News:

MysticWicks endorsement: ""Oooh, I'm a Discordian! I can do whatever I want! Which means I can just SAY I'm a pagan but I never bother doing rituals or studying any kind of sacred texts or developing a relationship with deity, etc! I can go around and not be Christian, but I won't quite be anything else either because I just can't commit and I can't be ARSED to commit!"

Main Menu

Red's Low Fat Cookery

Started by Red, March 17, 2014, 11:40:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Reginald Ret

Microwaves are good for boiling watery solutions, that is about it.
Lord Byron: "Those who will not reason, are bigots, those who cannot, are fools, and those who dare not, are slaves."

Nigel saying the wisest words ever uttered: "It's just a suffix."

"The worst forum ever" "The most mediocre forum on the internet" "The dumbest forum on the internet" "The most retarded forum on the internet" "The lamest forum on the internet" "The coolest forum on the internet"

LMNO

And defrosting frozen things
I use my mocrowave for three things:

- Defrosting
- Softening citrus for juicing (10 seconds on high)
- Telling time (there's a clock in the display)

Reginald Ret

Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on March 28, 2014, 05:54:51 PM
And defrosting frozen things
I use my mocrowave for three things:

- Defrosting
- Softening citrus for juicing (10 seconds on high)
- Telling time (there's a clock in the display)
I tend to fuck up the defrosting, but i am quite aware that is my failing, not the machine's. I tend to be impatient.
Lord Byron: "Those who will not reason, are bigots, those who cannot, are fools, and those who dare not, are slaves."

"The worst forum ever" "The most mediocre forum on the internet" "The dumbest forum on the internet" "The most retarded forum on the internet" "The lamest forum on the internet" "The coolest forum on the internet"

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: :regret: on March 28, 2014, 05:44:38 PM
Microwaves are good for boiling watery solutions, AND NOT FUCKING TGRR UP that is about it.

ftfy.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Anna Mae Bollocks

Microwaves are for when you're at a hotel or something and that's all there is.
Stella
Fanasizes about a kitchen with nothing newer than 1935 or so.

ETA: Well, maybe a refrigerator that doesn't require a giant ice cube. But EVERYTHING ON LEGS! So I can mop underneath without effort.
Scantily-Clad Inspector of Gigantic and Unnecessary Cashews, Texas Division

hooplala

I also use them to warm up leftovers the next day.
"Soon all of us will have special names" — Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
— Walt Whitman

Reginald Ret

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 28, 2014, 06:56:23 PM
Quote from: :regret: on March 28, 2014, 05:44:38 PM
Microwaves are good for boiling watery solutions, AND NOT FUCKING TGRR UP that is about it.

ftfy.
:lol:
Quote from: Hoopla on March 28, 2014, 07:45:47 PM
I also use them to warm up leftovers the next day.
Hmm, now that you mention it so do I.
Dammit, there goes my sense of smug superiority.

Junkenstein

Quote from: Regret on March 28, 2014, 05:44:38 PM

No.

Scrambled Egg.

Carry on.
Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

Reginald Ret

Quote from: Junkenstein on April 30, 2014, 03:04:58 PM

No.

Scrambled Egg.

Carry on.
YOUR EGG-MOLESTERY WILL NOT BE TOLERATED! AAAIIIIIIIIIEEEE!!!!!!

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Junkenstein on April 30, 2014, 03:04:58 PM

No.

Scrambled Egg.

Carry on.

This is a lie.  I have tried putting eggs in the microwave.  It ended badly.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Junkenstein

Remove shells first. Monitor closely.

I'm pretty sure I've got a SSOW procedure for this if required.
Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Junkenstein on April 30, 2014, 08:41:58 PM
Remove shells first.

It should say that on the shell, don't you think?

:tgrr:

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Microwaves can be great for poaching and steaming things, depending. There really is a skill to using them. I mostly use mine for reheating soup and warming up frozen vegetables, though.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Junkenstein

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on April 30, 2014, 08:47:57 PM
Quote from: Junkenstein on April 30, 2014, 08:41:58 PM
Remove shells first.

It should say that on the shell, don't you think?

:tgrr:

Yours don't? What kind of 4th world shithole are you lurking in?