News:

Oceana has always been at war with Iraq

Main Menu

What Does Everyone Eat for Breakfast?

Started by Nast, December 16, 2015, 04:16:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

minuspace

If it's before 11am, warm milk may be added to coffee.  Took so long to appreciate the alchemy bringing forth that roasted barley flavor.

LMNO

I'm usually out the door before 7, so it's coffee (iced, even in winter - welcome to New England), and maybe a cereal bar.  around 10, I'll have a hard boiled egg.  Everything else is essentially brunch or lunch, so it doesn't count.

If someone brings a stack of bagels into work, I may have one of those.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Nast on December 18, 2015, 06:30:37 AM
Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on December 18, 2015, 06:06:48 AM
Alternately, a bowl of mayonnaise with two fried eggs.

What? No. Surely you jest.

Why? It has plenty of fat and protein to fuel me through the morning.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

LMNO

To be fair, isn't that just two fried eggs, an egg yolk or two, lemon juice, and oil?

So, like, a plate of scrambled eggs and butter with some vitamin C. Just in different forms. Completely understandable.

The Wizard Joseph

Lately it's been far too much convenience food from a rather awesome gas station chain here in LaX. It's been much pancake& sausage on a stick and/or croissant, egg, sausage, and cheese sandwiches with Sirracha ketchup, jalapeño relish, and mayo, sometimes an omelet on a bagel with similar condiments. Much free coffee from work too. My shift starts around 1130am and I often come in up to an hour early to acclimate myself and drink the unlimited coffee made available.

It's been a good year for breakfast, bad year for my waistline. When I first took the job it was A LOT of hard, fast labor and like 7+ miles (usually much more) of walking around the hospital. Now I drive a truck and do mostly wash&dry processing in the evening in the facility building. This requires a lot of strength and coordination, but the cardio isn't there and it shows.
You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."
- Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality :lulz:

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

"It's not even chaos anymore. It's BANAL."
- Doktor Hamish Howl

Nast

Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on December 19, 2015, 03:09:25 AM

That is sensible enough. My shock is from never having heard of a person with the gastronomical fortitude to consume a bowl of mayonnaise. It seems very rich. But I suppose it also depends on the size of the bowl.
"If I owned Goodwill, no charity worker would feel safe.  I would sit in my office behind a massive pile of cocaine, racking my pistol's slide every time the cleaning lady came near.  Auditors, I'd just shoot."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: LMNO on December 19, 2015, 03:47:25 AM
To be fair, isn't that just two fried eggs, an egg yolk or two, lemon juice, and oil?

So, like, a plate of scrambled eggs and butter with some vitamin C. Just in different forms. Completely understandable.

Exactly!
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Nast on December 19, 2015, 05:09:19 AM
Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on December 19, 2015, 03:09:25 AM

That is sensible enough. My shock is from never having heard of a person with the gastronomical fortitude to consume a bowl of mayonnaise. It seems very rich. But I suppose it also depends on the size of the bowl.

Just like a small custard bowl.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: The Wizard Joseph on December 19, 2015, 04:41:24 AM
Lately it's been far too much convenience food from a rather awesome gas station chain here in LaX. It's been much pancake& sausage on a stick and/or croissant, egg, sausage, and cheese sandwiches with Sirracha ketchup, jalapeño relish, and mayo, sometimes an omelet on a bagel with similar condiments. Much free coffee from work too. My shift starts around 1130am and I often come in up to an hour early to acclimate myself and drink the unlimited coffee made available.

It's been a good year for breakfast, bad year for my waistline. When I first took the job it was A LOT of hard, fast labor and like 7+ miles (usually much more) of walking around the hospital. Now I drive a truck and do mostly wash&dry processing in the evening in the facility building. This requires a lot of strength and coordination, but the cardio isn't there and it shows.

Jesus, pancake and sausage on a stick? Do people really eat that? It sounds horrific.

The Wizard Joseph

Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on December 19, 2015, 05:20:19 AM

Jesus, pancake and sausage on a stick? Do people really eat that? It sounds horrific.

Imagine a corndog with a delicious breakfast sausage instead of hotdog, but wrapped in pancake batter not cornmeal batter. They're absolutely decadent.

Horrifically bad for me though, for sure. Mmmm... deadly..
You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

- Doktor Hamish Howl

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: The Wizard Joseph on December 19, 2015, 05:31:13 AM

Imagine a corndog with a delicious breakfast sausage instead of hotdog, but wrapped in pancake batter not cornmeal batter. They're absolutely decadent.

Oh god, I loathe corndogs.

The Wizard Joseph

Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on December 19, 2015, 05:35:14 AM

What is it you find loathsome?

- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

- Doktor Hamish Howl

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: The Wizard Joseph on December 19, 2015, 06:13:54 AM
Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on December 19, 2015, 05:35:14 AM

What is it you find loathsome?

The sweet, oily, slightly crunchy crust that contains a moist corn cake engulfing in turn a pink, salty, soft, fatty, bland meat puree product impaled on a stick. It smells like ham and cornbread, but when you put it in your mouth and grind it between your molars the corn cake layer becomes gummy while the meat puree is restored to the native paste-like consistency from whence it came, forming a lima-bean-shaped wad in the mouth of the hopeful eater, defying attempts to swallow.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

The Wizard Joseph

Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on December 19, 2015, 06:34:55 AM
Also, I hate pancakes.

Between this and the above I now understand. I'm not a fan of corndogs for similar reasons, but I LOVE pancakes and sausage. The fact that I can get them on a stick while heading to work has been an unhealthy but delightful thing for me.

- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

- Doktor Hamish Howl