News:

Endorsement:  I know that all of you fucking discordians are just a bunch of haters who seem to do anything you can to distance yourself from fucking anarchists which is just fine and dandy sit in your house on your computer and type inane shite all day until your fingers fall off.

Main Menu

Thought experiment

Started by LMNO, April 28, 2016, 01:57:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LMNO

OK, so this is just a hypothetical.

What if I lived, or paid a visit to Colorado, and decided to make baked goods using some of the local produce now available to adult consumers?

What would be the best recipes to make?

Asking for a friend.

Vanadium Gryllz

It depends on what you have available at the time, and what you're looking for.

The most effective recipes in terms of 'bang for your buck' are ones with high fat content - this is what binds to the THC and helps it be absorbed by your body.
This process also activates the THC so you don't have to worry about doing that in the cooking process itself. I've had worries in the past about -over-heating the material so that it decomposes but it doesn't seem to be a problem when making standard baked goods. 

If you have the resources I would recommend making an infused oil (coconut is my preferred) in a slow cooker and then using that in whatever standard recipe you like.

I had some good success making flapjacks using a pretty simple 2:1 oats:fat ratio and adding sugar/syrup to get the consistency right.

Brownies are a classic and the chocolate helps to mask the 'green' taste. Citrus flavours are even better for masking the taste.

Note: coconut oil is fantastic but has a super low melting point so while it's perfectly possible to use it as a replacement for butter etc. in recipes your end result might get a bit... melty in warmer temperatures.
"I was fine until my skin came off.  I'm never going to South Attelboro again."

Q. G. Pennyworth

https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/473290-fried-mashed-potatoes-and-gravy-bombs

but the gravy is all pot buttery, and maybe some green onions to normalize the "green" taste?

LMNO

I wan't thinking a full meal, but that is intriguing.

I figured warming fat to a couple hundred degrees would activate the oils, but wasn't sure if it affected the end result in a way I should be aware of.  Might go with brownies, old staple.

Q. G. Pennyworth

Maybe some lemon-mint cookies?

LMNO

You're the one who's the flour-based alchemy master.  Got a recipe?

Q. G. Pennyworth

trippinprincezz13

With butter, someone I know has done several varieties of cookies - chocolate chip, maple bacon, cranberry orange, brownie pops, with various enhanced frostings.

1/2 c fancy butter to about a batch of 2 dozen lends a good distribution.

With a oil/alcohol based tincture - gummy bears and fruit roll-ups, or just good old fashioned jello works well

Edit: Also, some leftover solids after making one of the above (butter or tincture) made some pretty tasty (and potent) pesto
There's no sun shine coming through her ass, if you are sure of your penis.

Paranoia is a disease unto itself, and may I add, the person standing next to you, may not be who they appear to be, so take precaution.

If there is no order in your sexual life it may be difficult to stay with a whole skin.