News:

The End of the World is Coming, and YOU MAY DIE

Main Menu

Grog

Started by Pergamos, March 11, 2016, 07:53:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pergamos

Measurements are a bit rough, but grog should be rough.

Heat 12 oz water to a boil
combine with 2-3 tablespoons molases
add 2 oz rum (kraken dark works well)
Salt to taste.

East Coast Hustle

It's not proper grog if there's no lime juice to keep the scurvy at bay.

Also, real grog should ideally only ever be made with Pusser's Rum and NEVER with spiced rum. Horatio Nelson would have your teeth for that.
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: East Coast Hustle on March 11, 2016, 06:35:21 PM
It's not proper grog if there's no lime juice to keep the scurvy at bay.

Also, real grog should ideally only ever be made with Pusser's Rum and NEVER with spiced rum. Horatio Nelson would have your teeth for that.

I always wondered why limes, when lemons have nearly twice the vitamin C per ounce.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Pergamos

limes taste better.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Pergamos on March 12, 2016, 10:03:07 AM
limes taste better.

Besides being wholly subjective, that's fairly irrelevant when the point is using the most economic means of not dying of scurvy.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Q. G. Pennyworth

Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on March 12, 2016, 08:32:01 PM
limes taste better.

Besides being wholly subjective, that's fairly irrelevant when the point is using the most economic means of not dying of scurvy.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Limey

Was originally lemons, switched to limes because they were grown in British colonies instead of buying from mainland Europe, they didn't know limes have less vitamin C.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Q. G. Pennyworth on March 12, 2016, 09:42:21 PM
Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on March 12, 2016, 08:32:01 PM
limes taste better.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Limey

Was originally lemons, switched to limes because they were grown in British colonies instead of buying from mainland Europe, they didn't know limes have less vitamin C.

Thanks!