News:

Where Everybody Knows You're Lame. 

Main Menu

R is for Rant...

Started by ThatGreenGentleman, June 11, 2011, 08:54:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ThatGreenGentleman

Religions irritate me. Especially Catholicism and Christianity. Mormons are a close second, but this rant is about the first two I listed. Sorry Mormons, no rant about you. On with the rant! I've pretty much grown up in communities that involved either Catholicism, Christianity, or both. Needless to say, most of them were, and probably still are, assholes. I never believed in either religion despite being baptized Catholic, but that was really only done to make my grandparents happy. Always thought it was silly and ridiculous to believe in a supernatural being that lived in the clouds. I still do think that. Because really, a bearded guy who lives in clouds who watches what everyone is doing all the time, and still hasn't been spotted by airplanes, doesn't sound silly to you? Hell, even religions were started when we were too dumb to even think things through clearly and people hallucinated at least two or three times a day. In this day and age, I really thought people would have moved on from religion to more important things, but no. Everything is either about God or baby Jesus, and it just makes me sick. I literally can't go on to FaceBook (even though I don't use it often) without seeing some status update or whatever, that has to do with "accepting God into your heart" or "Jesus will always be there for you!" Bullshit.

Everyone thinks that God is everything that is good and holy, but to me he sounds pretty Malevolent. And kind of an ass. When Adam and Eve ate the apple and gained knowledge, he cast them out of Eden just because they were no longer ignorant. Yet people still worship him. Natural disasters happen and people say it was/is the work of God, even though people died. Yet they still fucking worship him. They say everyone is made from God and are his children, yet they mistreat each other thinking that they are better than others and don't treat each other equally. Yet they still worship him. They believe in teaching kids about staying pure instead of teaching them to protect themselves, and they act all surprised when their daughter is pregnant. Hell, even one of my best friends has a purity ring. When I asked him why is buying into that shit he said, "Because being pure until marriage is important." I literally face palmed the table... with my face. Sad thing is, is that me and my friend can't have debates about religion without it getting to the point where we get on each others nerves that we're practically ready to start punching each other in the face.

What I actually find hilarious about the Christians and the Catholics is that when they say that in order to protect marriage, gay marriage must be banned. If they want to protect marriage so badly they'd make it illegal for heterosexuals to get divorced. And really, if we're all made from God or from his image, and someone is homosexual, transgender, etc. Then wouldn't that him those things too, even just a little bit? Because apparently, Catholics and Christians have this idea in their heads that their God is a straitlaced kind of guy, who thinks homosexuals, transgenders, etc. are the devil's work. Which again, complete bullshit. Every time I hear someone say something that gays, transgenders, etc. are an abomination and should all die, I call them out on that. I say things that make them embarrassed for making such ignorant and bigoted comments.

So you know what? Fuck you, and fuck your "God" cause I don't need him or believe in him.

TGG,
Does not put up with your BS, because really, just who are you trying to fool?

Or Kill Me.
As a gentleman, it is my duty to wear top-hats.

Don Coyote

:mittens:

"If god doesn't understand then he is not god and it doesn't matter."

The Wizard Joseph

ChaoPoop Notice:The following response may contain statements of belief or speculative particles based upon such.  They are not to be ingested or absorbed without proper PPE.  If you begin to feel dizziness, dry mouth, or anointment please seek help from a professional Ontologist.

A fun way to divert from mainstream Christianity.

Presume that the whole 10-12,000 year universe is as false as it would seem.  There's nowhere in the bible that says this.  It's just a dogma based on what may be called "very thorough" but perhaps not entirely accurate genealogies back to Adam.  It's not the truth based in the text of Genesis Ch.1 either.  All those "ands" at the front of the verses are conjunctions to the action of the subject, God. 

In the beginning God created the yadda yadda yadda(doesn't even kind of say how long ago)
AND the earth was "with out form and void" (means destroyed or made desolate. According to the subject of the AND God did this!)
AND God said let there be light, (And shit got all wild from there.)

So in short perhaps the mudball really HAS biblishly been spinning around for quite some time longer than your Sunday school teacher could have conceived of without a Lovecraftian breakdown. It would seem to me that without such folly God gets much cooler because now It's not about just humanity but a whole fuckin super titanic cosmos of who knows what.  In a purely natural environment I think that humanity could be seen as a super badass monkey revision since the last time God wiped the chalkboard.  We have developed into something orders of magnitude more dangerous than the T-Rex!(One of his best reptiles, Other win critters include, the botfly, habanero peppers, and syphilis)

This one change in perspective alone can open a christbot(Oh, and not all Christians are christbots) up some. Just enough to make said bot doubt for a moment their unfortunate mistaken understanding.  It's much more effective on ministers though.  Particularly evangelical types.  I consider it important to confront folks with this paradox in their "This is the only truth" approach to the bible, but where there is good stuff in there I encourage them to keep reading.
You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."
- Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality :lulz:

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

"It's not even chaos anymore. It's BANAL."
- Doktor Hamish Howl

Doktor Howl

Molon Lube

Placid Dingo

Haven't paid rent since 2014 with ONE WEIRD TRICK.

Dysfunctional Cunt

ThatGreenGentleman

Quote from: The Wizard Joseph on June 18, 2011, 04:29:26 PM
your Sunday school teacher

I have no Sunday school teacher sir, nor do I even attend a church of any kind.
As a gentleman, it is my duty to wear top-hats.

The Wizard Joseph

Quote from: ThatGreenGentleman on June 28, 2011, 06:21:26 AM
Quote from: The Wizard Joseph on June 18, 2011, 04:29:26 PM
your Sunday school teacher

I have no Sunday school teacher sir, nor do I even attend a church of any kind.

Indeed. Sorry to impose linguistically. Read rather "the average Sunday school blah blah.."
You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."
- Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality :lulz:

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

"It's not even chaos anymore. It's BANAL."
- Doktor Hamish Howl