News:

Sometimes I rattle the cage and beat my head uselessly against its bars, but sometimes, I can shake one loose and use it as a dildo.

Main Menu

Cooking with LMNO

Started by LMNO, October 08, 2008, 01:05:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Darth Cupcake

Quote from: Eve on October 08, 2008, 05:47:22 PM
Quote from: Darth Cupcake on October 08, 2008, 05:12:22 PM
Quote from: LMNO on October 08, 2008, 03:08:02 PM
Heh.  If I had a strapping young apprentice, Mrs LMNO would never leave the house.

Can't you just tell her he's a present for a friend?

Luckily she just has a fat, old chef who occasionally forgets to wear pants under his apron.

:fap:

I really need to come into ownership of a 50's housewife style apron for exactly that purpose. Except on me.

Despite clearly being a different style of apron, I have now just pictured you as Renee Zellwioaggwearwer in Empire Records. But HAWTer. :fap:

Same idea, though.

It'll make boozemuffins THAT MUCH MOAR EXCITING.
Be the trouble you want to see in the world.

LMNO

Not surprisingly, I am now horny.

Darth Cupcake

Quote from: LMNO on October 08, 2008, 06:24:43 PM
Not surprisingly, I am now horny.

How LMNO gets work done: for a large part of the day, he can't get out from behind his desk. :lol:

LMNO

I wouldn't want anyone to faint, or anything.

Suu

I'm not a huge fan of beets...I'm wondering what else I can throw in instead.
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

LMNO

It's basically "garlic + ________", so you could roast some broccoli, or asparagus, or....

Suu

You said asparagus. :mrgreen:  SOLD!
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Triple Zero

great, now i want your kitchen. cancerous bipolar vomit, and i just got a new one.

also, on a good day, when we're together, this is what my gf and i spend part of the day on. the teamwork yields unpexpected amazements for both parties :) ... and on a bad day, we eat the leftovers of the day before ;-)

and obviously i need more beets. i need one of those veggie subscriptions, but on my own i can never eat all of it, i'm afraid.
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

LMNO

TripZip:  Dinner parties.

Also, last night's meal was interrupted by pterodactyls a last-minute band practice, so the kale soup will be for tonight.

This may be of interest to DCup: We went to the Plough and Stars for dinner instead, and it was REALLY GOOD.  It was unexpectedly excellent.  I have a feeling it's very close to your apartment, so if you haven't already, GO THERE.

Darth Cupcake

Yeah, it's right near me. I will have to check it out sometime, as I've never gone. I usually stop at People's Republik and never make it up to the next corner for yet more Commie goodness. Thanks for the info!

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

That looks really, really tasty. Also, I initially read the title as "Cocking with LMNO" and I was excited.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

LMNO

Quote from: Nigel on October 09, 2008, 07:38:38 PM
That looks really, really tasty. Also, I initially read the title as "Cocking with LMNO" and I was excited.

That thread can be provided.

No pics, however.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: LMNO on October 09, 2008, 09:01:48 PM

No pics, however.
:cry:
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Darth Cupcake

Quote from: Nigel on October 09, 2008, 09:57:32 PM
Quote from: LMNO on October 09, 2008, 09:01:48 PM

No pics, however.
:cry:

Exactly.

LMNO

Let's see, kale soup... what first?  Ah.  Onions, Garlic, Habenero.  It's true, I use lots of garlic.

We'll also need to cube some potato.

Don't forget to wash that kale in a salt water bath.  Might as well tear out the stalk while you're at it.

The missus requested it to be slightly healthier, so we're sautéing some Italian chicken sausage, which explains the color:

After it's browned, remove.  Hey DCup, check out all the bits stuck to the bottom. That's the fond.

Turn the heat down and add the onions, habenero, and a couple of bay leaves.

When they get nice and soft, add the garlic.  Stir it around, srsly.

Here comes the deglaze:  Turn the heat up and slowly pour in some white wine (shit, looks like I need to get more).

Scrape the fond up, let the liquid evaporate.

ECH and others might say otherwise, but in this recipe, I let the wine evaporate almost completely.

Add the kale.  It'll break down soon enough.

...And return the sausage.

Add enough stock to reach the desired liquid/solid ratio.  What?  You don't make your own stock?

This is the stuff, right here.  Trust me.

Ok, it's back up to a boil.  Add the potato, turn the heat down, and simmer for 30, or until the potato reaches the texture you like.  Season to taste (though the habanero and nam pla adds plenty of both heat and salt).

A little parmesan finishes it off.

And there you have it.