News:

PD.com: We're not actually discordians

Main Menu

Lazy Broccoli and Pasta

Started by ñͤͣ̄ͦ̌̑͗͊͛͂͗ ̸̨̨̣̺̼̣̜͙͈͕̮̊̈́̈͂͛̽͊ͭ̓͆ͅé ̰̓̓́ͯ́́͞, November 21, 2014, 06:16:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ñͤͣ̄ͦ̌̑͗͊͛͂͗ ̸̨̨̣̺̼̣̜͙͈͕̮̊̈́̈͂͛̽͊ͭ̓͆ͅé ̰̓̓́ͯ́́͞

Ever since I read the thread about "what you're made of," I decided to eat more delicious things. But nothing that requires too much effort as my free time is very limited.

A few weeks ago I got home after work and there's no real food around except for half a box of penne, bread, and frozen broccoli. Now, I've been eating raw broccoli with just a vinaigrette on it for a while, but we were also out of all salad dressing period. (There's something about the bitterness that seems to work. Or I have a disgusting palate, I'm not entirely sure.) Anyway, we did have a bottle of regular-ass olive oil and balsamic vinegar which always good with bread, so I developed a plan.

I threw a ton of seasoning salt in the pasta water and then boiled the penne until taste tests proved the noodles perfectly delicious. I understand that this is the most critical part of any pasta dish, so at least I got that part right. While the pasta hung out in the colander for a second, I microwaved the broccoli for a few minutes and then threw the tremendous quantity of penne on top of it. Then I drizzled a ton of olive oil and balsamic vinegar on it, applied a liberal shaking of Montreal Steak Seasoning (which seems to be primarily coarse sea salt, coarse black pepper, and garlic), mixed it up a bit, and threw a few pieces of bread on there.

Yeah. It seems healthy, and is hella easy to make so I've been making this ridiculous little concoction just about every night. Sometimes swapping out the broccoli for half a bag of frozen brussels sprouts that I cut in half after microwaving to make sure they're hot.

Here's tonight's half-eaten masterpiece:

P E R   A S P E R A   A D   A S T R A