News:

PD's body has a way of shutting pro-lifer's down.

Main Menu

PD Recipe Thread

Started by East Coast Hustle, August 31, 2010, 05:03:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

East Coast Hustle

Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

Adios

Freeky and I will be compiling your recipes in a cookbook, the (if any) will go to support the monthly costs of PD. Any recipe entered will be considered as approved for publication with credits issued/

Freeky

Quote from: Charley Brown on August 31, 2010, 05:07:35 AM
Freeky and I will be compiling your recipes in a cookbook, the profits (if any) will go to support the monthly costs of PD. Any recipe entered will be considered as approved for publication with credits issued/

Yep. :)

Nephew Twiddleton

Reposting for this:

Quote from: Doktor Blight on June 08, 2010, 05:20:30 PM
Came up with this one over the weekend. Could probably make it into a grilled cheese too, but haven't tried that variant yet.

You will need:
12 grain whole grain bread, lightly toasted for crispness
Garlic hummus (or other hummus of your choice)
pepperjack cheese
garlic powder
black pepper
ground cinnamon
other spices as desired

Take two slices of the toasted bread. Spread hummus on both. Put pepperjack cheese on both. Sprinkle with the garlic powder, black pepper, and cinnamon (trust me, the cinnamon works), along with other spices. Combine into sandwich form. Microwave/toast/fry to melt the cheese and hummus. Consume.

Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

Nast

Bizcocho de naranja - A lovely moist Spanish cake flavored with orange and olive oil

3 large eggs
1 cup granulated sugar
1 cup freshly squeezed orange juice
1 tblsp orange zest
1/2 cup mild olive oil
2 cups unbleached flour
1 tblsp baking powder

Grease and flour an 8" fluted bundt cake pan. Preheat the oven to 350 F.
In a bowl beat the eggs with an electric mizer. Gradually beat in sugar, then - in order - orange juice, zest, oil, flour, then baking powder.
Bake for 45 or until done.
"If I owned Goodwill, no charity worker would feel safe.  I would sit in my office behind a massive pile of cocaine, racking my pistol's slide every time the cleaning lady came near.  Auditors, I'd just shoot."

Adios

Ingredients:
hamburger
chopped onions
mint
minced garlic
worchestershire sauce
red wine
seasoned salt
cilantro

Mix all together in a bowl. Patty burgers and cook.

Adios

You will need a large skillet with a lid.
1 pound of good steak.
1 lime.
butter
14.5 oz can of stewed tomatoes
fajita seasoning
i box rice a roni spanish rice
sweet bell peppers
pepper jack cheese
sour cream

Double the amount of butter on the box and halve the water.

Cut steak into small thin squares. Chop peppers. Add Rice mix, meat and peppers to hot melted butter in skillet. Stirring ofter brown rice. Add undrained stewed tomatoes and 1 cup water. Bring to a boil then reduce heat and simmer whole covered until water is gone.

Spoon on plate. Squeeze lime over the rice. Top with grated pepper jack cheese and sour cream.

Taste before putting any other sauce on as you may be very pleasantly surprised.

Adios

Spicy chicken breast.

Rub with jalapeno jelly. Season with sea salt, oregano, cilantro, basil and a slight touch of crushed mint. Place in oven safe dish. Add worchestershire sauce. Chop green onions and sprinkle over chicken. Bake at 350 for 45 minutes or 160 degrees. Serve on a bed of garlic brown skillet rice.

Enjoy.

Nurse Enabler

Quote from: Mistress Freeky, HRN on August 31, 2010, 05:10:11 AM
Freeky and I will be compiling your recipes in a cookbook, the profits (if any) will go to support the monthly costs of PD. Any recipe entered will be considered as approved for publication with credits issued/

Hi freeky! I will have to look at my recipes to send you soon.
Tell me you love me.  Don't make me get the box cutters.

Freeky

Quote from: Nurse Enabler on September 02, 2010, 05:37:01 PM

:wave:  I look forward to them!

Cardinal Pizza Deliverance.

Will all the contributors get a little credit? :P Will there be a warning label on the front of the book? "Do not try at home without fire extinguisher?" :P
Weevil-Infested Badfun Wrongsex Referee From The 9th Earth
Slick and Deranged Wombat of Manhood Questioning
Hulking Dormouse of Lust and DESPAIR™
Gatling Geyser of Rainbow AIDS

"The only way we can ever change anything is to look in the mirror and find no enemy." - Akala  'Find No Enemy'.

Nurse Enabler

Quote from: Mistress Freeky, HRN on September 02, 2010, 07:17:50 PM
Quote from: Nurse Enabler on September 02, 2010, 05:37:01 PM

:wave:  I look forward to them!
This one is Sandra's Mandarin Orange Jello Recipe.
You need:2-packets of sugar free orange jello
              24 OZ. canned mandarin oranges, drained and save the juice
              3/4 cup boiling water
               8OZ. frozen cool whip, chopped

steps:1.disolve 2-packets jello in 2 cups boiling water.
          2.add mandarin orange juice.
          3.stir in chopped frozen cool whip, put in fridge for 1/2 hour.
          4.stir in mandarin oranges and put back in fridge.
          5. serve when set.

Perhaps tomorrow another one. Till then have a smiley day.
Tell me you love me.  Don't make me get the box cutters.

Bella

Chile Rellenos Burritos

4 roasted, peeled and seeded poblano or Anaheim chiles
(fresh chiles are best, but you can use canned)
4 fairly thick slices of pepper jack or mexican cheese.
1/2 cup flour
3-4 eggs separated (# of eggs depends on their size)
olive or canola oil
salt and pepper to taste

1 box rice-a-roni spanish rice or homemade mexican rice (see recipe below)

1 can refried beans

4 large flour tortillas

Prepare batter
whip egg whites until stiff. Slowly fold in yolks and a pinch of salt.

Cook chiles
Slit open each chile and insert one slice of cheese. Make sure you leave enough room that the edges of the chile will still close. One at a time, roll the chiles in flour, dip them into the batter and then into the hot oil. Cook until batter is a crisp golden brown. Remove chiles from the oil and drain on paper towels.

Prepare burritos
Spoon a layer of refried beans onto each tortilla, top with one of the stuffed chiles, cover with a layer of the rice, fold into burrito shape, heat in 350 degree oven for ten minutes. Serve with salsa, guacamole, sour cream, etc. 

Mexican Rice

You will need:
1 cup long grained Rice
3 tablespoons Oil
1/2 Onion, diced small
1 1/2 teaspoon Salt
1/4 teaspoon Chili Powder
2 1/4 cups Water or canned Chicken Broth

Saute the onion and rice together in oil until the rice is dark golden brown and you can see through the onions. You'll need to stand there and stir this pretty much constantly. Add water or chicken broth, chili powder, and salt. If you love cumin, add some of that, too. Reduce heat, put a lid on it, and wait until the rice is fluffy and and ready to eat - approx 10-15 mins.

just like in a dream
you'll open your mouth to scream
and you won't make a sound

you can't believe your eyes
you can't believe your ears
you can't believe your friends
you can't believe you're here

Triple Zero

000's Pasta Carbonara

I believe this is not the traditional Carbonara, which among other things doesn't use cream or milk. But it's the way I like to eat it, and the cream/milk helps so the egg doesn't solidify into curdley bits as quickly.

The recipe may seem long, but it's extremely simple, I'm just describing all the little technique bits that I found make a "theoretically carbonara" into an "awesome carbonara".

What you need:

- diced bacon
- one big onion, finely diced
- cream or whole milk
- 1 or 2 eggs
- black pepper
- cheese. I use a cheap aged Gouda, but use whatever melty cheese you like, that is not crappy.
- pasta, traditionally spaghetti is used, but I prefer the helix shaped pasta which combines the large surface area to make sauce stick with ease of eating.
- (optional) a bit of homemade (chicken) stock, if it's not homemade don't bother with powder or cubes, I was aiming for the added smoothness of rendered collagen and gelatin here. Had it in the fridge anyway.
- (optional) sambal ulek  (red chilli paste)
- (optional) garlic, chopped or crushed. A friend of mine told me that traditional Italian dishes use either onion or garlic, but not both. I guess it's up to you. You can also use just garlic and no onion, although that would make the meal rather low on vegetables.
- (optional) a teaspoon of leftover bacon grease, if you happen to have it

How to prepare:

I prefer to use a sauteuse, a frying pan with high, sloping sides that are slightly curved. I sort of timed the recipe so things are ready to be added at the right time.

Fill your electric waterboiler with water.

Start with frying the bacon on medium/high fire, if it's not very much bacon or not very fat, add the optional leftover bacon grease.

Put pasta in a pan, add salt (you can use quite a lot).

Now chop the onions and the optional garlic.

Turn on the waterboiler. Continue with the recipe, but when it boils later on, turn the fire under the pasta pan up high and add the water. Stir a littlebit. Cover with lid but leave a small gap open. Turn the fire lowest. Set a timer for 8 minutes.

Whisk the eggs with the cream/milk and black pepper in a small bowl until it's smooth. Set aside.

Add the onions to the pan on a medium/low fire. This is also when you add the optional sambal. Optional garlic goes in a littlebit later as it might burn.

Cube or grate or chop the cheese and set it aside.

If the onions start to look a littlebit dry, that is when you add a few tablespoons of stock, or if you don't have it, pasta water. Just a few spoons though, most of it should evaporate.

When the timer has 3 minutes left, add the cheese and stir until everything is melted.

Add a few spoons of hot pasta water to the egg-mixture and stir. This is called "tempering", makes the egg-mixture a bit warmer but not enough to coagulate.

When the timer goes off, the pasta should be nearly done. Throw the water down the drain and put the pasta in the frying pan.

Now comes the crucial part. Turn up the fire high and stir a bit. Turn the fire all the way down low, and add the egg mixture. Stir. Turn the fire off completely and keep stirring. The important part is that the egg will coagulate, but you cannot allow it to become curdled, the sauce should remain smooth. Keep stirring. If the mixture stays too liquid, turn on the fire again to low (not high!) and keep stirring. When it becomes creamier, turn the fire off again, and keep stirring. Keep stirring and adding the occasional heat until the sauce is nice and smooth and thick and creamy.

Serve immediately.
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

BadBeast

Take half a dozen nice big bananas, and peel them.
put each one on enough foil to make a pocket.
sprinkle 1 desert spoonful of demerara sugar on each banana.
Add a little cinnamon to each.
Then add 2 tablespoons of brandy to each banana, loosely seal the foil pockets,
whack them in the oven for 20-25 minutes, at 200c.
and serve with double cream.

Repeat as necessary.
"We need a plane for Bombing, Strafing, Assault and Battery, Interception, Ground Support, and Reconaissance,
NOT JUST A "FAIR WEATHER FIGHTER"!

"I kinda like him. It's like he sees inside my soul" ~ Nigel

Whoever puts their hand on me to govern me, is a usurper, and a tyrant, and I declare them my enemy!

"And when the clouds obscure the moon, and normal service is resumed. It wont. Mean. A. Thing"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zpkCJDYxH-4