News:

if the thee off of you are revel in the fact you ds a discordant suck it's dick and praise it's agenda? guess what bit-chit's not. hat I in fact . do you really think it'd theshare about shit, hen you should indeed tare-take if the frontage that you're into. do you really think it's the hardcore shite of the left thy t? you're little f/cking girls parackind abbot in tituts. FUCK YOU. you're latecomers, and you 're folks who don't f/cking get it. plez challenge me.

Main Menu

What Does Everyone Eat for Breakfast?

Started by Nast, December 16, 2015, 04:16:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nast

I generally have a problem finding foods to eat for breakfast, since I am a freak of nature and dislike the conventional American fare (cereal, eggs, French toast). Usually I'll just end up having leftovers from last night's dinner, but my favorite things for breakfast are:

-Tea/hot chocolate
-Atole
-Miso soup
- Soup/curry

So, what do y'all usually have?

"If I owned Goodwill, no charity worker would feel safe.  I would sit in my office behind a massive pile of cocaine, racking my pistol's slide every time the cleaning lady came near.  Auditors, I'd just shoot."

Cain

I'm actually rather partial to a couple of slices of Ryvita, or else a yoghurt with some kind of granola.

minuspace

Chocolates, or anything that can boost my levels.  Papaya, mango, pineapple and grapefruit also sounds good, though I may not quite make a habit of it yet, because I would need to consume it first, etc.

Vanadium Gryllz

I eat a lot of cereal. Often with yoghurt/fruit added.
"I was fine until my skin came off.  I'm never going to South Attelboro again."

Faust

Special K the boring wholegrain stuff, a banana, two mandarins and tea. On work days I wait half an hour and then have some coffee.

I like the idea of having a big breakfast and smaller meals all through the day but some mornings I wake up feeling crappy and I find it hard to eat anything other then the coffee.
Sleepless nights at the chateau

Eater of Clowns

Two pieces of toast and a cup of black coffee. I honestly can't get enough of it.

Have you given savory oats a try? There was an oatmeal thread floating around the cooking subforum for a while.
Quote from: Pippa Twiddleton on December 22, 2012, 01:06:36 AM
EoC, you are the bane of my existence.

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 07, 2014, 01:18:23 AM
EoC doesn't make creepy.

EoC makes creepy worse.

the afflicted persons get hold of and consume carrots even in socially quite unacceptable situations.

Nast

Quote from: Cain on December 16, 2015, 04:23:17 AM
I'm actually rather partial to a couple of slices of Ryvita, or else a yoghurt with some kind of granola.

I had almost forgotten about Ryvita crackers! Yes, I like them a lot.

Quote from: Faust on December 16, 2015, 12:00:07 PM
Special K the boring wholegrain stuff, a banana, two mandarins and tea. On work days I wait half an hour and then have some coffee.

I like the idea of having a big breakfast and smaller meals all through the day but some mornings I wake up feeling crappy and I find it hard to eat anything other then the coffee.

I am all too familiar with feeling crappy in the morning and not wanting to eat anything. I'm actually not that much of a breakfast person and would just as well skip it, except that I know skipping it makes me me feel lousy later in the day.

Quote from: Eater of Clowns on December 16, 2015, 12:20:23 PM
Two pieces of toast and a cup of black coffee. I honestly can't get enough of it.

Have you given savory oats a try? There was an oatmeal thread floating around the cooking subforum for a while.

I'm interested in the idea of savory oatmeal, but I haven't gotten around to giving it a try. I'll search for that thread.
"If I owned Goodwill, no charity worker would feel safe.  I would sit in my office behind a massive pile of cocaine, racking my pistol's slide every time the cleaning lady came near.  Auditors, I'd just shoot."

Nast

I just remembered my favorite breakfast in the summertime, when tomatoes are actually edible: flatbread with olive oil and za'atar (it's a blend of mostly dried thyme and sesame seeds), feta cheese, and sliced tomatoes. Maybe some olives as well. And a cup of strong black tea. Oooh, yes.

Cainad (dec.)

I recently learned how to make congee (basically, cook rice, and then overcook it with a lot of water). It takes a while to make so it's probably best prepared the night before, but it's a nice alternative to oatmeal.

The Good Reverend Roger

Right now?  A bowl of porridge and 2 cups of coffee.

" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

minuspace

Oh, and forget whole eggs (maybe whites???) in the morning.  They seem to make me groggy and tired.  Actually, strike most dairy, due to the gas.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Three to six pieces of bacon and two slices of buttered sourdough, with three cups of tea with milk and sugar.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Alternately, a bowl of mayonnaise with two fried eggs.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Nast

Vanadium Gryllz

Quote from: Nast on December 16, 2015, 10:28:37 PM
I just remembered my favorite breakfast in the summertime, when tomatoes are actually edible: flatbread with olive oil and za'atar (it's a blend of mostly dried thyme and sesame seeds), feta cheese, and sliced tomatoes. Maybe some olives as well. And a cup of strong black tea. Oooh, yes.

Sounds good!

I just remembered a breakfast I occasionally had as a student:

Croissants cut in half and stuffed with a broken up Cadbury creme egg and then microwaved for ~20s.
"I was fine until my skin came off.  I'm never going to South Attelboro again."