News:

PD.com: Where we throw rocks at your sacred cows

Main Menu

Drinkin fancy

Started by Sir Squid Diddimus, February 14, 2013, 02:56:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sir Squid Diddimus

Post your awesome recipes or some good ol classics here.
I'll start:

Got some Bombay Sapphire layin around? What in the hell are you supposed to do with THAT?!?
Simple. The only way to make it drinkable is to infuse it with earl grey tea. Yup, stick this shit in a jar with some EG tea bags and leave it alone overnight or longer. Result? Drinkable Bombay Sapphire!

English Garden

1+1/2 jigger tea infused gin
3/4 jigger St Germaine's elderflower liqueur
1 jigger (or so) San Pellegrino lemon soda
squeaze of fresh lime juice
2 drops rose water
2 slices cucumber

In a shaker with ice combine all booze, juice and one slice cucumber. Shake it like the hysterical woman from Airplane! then strain into a tom collins glass over ice. Top off with soda and garnish with the other cuke slice.
Drink that shit through a straw or jam a funnel in your ass and buttchug it for maximum boozohol blackout!
FUCK go crazy! Add a dash of BITTERS if you want! PARTYYYYYYYYYY!

Sir Squid Diddimus

In a jar, layer some cucumber slices with rose petals and cheap gin. I noticed that New Amsterdam works best for this because it doesn't have a strong alcohol flavor and subtle juniper.
Leave this shit alone for a few days to a week and then strain through cheesecloth and squeeze it out real good. Don't waste any of this shit cause the roses will soak up your booze.

2 oz cucumber rose gin
¾ oz lime juice
¾ oz simple syrup
3 drops rose water
3 drops Angostura bitters (or my homemade shit, bitches)
3 slices cucumber
some mint sprigs.

Muddle the cucumber with a tiny pinch of salt.  Slap the mint like a bitch, to release the oils just a bit.  Add the rest of the ingredients and let everything sit for like 30 seconds or so.  Shake with ice, then strain into a chilled coupe glass.
To garnish, float a mint leaf with 1 drop of rose water on it, and add a couple drops of bitters on the surface of the drink. That shit smells good when you sip it.
Then it's time to dance like a white girl.

Sir Squid Diddimus

Swamp Juice

2 jigger Pims No. 1
1 jigger Aperol
Cheerwine
dash bitters

Mix booze with ice, pour into tall glass w/ ice, top with soda
Guzzle and fight

Pope Pixie Pickle

Quote from: Sir Squid Diddimus on February 14, 2013, 03:13:38 AM
In a jar, layer some cucumber slices with rose petals and cheap gin. I noticed that New Amsterdam works best for this because it doesn't have a strong alcohol flavor and subtle juniper.
Leave this shit alone for a few days to a week and then strain through cheesecloth and squeeze it out real good. Don't waste any of this shit cause the roses will soak up your booze.

2 oz cucumber rose gin
¾ oz lime juice
¾ oz simple syrup
3 drops rose water
3 drops Angostura bitters (or my homemade shit, bitches)
3 slices cucumber
some mint sprigs.

Muddle the cucumber with a tiny pinch of salt.  Slap the mint like a bitch, to release the oils just a bit.  Add the rest of the ingredients and let everything sit for like 30 seconds or so.  Shake with ice, then strain into a chilled coupe glass.
To garnish, float a mint leaf with 1 drop of rose water on it, and add a couple drops of bitters on the surface of the drink. That shit smells good when you sip it.
Then it's time to dance like a white girl.

I hate gin. Will infusing it with other shit make it less rank in general?

Sir Squid Diddimus

Yes.
It really changes everything.

Pope Pixie Pickle

Quote from: Sir Squid Diddimus on February 14, 2013, 04:29:02 AM
Yes.
It really changes everything.
I like pimms in the traditional English summer drinking style. If I ever end up with gin my accident Earl Grey or Rose and Cucumber sounds pleasant.

Cain

Single malt scotch of good reputation
Ice

The only fancy drink you will ever need.

LMNO

I want Squid to make me drinks.

When I'm making drinks at home, I tend to stay simple and traditional:

Put 6 oz of Death's Door gin in a shaker with as much ice as possible.  Let sit for a few minutes.

In a martini glass which has been in the freezer for 10 minutes, add a splash of white vermouth.  Swirl, then dump out into the sink.

Peel about an inch and a half of the rind off a lemon, the squeeze into the glass (skin side down, to release the oils), and rub around the rim.

Shake the gin viciously for 90 seconds, then strain into glass.

Too dry?  Try a Hearst:

2/3 gin
1/3 sweet (red) vermouth
dash bitters (preferrably orange (or homemade Squid bitters))

Place in shaker with ice, etc.

Another favorite is a Negroni:

1/3 gin
1/3 sweet (red) vermouth
1/3 Campari

as above, et al.

But when I go out, my default is a Sazerac:

Bitters
muddled sugar cube
Rye whiskey
dash of absinthe
twist of lemon

Sir Squid Diddimus

^all of that!! (except the sazarac cause I just can't stomach absinth no matter how hard I try)

The simple things are always perfect

Also:

1 part Hendrick's
1 part St Germaine's
white cranberry (which i can't find for the life of me WTH)
basil leaf

shake that shit, smack that leaf, drop it in and serve.

LMNO

There's part of me that doesn't want you to do that to Hendrick's.

Sir Squid Diddimus

I understand, because it is pretty perfect on it's own, but trust me.

Cainad (dec.)

I need to try all of these.

But at someone else's party or something. Right now I spend what I can on the occasional small bottle of Johnny Walker Black Label, both because of expense and because my tiny mini-fridge can't handle a proper variety of liquors.

Eater of Clowns

Quote from: Cain on February 14, 2013, 12:21:09 PM
Single malt scotch of good reputation
Ice

The only fancy drink you will ever need.

:crankey:
Quote from: Pippa Twiddleton on December 22, 2012, 01:06:36 AM
EoC, you are the bane of my existence.

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 07, 2014, 01:18:23 AM
EoC doesn't make creepy.

EoC makes creepy worse.

the afflicted persons get hold of and consume carrots even in socially quite unacceptable situations.

Sir Squid Diddimus

Quote from: Cainad on February 14, 2013, 05:48:53 PM

But at someone else's party or something. Right now I spend what I can on the occasional small bottle of Johnny Walker Black Label, both because of expense and because my tiny mini-fridge can't handle a proper variety of liquors.

You don't have to keep them refrigerated. 

Cainad (dec.)

Quote from: Sir Squid Diddimus on February 14, 2013, 07:27:53 PM
Quote from: Cainad on February 14, 2013, 05:48:53 PM

You don't have to keep them refrigerated.

Yeah, but I like 'em cold. Also I'm self-conscious about people seeing my room and thinking I'm a drunk. :oops: