neither of the jobs I had my heart set on panned out, for reasons I am too disgusted with to mention.

Time to look elsewhere.  I have 3 solid leads and some other shit on the back burner.

No regrets, I would have quit that job without ANY idea of where I was going.

Aw, boo. :sad:

Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on June 10, 2015, 03:39:17 AM
My dog just ate. :)

Hooray!

Reginald Ret

Quote from: Rev Thwack on June 10, 2015, 04:27:21 AM

Dude, you have absolutely no idea what the fuck you're taking about here, do you? It's like I just walked into the Land that Understanding Forgot.

[emoji12]
Rev Thwack,
That was a good effort but not wall of texty enough.
Is your reading comprehension failing you? Kids these days, education isn't what is used to be. It must be the texting everyone is doing all the time.
Also, Nigel intentionally left a hook for you to use but you completely failed to catch it. (It's spelled renowned, people. Look it up!)

Now, this may be a double reverse troll but that would require more insight in he community to pull off.
Lord Byron: "Those who will not reason, are bigots, those who cannot, are fools, and those who dare not, are slaves."

Nigel saying the wisest words ever uttered: "It's just a suffix."

"The worst forum ever" "The most mediocre forum on the internet" "The dumbest forum on the internet" "The most retarded forum on the internet" "The lamest forum on the internet" "The coolest forum on the internet"

Rev Thwack

Quote from: Reginald Ret on June 10, 2015, 09:17:54 AM

[emoji12]
Rev Thwack,
Is your reading comprehension failing you? Kids these days, education isn't what is used to be. It must be the texting everyone is doing all the time.
Also, Nigel intentionally left a hook for you to use but you completely failed to catch it. (It's spelled renowned, people. Look it up!)

Now, this may be a double reverse troll but that would require more insight in he community to pull off.

When I was young like you, I would do "wall of texty" (as you so eloquently put it) in a heartbeat. Now, my arthritic fingers coupled with my intolerance for such youthful exuberance have me posting replies more like "pbbbth".
My balls itch...

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Rev Thwack on June 10, 2015, 12:49:43 PM
Quote from: Reginald Ret on June 10, 2015, 09:17:54 AM

[emoji12]
Rev Thwack,

When I was young like you, I would do "wall of texty" (as you so eloquently put it) in a heartbeat. Now, my arthritic fingers coupled with my intolerance for such youthful exuberance have me posting replies more like "pbbbth".

:lulz:
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Fernando Poo on June 10, 2015, 03:50:36 AM

I don't consider that information very high-level.

REALLY??? YOU KID.

:sexybeast:

You are so shockingly unobservant about the people that you interact with that I really wonder whether your entire vaunted ability to "read" and "manipulate" people is entirely based in self-deception.

I DO rather hope that your next parlor trick will be explaining the international politics of terrorism in simplified terms, though. Just for the lail.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Cain

Doktor Howl

[emoji12]

I feel like that time Penumbral came back.
Molon Lube

Rev Thwack

Quote from: Doktor Howl on June 10, 2015, 04:40:34 PM

[emoji12]

I feel like that time Penumbral came back.

He was a good guy... fun, but a little uptight at times.
My balls itch...

EK WAFFLR

Shit Howl. That sucks.
As said, though. Glad you have no regrets.

Also, YAY nigel's dog. I'm rootin' for him.
"At first I lifted weights.  But then I asked myself, 'why not people?'  Now everyone runs for the fjord when they see me."

Horribly Oscillating Assbasket of Deliciousness
[/b]