News:

What the fuck is a homonym?  It's something that sounds gay.

Main Menu

Raph's Kitchen take 2

Started by Raphaella, October 15, 2008, 01:07:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Raphaella

Thanks guys. I'll try it again sometime with the suggestions you have added. I used a sharp provolone cheese because the grocery store did not sell fontina and I did not want to drive all the way to whole foods. I will try to get leaner meat, but I get stuck with what they have in the meat department too. My step Dad says that at Publix you can get the meat guy to grind up cuts of meat for you, but they won't do that at Albertsons.
I only used about a handful of bread crumbs, your right I should have used more. That salad is sauteed zucchini, squash, red onion, and baby bella mushrooms over fresh spinach and a few cherry tomatoes. The Book of Mormon was given to me by the best door to door salesmen evar! (I think they were selling Amway, or shares of LDS?)
The sun shall be turned to darkness and the moon into blood before the coming of the great and terrible OZ

Triple Zero

Quote from: East Coast Hustle on October 24, 2008, 10:18:48 PM
dunno. I'm not a big fan of rice flour, actually. I prefer chickpea flour and/or corn flour. usually mix the two to approximate the properties of wheat flour. Ad for the potatos, you just have to dice them really small. Shredding them would also work.

chickpea flour?

i'm currently in the posession of quite a quantity of chick peas, but i'm still recovering from my previous hummus binge :)

i suppose chickpea flour is ground chickpeas? would dumping a handful into a blender work, or would that destroy or damage the blades of the blender (depends on the type of blender, i suppose)
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

East Coast Hustle

are you asking me how to make chickpea flour?

1) go to local health food store/hippie co-op/whole foods

2) find part of store with different kinds of flour

3) buy some chickpea flour. more often found as garbanzo bean flour.
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

Triple Zero

your technique reminds me of Cain's :)
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

The Good Reverend Roger

Instructions unclear. The coconut exploded.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on October 16, 2015, 08:21:43 AM

Did someone allow you in the kitchen again???
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on October 16, 2015, 04:07:05 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on October 16, 2015, 08:21:43 AM

Did someone allow you in the kitchen again???

I might possibly have wandered in while unattended.  Maybe. 

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

LMNO

The Good Reverend Roger

SHE NEVER SAID THE COCONUT WAS SUPPOSED TO BE OUT OF THE SHELL.

I DON'T SEE HOW THIS IS MY FAULT.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Your handlers need to install video monitors to prevent these kinds of things from happening.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

LMNO

I think he needs one of those invisible fence shock collars.  It's the only way he'll learn.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: LMNO on October 16, 2015, 07:24:57 PM
I think he needs one of those invisible fence shock collars.  It's the only way he'll learn.

You know, that's not a bad idea at all. Someone should message his wife post-haste.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on October 16, 2015, 07:26:24 PM
Quote from: LMNO on October 16, 2015, 07:24:57 PM

You know, that's not a bad idea at all. Someone should message his wife post-haste.

I am oddly aroused.

Nast

Does anyone else hate the taste of chickpea flour? IMO, it tastes beany and grassy and bitter.
"If I owned Goodwill, no charity worker would feel safe.  I would sit in my office behind a massive pile of cocaine, racking my pistol's slide every time the cleaning lady came near.  Auditors, I'd just shoot."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Nast on October 16, 2015, 09:55:49 PM
Does anyone else hate the taste of chickpea flour? IMO, it tastes beany and grassy and bitter.

Yep, I don't like it at all. Which is funny, because I love chickpeas and most chickpea products.