News:

Testimonial: "It's just honestly sad that a place like this exists"

Main Menu

Weapon X

Started by Triple Zero, June 12, 2011, 03:41:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dimocritus

Damn, that chilli was close to perfection. The flavors were on point, and the heat was almost just the right level. I think we could have added a 5th shot of weapon X, though. So glad I grabbed a doggie bag to bring home.

And then the cake and brownies, oh god, I didn't move for like three hours.
HOUSE OF GABCab ~ "caecus plumbum caecus"

leln

Quote from: Dimocritus on September 05, 2011, 03:09:26 PM
Damn, that chilli was close to perfection. The flavors were on point, and the heat was almost just the right level. I think we could have added a 5th shot of weapon X, though. So glad I grabbed a doggie bag to bring home.

I agree, the chili was freaking amazing, and more Weapon X wouldn't have been amiss. I wish I had taken a doggie bag too, I bet the stuff becomes even more awesome after the flavors have mingled for a day or so.

I'm almost disappointed that I'm not experiencing intense gastrointestinal distress after three helpings of the chili, but maybe that means that my clan's iron stomach manifests only when most needed. Have we heard from Richter or Luna today?

By the by, how were the rocky road brownies? I just made another batch for the staff room to kill the remaining chopped pecans. I'll probably never make them again after the success of the s'mores-stuffed brownies, but I'm curious if that recipe seems worthwhile at all.
[initially a "Rabid Wombat of the Eastern Intertubes." Now the] Glorious Peoples' Revolutionary Wombat of Wrath and Righteous Retribution.

"If you speak out of turn again, I will unscrew your neckpipe and use the resulting hole for my lavatory.  And I have one fuck of a case of the squirts today."

Luna

Quote from: leln on September 05, 2011, 08:30:38 PM
Quote from: Dimocritus on September 05, 2011, 03:09:26 PM

I agree, the chili was freaking amazing, and more Weapon X wouldn't have been amiss. I wish I had taken a doggie bag too, I bet the stuff becomes even more awesome after the flavors have mingled for a day or so.

I'm almost disappointed that I'm not experiencing intense gastrointestinal distress after three helpings of the chili, but maybe that means that my clan's iron stomach manifests only when most needed. Have we heard from Richter or Luna today?

By the by, how were the rocky road brownies? I just made another batch for the staff room to kill the remaining chopped pecans. I'll probably never make them again after the success of the s'mores-stuffed brownies, but I'm curious if that recipe seems worthwhile at all.

Checking in, no issues at all, and I had a BIG bowl of the stuff...  Never can tell.

The rocky road brownies were awesome.  The s'mores stuffed brownies were, IMHO, better, but there's nothing wrong at all with the rocky road ones.
Death-dealing hormone freak of deliciousness
Pagan-Stomping Valkyrie of the Interbutts™
Rampaging Slayer of Shit-Fountain Habitues

"My father says that almost the whole world is asleep. Everybody you know, everybody you see, everybody you talk to. He says that only a few people are awake, and they live in a state of constant, total amazement."

Quote from: The Payne on November 16, 2011, 07:08:55 PM
If Luna was a furry, she'd sex humans and scream "BEASTIALITY!" at the top of her lungs at inopportune times.

Quote from: Nigel on March 24, 2011, 01:54:48 AM
I like the Luna one. She is a good one.

"Stop talking to yourself.  You don't like you any better than anyone else who knows you."

leln

Quote from: Luna on September 05, 2011, 10:58:19 PM

Checking in, no issues at all, and I had a BIG bowl of the stuff...  Never can tell.

The rocky road brownies were awesome.  The s'mores stuffed brownies were, IMHO, better, but there's nothing wrong at all with the rocky road ones.

Good to know  :D. I just sliced up the rocky road batch destined for work, and trust me, they're yummier when still warm and gooey from the oven. As you say though, the s'mores stuffed version was better. Argh, too many tasty brownie varieties, too few calories per day.
[initially a "Rabid Wombat of the Eastern Intertubes." Now the] Glorious Peoples' Revolutionary Wombat of Wrath and Righteous Retribution.

"If you speak out of turn again, I will unscrew your neckpipe and use the resulting hole for my lavatory.  And I have one fuck of a case of the squirts today."

Luna

I have heard from Richter today, so, no casualties, and nobody exploded.

We're going to have to try again sometime soon, that was a blast.

"My father says that almost the whole world is asleep. Everybody you know, everybody you see, everybody you talk to. He says that only a few people are awake, and they live in a state of constant, total amazement."

If Luna was a furry, she'd sex humans and scream "BEASTIALITY!" at the top of her lungs at inopportune times.

"Stop talking to yourself.  You don't like you any better than anyone else who knows you."

leln

Quote from: Luna on September 05, 2011, 11:24:24 PM
I have heard from Richter today, so, no casualties, and nobody exploded.

We're going to have to try again sometime soon, that was a blast.

I'm actually a bit disappointed nobody exploded. 'Cause 80 miles away or not, I doubt Suu would have been able to dodge our collective blast radius. A little spaggotry runs a long way in the right environment.

In all seriousness though, I agree that we need to do that again. Despite the hour or two we all spent in a food coma, it was a lot of fun. Though to be fair I suppose the food coma part was fun too, it just lacked the energy of our other interactions.

Richter

Leln = Culinary GENIUS.  She produced a splendid assortment of brownies.  Rocky Road, S'More, and Stuffed S'More.  All three were great but her S'More variants were beyond what anyone reasonably expects of a brownie.  Seriously, this is more like a gourmet fudge. She is also our official wuss detector.  After downing a shot of weapon X without blinking, we had to acknowledge her advice and dose ALL the chili.

Luna brought  cornbread (VITAL), a fine spice cake with white frosting, and provided necessary backup to all Science! that occured (such as the chili being set on fire for kicks)

Both are Doktor and Nurse in their own rights.

Dimo came too, and was as ever energetic and personable.  He was a willing test subject too all concoctions, and we were never at a want for something interesting to discuss.  Next time he must be given access to the lab sooner to perpetrate things, should he wish.

..and yeah, I made chili.

SO I have record this is what I did:
The day before, I browned 1/2 pund gtround beef, One pund ground pork, and one pound of chicken sausage (tomato basil flavor).  I added 2 packets of sazon (One of the secrets of good Latin cooking), chili powder, and cumin freely.  Adobo, oregano, black pepper, green habenero sauce, and "Beware" hot sauce from Belize sparingly
I added 8 oz. of tomato sauce (plain, no spices), 8 oz. of water, and about 12 ox. of chopped tex/mex tomato.

I let it sit in the fridge overnight.
The next day I added 5 oz. of the Weapon X liquor, a can of black beans, a can of red beans, a can of fire roast diced tomatoes with garlic (the shit.), more adobo to taste, and let it cook slowly for another hour or two.

Served with cornbread, cheese and sour cream as people wished.

Then we all fell asleep watching "13th Warrior"
Quote from: Eater of Clowns on May 22, 2015, 03:00:53 AM
Anyone ever think about how Richter inhabits the same reality as you and just scream and scream and scream, but in a good way?   :lulz:

Friendly Neighborhood Mentat

Luna

I saw him with the Weapon X.  I heard the phrase, "I wonder if this stuff will ignite?"

Is it a good sign or a bad one that I neither grabbed the fire extinguisher nor dove for cover, but spun around to be sure I didn't miss the SCIENCE! which was about to be applied?  (For the record, Weapon X goes up beautifully.)

Kurt Christ

Quote from: Richter on August 30, 2011, 01:41:15 AM
Krupnikas:

OK, here we go.

Ingedients:

1 bottle Everclear, 750 ml  (You can also use vodka.  If you wanted, and like the burning sensation of alcoholism less than I do.)
2 tsp caraway seeds
10 whole cloves
4 Sticks cinamon
2 whole vanilla beans
2 pieces yellow ginger (or 2 tsp. Tumeric)
2 pieces white ginger (feel free to double this. at least.  We usually use a good 3-4 cm long chunk)
10 cardamom seeds cracked open
1/2 a nutmeg nut crushed
3 strips orange rind (just skin a whole one.)
3 strips lemon rind (just skin a whole one.)
1 pinch saffron (for color. optional)
4 cups water
2 lbs. honey
1-3 chinese dried hot peppers (optional, for more heat. The versions Tripple Zero and Torte tried had this.)

Procedure:
1. combine all spices and 4 cups water. Boil until it's reduced down to 2 cups
2. put the honey into a pot (same as the spice or different, whatever), and CAREFULLY heat it until it just starts to simmer or boil. As it boils, a white foam will develop. Skim it off an discard. DO this for 5-10 min., or until not much new foam is coming up. Don't sweat it if it's never totally done.
3. add the boiled down spice-water to the honey, mix well over VERY low heat.
4. CAREFULLY add the everclear to the still warm spice water + honey mix. I'm serious, there is mad science BOOM potential here. Take it off heat and away from potential ignition sources first, or you'll discover you're playing with sweet spicy napalm.
5. Once combined, heat on VERY low heat for 10-15 min covered. DO not even let it simmer, you'll just loose alcohol.
6. Remove from heat and let sit overnight, covered, then pour into bottles / jars / whatever.
7. Crap will settle out of it. After 2 weeks, pour off the clarified liquor, and filter the crap through coffee filters. Put back in bottles and let it settle again. Repeat filtering until it's clear of all crap.
8. Leave it alone for awhile to age.  After a month it will be ready. Time will make it better and more mellow, even after all the sediment crap is removed. It should be VERY clear. 6 month old stuff is what you had of mine. 1 year old stuff is suppose to be the nectar of the gods, if you can leave it alone that long...
What temperature should it be stored at while letting it settle and age?
Formerly known as the Space Pope (then I was excommunicated), Father Kurt Christ (I was deemed unfit to raise children, spiritual or otherwise), and Vartox (the speedo was starting to chafe)

Luna

Quote from: Kurt Christ on September 10, 2011, 10:02:18 PM
Quote from: Richter on August 30, 2011, 01:41:15 AM
Krupnikas:

OK, here we go.

Ingedients:

1 bottle Everclear, 750 ml  (You can also use vodka.  If you wanted, and like the burning sensation of alcoholism less than I do.)
2 tsp caraway seeds
10 whole cloves
4 Sticks cinamon
2 whole vanilla beans
2 pieces yellow ginger (or 2 tsp. Tumeric)
2 pieces white ginger (feel free to double this. at least.  We usually use a good 3-4 cm long chunk)
10 cardamom seeds cracked open
1/2 a nutmeg nut crushed
3 strips orange rind (just skin a whole one.)
3 strips lemon rind (just skin a whole one.)
1 pinch saffron (for color. optional)
4 cups water
2 lbs. honey
1-3 chinese dried hot peppers (optional, for more heat. The versions Tripple Zero and Torte tried had this.)

Procedure:
1. combine all spices and 4 cups water. Boil until it's reduced down to 2 cups
2. put the honey into a pot (same as the spice or different, whatever), and CAREFULLY heat it until it just starts to simmer or boil. As it boils, a white foam will develop. Skim it off an discard. DO this for 5-10 min., or until not much new foam is coming up. Don't sweat it if it's never totally done.
3. add the boiled down spice-water to the honey, mix well over VERY low heat.
4. CAREFULLY add the everclear to the still warm spice water + honey mix. I'm serious, there is mad science BOOM potential here. Take it off heat and away from potential ignition sources first, or you'll discover you're playing with sweet spicy napalm.
5. Once combined, heat on VERY low heat for 10-15 min covered. DO not even let it simmer, you'll just loose alcohol.
6. Remove from heat and let sit overnight, covered, then pour into bottles / jars / whatever.
7. Crap will settle out of it. After 2 weeks, pour off the clarified liquor, and filter the crap through coffee filters. Put back in bottles and let it settle again. Repeat filtering until it's clear of all crap.
8. Leave it alone for awhile to age.  After a month it will be ready. Time will make it better and more mellow, even after all the sediment crap is removed. It should be VERY clear. 6 month old stuff is what you had of mine. 1 year old stuff is suppose to be the nectar of the gods, if you can leave it alone that long...
What temperature should it be stored at while letting it settle and age?

Room temperature, not too hot, not too cold. 

Jenne

You lit the chili on FIRE?  :lol:  Awesome.  Did anyone get pix?

Luna

Quote from: Jenne on September 12, 2011, 10:06:40 PM
You lit the chili on FIRE?  :lol:  Awesome.  Did anyone get pix?

Sadly, there was no time between "I wonder if this will ignite" and the "whoosh."

Next time I'm in the kitchen when Richter is cooking, I will keep a camera on hand.

Suu

Okay, I don't know how many meals I have cooked with Richter in which there is photographic evidence involved, so...just sayin'...always ALWAYS have camera!
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Reginald Ret

I've made a simple version of this, I think I did something wrong.

I made two concentrates and am currently working on finding the perfect balance.

Ingredients:
1 bottle of vodka.
100 grams of red habanero peppers
4 whole cinnamon sticks.

The first concentrate is just the whole peppers with a dash of vodka in a blender and let the vodka extract the oils overnight.
The second concentrate is the cinnamon sticks covered with vodka and let is steep overnight.

I lost my patience after about 1 hour and poured about 1 shot of the only partially cinnamoned vodka, it smells very cinnamony.
the pepper mush has the structure of a very thick tomato sauce, i took a teaspoon of that and squeezed it through a piece of kitchen paper. This was really stupid of me because A I did that using my bare hands, and B pushing such a thick mush through paper tends to tear the paper. Suffice it to say the resulting shot is not exactly clear.

I rub my eyes a lot so I took the precaution of licking my fingers clean. I started sweating quite a bit.
The drink was worse, i've mixed it 4 hours ago and i've only managed to drink about 1/15th of it. This is going to be a long night.
I'm slightly tempted to just knock it back, but then there is the chance it will get in my eyes the long way around: through my digestive system and blood circulation.

I was planning to use the remaining vodka to dilute it until it is drinkable, but this is more fun!
Lord Byron: "Those who will not reason, are bigots, those who cannot, are fools, and those who dare not, are slaves."

Nigel saying the wisest words ever uttered: "It's just a suffix."

"The worst forum ever" "The most mediocre forum on the internet" "The dumbest forum on the internet" "The most retarded forum on the internet" "The lamest forum on the internet" "The coolest forum on the internet"

Richter

Spices behave WEIRD in alcohol - you get more of the basic flavor pulled out, and so cinamon can easily overpower a lot.  It's like drinking the cinamon challenge.

The recipe I posted may be pretty involved, but it does blance the flavors decently, and adds the sweet so you don't regret it AS much. 

Good luck, keep experimenting, and please tell us what you find!
Quote from: Eater of Clowns on May 22, 2015, 03:00:53 AM
Anyone ever think about how Richter inhabits the same reality as you and just scream and scream and scream, but in a good way?   :lulz:

Friendly Neighborhood Mentat