News:

What the fuck is a homonym?  It's something that sounds gay.

Main Menu

ITT, I review alcoholic energy drinks for SCIENCE.

Started by East Coast Hustle, January 15, 2010, 04:53:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I've bee eating raw backyard eggs since I was a wee thing

ain't never killed me, even once.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Sir Squid Diddimus

LMNO

Triple Zero

i love energy drink mixes with fruit juice, but what's the raw egg for, even? i mean, apart from I dunno, blending a raw egg into your smoothie, which is all kinds of cool.

proteins you say? but don't you need the proteins after doing hard work [for repairing/growing muscles], and slow carbs before?

also for alcoholic energy drink, I'd agree with Cain. Vodka, Red Bull and I personally like adding grapefruit juice myself. Also I prefer the "Slammer" brand of energy drinks we have in the Netherlands here, they're a quarter the price of red bull and IMO taste better [weird kind of hint of gasoline-ish flavour, yeah I know, but it's chemical juice anyway, plus it combines well with alcohol].
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Suu

I'm just waiting for the massive health consequences that come about in a decade or so from these energy drinks. I don't drink them hardly at all, but I know a few people who can't live without them.
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Richter

Yeah, people will start having failure of random organs.  They're helpful from time to time, but should not be a habit.  Red Bull, I know is worse for tooth enamel than coke.

Quote from: Emerald City Hustle on January 18, 2010, 08:16:18 PM
ECH's post-prep pre-lunch-rush breakfast of choice when working:

combine in blender:

1 banana (peeled)
1 raw egg (shell can be discarded, if preferred)
1/2 cup orange juice
1/2 cup frozen strawberries
1/2 cup milk
1 cup decent brandy or rum

blend until smooth, then pour into a 22oz. mug until about 1/2 to 2/3 full.
top mug off with 1/2 can of fruit punch-flavored Nos Energy Drink
stir gently with spoon to mix, then pound it down.

repeat, as you will usually end up with enough to make two mugs.

you won't have to eat for a good 12 hours and you will be totally ready to fistfight a rhino.

Minus the booze and the energy drink, I live off of those from time to time.
Quote from: Eater of Clowns on May 22, 2015, 03:00:53 AM
Anyone ever think about how Richter inhabits the same reality as you and just scream and scream and scream, but in a good way?   :lulz:

Friendly Neighborhood Mentat

Rumckle

I like to mix Krating Daeng (aka Thai Red Bull) with vodka, cos that shit has some kick to it. But it can be hard to find here, plus I don't mix caffeine and alcohol that often anyway.
It's not trolling, it's just satire.

Dysfunctional Cunt

In the old days people just did lines in the bathroom and tequila shots at the bar......  :|

trippinprincezz13

Quote from: Emerald City Hustle on January 18, 2010, 05:53:14 PM
now I'm intrigued. What is this "Power Thirst"?

also, Suu, they totally still make Sparks. It's like the new MD 20/20 out here, in that any self-respecting high school kid has a couple cans in their backpack. They may have dropped it from the NE market, though, as I recall not seeing it anywhere in ME, NH, or MA for a couple of years now.

Definitely still sell it around here, at least in Southern NH and I'm sure I've seen it in MA too. Have to say, we only recently (few months ago) found out they took the "energy" crap out of Sparks, which is the only reason we ever choked it down at all. Not long after that, heading out fishing, my boyfriend and his friend discovered a dusty container of Joos in a nearly-bare liquor store (which should've been a good sign from the start). I wasn't there to try it but from what he said it was just as awful as ECH described
There's no sun shine coming through her ass, if you are sure of your penis.

Paranoia is a disease unto itself, and may I add, the person standing next to you, may not be who they appear to be, so take precaution.

If there is no order in your sexual life it may be difficult to stay with a whole skin.

Suu

Quote from: Khara on January 19, 2010, 04:28:21 PM
In the old days people just did lines in the bathroom and tequila shots at the bar......  :|

Now your talking!

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Cainad (dec.)

Quote from: Richter on January 19, 2010, 04:22:27 PM
Yeah, people will start having failure of random organs.  They're helpful from time to time, but should not be a habit.  Red Bull, I know is worse for tooth enamel than coke.

Repo Man?!

East Coast Hustle

Quote from: Khara on January 19, 2010, 04:28:21 PM

being in Portland, I expect the cocaine would be organic, sustainably-farmed, carbon-free, and utterly worthless at twice the price. I'll stick to synthetic uppers, because I know what to expect from them.
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

Dysnomia

It's all fun and games, till someone gets herpes.

http://cdn.smosh.com/smosh-pit/122010/mow-the-lawn.gif

Freeky

Suu