News:

It is our goal to harrass and harangue you ever further toward our own incoherent brand of horse-laugh radicalism.

Main Menu

Life in the Age of Dumb, part 2: A vengeful tide.

Started by The Good Reverend Roger, July 08, 2004, 07:42:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Irreverend Hugh, KSC

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger

Sure.  In layman's terms, you don't have a job, because Bush ACTIVELY ENCOURAGES corporations to send jobs to Malaysia, etc...you can't buy food, because you have no job, so you are hungry.

Action.  Reaction.  Slow starvation.

Yep. The old starvation method. It keeps the population under control.
"Time for the tin-foil hats, girls and boys!"

Rupert Giles

Quote from: St. Hugh, KSC

Sure.  In layman's terms, you don't have a job, because Bush ACTIVELY ENCOURAGES corporations to send jobs to Malaysia, etc...you can't buy food, because you have no job, so you are hungry.

Action.  Reaction.  Slow starvation.

Yep. The old starvation method. It keeps the population under control.

Too bad it missed some people I know who post on this thread who have done so directly above me...

...Am I not being Obfuscated enough?

I'm just kidding.  I love you.

TO DEATH.

sakredchao

people have to work 2 jobs to "make ends meet" because they choose to live that lifestyle.  stop paying rent and then you save thousands every year.  

i have never had a problem holding down a job.  
if you:
1. show up on time
2. work hard

you should always have work, or most employers who have ot let you go will help you find work by word of mouth.  or that's my experience out west, cause my generation is full of lazy slackers who wouldn't know how to work hard if their mtv depended on it.

aldous huxley wrote the brave new world right here in my backyard.  new mexico is "the savage reservation"..  

kim
consistancy is the blah blah-blin of blah blah blah

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: sakredchaopeople have to work 2 jobs to "make ends meet" because they choose to live that lifestyle.  

Newt Gingrich?  Is that YOU?  :roll:
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

gnimbley

Quote from: sakredchaopeople have to work 2 jobs to "make ends meet" because they choose to live that lifestyle.  

Sounds a lot like Dr. Phil, doesn't it? Must be an imposter in a sakredchao suit.

Rupert Giles

No, he's still trying to catch that Gazelle, along with Rush Limbaugh and Bob Dole.

Anonymous

by living that lifestyle, i mean they chose to buy into the industrial consumerist culture which tells people that they need money to live, instead of needing the money to live -that lifestyle-.

all of the people i know on welfare don't need it.  they get it cause it's easy.  i only have a couple friends i enjoy working with cause most of my other friends are lazy..  good to hang out with but not work with.  same attitude causes both things.

so i guess that makes me a little more republican, not liking welfare.
sort of anarchist-republican.  *shrug*  labels suck anyway.

kim

Lister

Sorta reminds me of someone (a colleague of a friend of mine) who works in a factory on nightshift for an entire month, in order to afford a special exhaust pipe so his pimped car makes a slightly different sound when driving...
When I was a little man
Playdough came in a little can
I was Star Wars' biggest fan
Now I'm stuck without a plan
GI Joe was an action man
Shaggy drove the mystery van
Devo was my favorite band
Take me back to my happy land

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Anonymousby living that lifestyle, i mean they chose to buy into the industrial consumerist culture which tells people that they need money to live, instead of needing the money to live -that lifestyle-.

all of the people i know on welfare don't need it.  they get it cause it's easy.  i only have a couple friends i enjoy working with cause most of my other friends are lazy..  good to hang out with but not work with.  same attitude causes both things.

so i guess that makes me a little more republican, not liking welfare.
sort of anarchist-republican.  *shrug*  labels suck anyway.

kim

Yeah, they choose to do stylish things like EAT.

The people you know may very well be welfare cheats, but there are people out there who HAVE NO CHOICE.

Easy to say they do, but have you ever BEEN to the Appalachias?  ZERO work, and no money to move.

Gary, Indiana?

Morris, Illinois?

Watertown, New York?

Killeen, Texas?

The bus station in your town?

Tell ya what...you go to the Hesed House in Aurora, Illinois, and then tell me that these people are just "lazy".

Many of them are mentally ill, tossed out on the streets (THANKS, REAGAN!), many are physically whole, and recently out of work, but have NO JOB PROSPECTS.  ALL of the fucking factories are closed/closing down.

So take your self-righteous, holier than thou BULLSHIT, and shove it up your ass.

That is all.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Trollax

Roger's right...

I spent two years out of school looking for work. I applied for over 300 jobs in that time and got two interviews, for both of which I was turned down. I had a friend threaten me last year with being reported to the tax office for hinting at the idea I might operate a psychic line and not report my earnings to the tax office.

After living in the economy Keating and Howard created I think I'm entitled. I had one casual job for six months last year earning less than award wage because I was working in a job that was for a junior trainee.

I'm surviving on $210 a fortnight, which is not going to cover the bills once I move out. Which is why I'm going into business for myself. Centerlink's slogan is "giving you options" but they never tell you anything ussefull unless you verbally abuse them (this is true, I've had to do this alot lately).

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: St. Trollax, ODDI had a friend threaten me last year with being reported to the tax office for hinting at the idea I might operate a psychic line and not report my earnings to the tax office.

With friends like THAT, who needs enemas?

You should have kicked his weasel ass.

Trollax

Quote from: St. Trollax, ODDI had a friend threaten me last year with being reported to the tax office for hinting at the idea I might operate a psychic line and not report my earnings to the tax office.

Who said I didn't? It's not his fault, he's a conservative religious man (who still has the family scottish streak, so he's always under a lot of stress from bible and heritage on opposite sides).

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: St. Trollax, ODD

Who said I didn't? It's not his fault, he's a conservative religious man (who still has the family scottish streak, so he's always under a lot of stress from bible and heritage on opposite sides).

No excuse.  Friends don't turn friends in to the man.  That's really all there is to it.

Trollax

Quote from: St. Trollax, ODD

No excuse.  Friends don't turn friends in to the man.  That's really all there is to it.

True enough...

Malaul

Gary, Indiana?

Ive been there

GODS it was smelly and had smokes stacks that where on fire!!!
Coito ergo sum
O! Plus! Perge! Aio! Hui! Hem!
"You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy,the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named Bush, Dick, and Colon.  --Comedian Chris Rock