News:

Please take a stand against our terrible values

Main Menu

I'm not satisfied with the amout of caffeine in my Rockstar brand energy drink.

Started by #1Discordian, May 15, 2015, 03:48:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

#1Discordian

Only 80 mgs per serving? Why so few? I've seen other energy drinks with more, isn't being a "rockstar" about excess? Could it be they are counting on me buying multiple cans to make up for the paltry amount of caffeine? Is Rockstar simply falling behind it's competitors? Will we look back at Rockstar drinks five years from now as a company that just didn't have what it takes?

Doktor Howl

Quote from: #1Discordian on May 15, 2015, 03:48:56 AM
Only 80 mgs per serving? Why so few? I've seen other energy drinks with more, isn't being a "rockstar" about excess? Could it be they are counting on me buying multiple cans to make up for the paltry amount of caffeine? Is Rockstar simply falling behind it's competitors? Will we look back at Rockstar drinks five years from now as a company that just didn't have what it takes?

:sotw:
Molon Lube

Reginald Ret

I prefer guarana pills, less of a kick to your heart and the same amount of energy.
Lord Byron: "Those who will not reason, are bigots, those who cannot, are fools, and those who dare not, are slaves."

Nigel saying the wisest words ever uttered: "It's just a suffix."

"The worst forum ever" "The most mediocre forum on the internet" "The dumbest forum on the internet" "The most retarded forum on the internet" "The lamest forum on the internet" "The coolest forum on the internet"

Faust

Energy drinks are dog piss. If you want caffeine get it in a way that tastes good, a nice hot cup before going back into the trenches for the day.
Sleepless nights at the chateau

Demolition Squid

I love energy drinks. When I need a shot of anxious paranoia into my system, I accept no substitute.
Vast and Roaring Nipplebeast from the Dawn of Soho

Reginald Ret

Quote from: Demolition Squid on May 15, 2015, 10:57:52 AM
I love energy drinks. When I need a shot of anxious paranoia into my system, I accept no substitute.
I prefer Cola for that.
It is amplified because I have all this conditioning left over from when I was forced to give presentations.
Lord Byron: "Those who will not reason, are bigots, those who cannot, are fools, and those who dare not, are slaves."

"The worst forum ever" "The most mediocre forum on the internet" "The dumbest forum on the internet" "The most retarded forum on the internet" "The lamest forum on the internet" "The coolest forum on the internet"

MMIX

I'm not satisfied with the amount of Rockstar in my Rockstar brand energy drink.
"The ultimate hidden truth of the world is that it is something we make and could just as easily make differently" David Graeber

Dubya

Meh. Just wash down a few B complex megavitamins with a couple of sodas.

Ignore the heart palpitations and flushed skin, it passes quickly.

"Gold Medalist of the 2015 David Cameron Memorial Barnyard Olympics."

Reginald Ret

Quote from: Dubya on May 15, 2015, 04:51:58 PM

I have never had that with B complex vitamins, I guess I will have to try a mega dose.
What could possibly go wrong?!

Freeky

Quote from: Faust on May 15, 2015, 08:52:58 AM
Energy drinks are dog piss. If you want caffeine get it in a way that tastes good, a nice hot cup before going back into the trenches for the day.

The Punched ones are tasty, I think.  It's like Fruit Punch soda with stuff in it.

Dubya

Quote from: Reginald Ret on May 15, 2015, 05:45:04 PM
Quote from: Dubya on May 15, 2015, 04:51:58 PM

I have never had that with B complex vitamins, I guess I will have to try a mega dose.
What could possibly go wrong?!

I lived on that combo when I was in school. Pretty sure it was unhealthy, but mega doses of the b complex plus caffeine and some carbs was what let me carry 16 hours and hold down a full time job unloading trucks for fedex.

It also makes your urine smell weird.

Still better than energy drinks, though.
"Gold Medalist of the 2015 David Cameron Memorial Barnyard Olympics."

POFP

Caffeine puts me to sleep. I would go over to my friend's house and drink 2 Mountain Dews, 3 Dr. Peppers, and 2 Monsters (All in a 3 hour period) and fall asleep trying to drink the last can of whichever. I was told lack of reaction to stimulants like Caffeine could be caused by a strong resistance built up over time, or because of ADHD, which I've never been diagnosed with.

What I didn't know until a week ago was that caffeine drastically increases Cortisol levels, which helps determine blood-sugar levels. High Cortisol levels decrease blood sugar production, is the way I understood it. If you have low blood sugar issues (Maybe you haven't eaten in a few hours, but you feel like you're about to pass out and get light-headed), I bet any amount of caffeine could probably prevent the buzz from happening because you didn't have enough blood sugar for it in the first place. If I'm at work, and I didn't eat before-hand I better be drinking non-diuretic fluids or I pass out. Because of this, I assume I may have some low blood sugar issues.

The only things that can give me a burst of energy is a pair of tits, hard physical contact/trauma, or falling. Not even a fast and wild car-ride is enough to get my blood pumping when I'm tired.
This Certified Popeā„¢ reserves the Right to, on occasion, "be a complete dumbass", and otherwise ponder "idiotic" and/or "useless" ideas and other such "tomfoolery." [Aforementioned] are only responsible for the results of these actions and tendencies when they have had their addictive substance of choice for that day.

Being a Product of their Environment's Collective Order and Disorder, [Aforementioned] also reserves the Right to have their ideas, technologies, and otherwise all Intellectual Property stolen, re-purposed, and re-attributed at Will ONLY by other Certified Popes. Corporations, LLC's, and otherwise Capitalist-based organizations are NOT capable of being Certified Popes.

Battering Rams not included.