News:

Hand drawn by monkeys in sweat-shop conditions.

Main Menu

Are Hotdog Buns Still Forbidden?

Started by Hollis Increase, April 08, 2012, 10:48:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doktor Howl

Quote from: LuciferX on April 09, 2012, 08:44:34 PM
Quote from: What's-His-Name? on April 09, 2012, 01:07:03 PM
...  Granted hotdog buns do make great vessels for a great many foods....
Practice this and the way in you will be.  :fnord:

Could we have that again, but coherently this time?
Molon Lube

minuspace

Quote from: Doktor Howl on April 09, 2012, 08:45:51 PM

... but coherently...
Pass the duct tape...

Doktor Howl

Quote from: LuciferX on April 09, 2012, 08:57:09 PM
Quote from: Doktor Howl on April 09, 2012, 08:45:51 PM

... but coherently...
Pass the duct tape...

Right, then.  Post nonsense.  It's all you're good for.
Molon Lube

AFK

Are you a sour kraut? 
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

navkat

This thread lost me. Hot dogs, people. It's mechanically masticated meat-product with a crispy skin and mustard and sour kraut. No matter how you do it, you still look like a ridiculous white guy putting a peen in his mouf.

minuspace

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Eater of Clowns on April 09, 2012, 01:46:13 PM
Principia scholars suggest that the ban from hot dog buns arises not out of scorn for dietary restrictions of other religions but true distaste for the state of hot dog consumption in society on the part of Mal2.  An ongoing debate surrounds that line, one of the many contradictory and vague Discordian tenets.  It is theorized that one side notes a lack of creativity in the time the work was written when it comes to hot dogs as a food, their dressing limited to classic mustard, relish, and ketchup.  The hot dog bun is generally an enriched white flour good that adds little flavor or creative capability to the act of eating a hot dog.  Mal2 was far ahead of his time in noting that a sturdier bun, such as that used to contain sub sandwiches, or even grinders or hoagies, allowed for greater addition of toppings for the classic hot dog.

Some go so far as to believe Mal2 was actually an adherent to the revolutionary hot dog movement of his time, a rather unknown collective made up of hot dog enthusiasts ranging from the most well known chefs to street corner vendors looking for the next step.  Julia Child was also believed to be a part of this.  If that's the case, it's actually amazing the impact that he had on the world of hot dogs.  While the classic hot dog is still our cultural archetype for the food, many a specialty store are serving them on sturdier buns with toppings unfathomable in his day.  I've even read of places which split the dog in half and then grill the inside, which is mind boggling even for my modern standards of hot dogs.

Still, a fervent debate rages over whether or not Mal2 was indeed making a commentary on the state of food in the nation, a timely remark well before such thinking became prevalent and necessary for our continued survival.  Historically flour was eaten by peasants and common people in its whole grain form, healthier but less decadent than the white flour we see so often today.  White flour was expensive and only affordable by nobility and royalty.  With the advent of new techniques white flour became the standard in bread making, thus robbing many a people of the nutrition found in its whole wheat counterpart.  "Enriching" white flour with vitamins to make it healthier has done little to mimic the benefits of naturally occurring wheat flour nutrients.  Mal2, being the prescient mind he was, saw this as the conspiracy of depriving the masses of much vitamins for healthy minds on the part of those in power seeking to more easily manipulate them.  Rather than complicate his statement with the proclamation to not eat any white flour based products or to consume only whole wheat, he decided in his wisdom to disavow only a part, to offer only a hint of what more lie beneath the surface - much like the Principia Discordia itself.

Yet others think it's total bullshit.

:lulz: Pure win.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: navkat on April 09, 2012, 09:39:11 PM
This thread lost me. Hot dogs, people. It's mechanically masticated meat-product with a crispy skin and mustard and sour kraut. No matter how you do it, you still look like a ridiculous white guy putting a peen in his mouf.

Not me.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

AFK

Quote from: LuciferX on April 09, 2012, 11:01:19 PM
Too much...  Beef..

Try Turkey Dogs.  Much better for your figure. 
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

Anna Mae Bollocks

I THINK THE UK HAS OUT-AMERICA-ED US

Pretty soon they'll have back boobs and mega colon. WAKE UP, AMERICA!
Scantily-Clad Inspector of Gigantic and Unnecessary Cashews, Texas Division

Q. G. Pennyworth

I never hot dog buns, but that's because I'm a lazy bastard and the bread is right there.

Nephew Twiddleton

I sont often eat hot dogs in buns because hot dog buns come in an eight pack while hot dogs come in a twelve. Im not going to eat enough hot dogs in buns before the expiration date to make that even out for one purchase.
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

Lenin McCarthy

I rarely have hot dog buns. Like all good Norwegians do I eat my hot dogs with lefse.

navkat

You are all either small children or LIARS.

:horrormirth:

Anna Mae Bollocks

Not eating hot dogs means no buns.

I used to eat them...I liked chili dogs. But the hot dog buns held together about as good as a wet paper sack so I started using sub rolls.
Scantily-Clad Inspector of Gigantic and Unnecessary Cashews, Texas Division