News:

Bigotry is abound, apprently, within these boards.  There is a level of supposed tolerance I will have no part of.  Obviously, it seems to be well-embraced here.  I have finally found something more fucked up than what I'm used to.  Congrats. - Ruby

Main Menu

hello? bip wiki?

Started by Triple Zero, March 05, 2007, 09:16:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Triple Zero

i was gonna put this in the money/mouth thread, but then i realized that would be jacking, so:

shouldn't we also be filling the BIP wiki with our rants, writings and all the things that have appeared in this forum?

am i right in that every bit of writing (especially the larger ones) in this subforum are free to copy to the BIP-wiki, except for TGGRs rants (which didn't appear in this subforum but i'm gonna mention anyway) which he copyrighted?

because, either people should put their own writings there after having written them, but failing that, is it okay for anyone to put their favourite (non copyrighted) bits in the wiki as well?

sorry it's not a shiny magazine with heavy interviews and opinion pieces battling it out (which would be very cool as well of course!) but it's an outcome from our previous flurry of activity, of which i would think it would be very important if it took some real shape.
i was personally thinking of using that wiki for building my own mashup/collation of favourite bits, to cut-n-paste some tailor fit pamphlets for certain events i might be able to flyer, and the such.

also as a good place to store the outcome of our discussions, because, i think a forum is a really good medium for getting the inspiration juices free flowing and getting some real creative material, but i think that wiki is a good place to store the more finalized crystilized outcomes of those discussions in a sort of wikipedia-style cross-referenced manner.
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

AFK

And if there is something you want posted there, but you don't have the permissions to do so let LMNO, Syn, or myself know and we'll take care of it. 
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

The Littlest Ubermensch

That's great and all for rants and so on, but what do you suggest we do for the great ideas we develop in the various long threads on this board?
[witticism/philosophical insight/nifty quote to prove my intelligence to the forum]

LISTEN TO MY SHOW THURSDAY 5-7 EST

THEN GO TO MY MYSPACE

Triple Zero

huh?
no i already have an account, just put some text and pictures on my "personal page" even.

all i wanted to know is, several people have stated multiple times "use my stuff i don't care", but i always forget who, and if there are any exceptions (except TGGR which is the only exception i remember) so if i was to start copying some of the larger texts (i was thinking of starting with LMNOs re-writeup of the "discussion" thing) to that wiki nobody would get terribly upset.

also i was thinking the whole lot of you should get an account at that wiki, and start copy/pasting stuff there. just for saving, reference, etc

--

to TLU: i would suggest, just in order to nail the information with as less effort as possible, just copy/paste the things that capture the great idea best, add some headings. if you care enough, rewrite and edit a bit, in whatever format you like (LMNOs example comes to mind, but there's no need to make every article on that wiki sound like a latenight discussion in a bar)
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

AFK

I agree.  And I'm pretty sure everybody's stuff is up for grabs except TGRR.  But I suppose when in doubt, PM. 
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

The Littlest Ubermensch

*gets to work on some thread archaeology*
[witticism/philosophical insight/nifty quote to prove my intelligence to the forum]

THEN GO TO MY MYSPACE

Cain

I think we need a list of the kopyleft authors somewhere, just so we know.  I'll pop a thread up in the Propaganda section (which so needs a better name.  One will be forthcoming).

Triple Zero

i just put up LMNOs piece there: http://www.poee.co.uk/bip/index.php?title=The_Golden_Sphere_of_Possibility

for now, it might be a good idea to just post a message in this thread whenever someone adds a new page and if the original author isn't allright with it, it can be wiped in no time.

(so LMNO, give a shout if you don't want that text appearing there, but i guess you don't mind)

i still gotta figure out the better wiki formatting options .. wanted to make a nice "quote box" for the pamphlet text, ended up using horizontal rulers for lack of alternative (the wiki formatting help page is somehow empty?) (i could probably have a look at the wikipedia help pages, i'd guess their formatting should work on the BIP-wiki as well)

a list of the kopyleft authors is also good. just have them state something like "kopyleft unless otherwise noted" should be enough, i guess

The Littlest Ubermensch

I managed to get an 18-some page .doc of a somewhat lengthy debate from this board (with editing for clarity, space, and removal of OT/meaningless to the outside world posts). Any of you who are decent at wiki formatting (and have an account, because I seem to be completely incapable of figuring out how to set up an account at the wiki)

Rapidshared @:
http://rapidshare.com/files/19593048/Free.doc.html

(edit: oops. didn't check to see how recent it was. seems quiet though, and the doc can be modified.  :oops:)

THEN GO TO MY MYSPACE

Triple Zero

i just downloaded it. it's a LOT of text so i'm not gonna make any promises here

really wiki formatting is easy, better get yourself an account and copy/paste straight to the right place

The Littlest Ubermensch

Quote from: triple zero on March 05, 2007, 10:15:23 PM
i just downloaded it. it's a LOT of text so i'm not gonna make any promises here

really wiki formatting is easy, better get yourself an account and copy/paste straight to the right place

One question though. I click the link to create an account, and it gives me the login screen, with no other options. What do I do?

THEN GO TO MY MYSPACE

Triple Zero

*logs out, clicks*

hm

good question, i suppose Syn disabled the signup procedure. in that case you should PM him?

i kinda figured his intention was anybody posting here could get an account, but maybe he has different ideas .. ?

LHX

wait - theres a BIP wiki?
neat hell

Cain

The admins can make new accounts for other people.

The Littlest Ubermensch

Please being to set me up an account, admins?

THEN GO TO MY MYSPACE