News:

Yeah, fuckface! Get ready to be beaten down. Grrr! Internet ain't so safe now is it motherfucker! Shit just got real! Bam!

Main Menu

Rev Roger Sermon #24: The Penultimate Word

Started by The Good Reverend Roger, September 17, 2003, 12:34:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Irreverend Hugh, KSC

The solution is also keeping a lid on the lips so that one doesn't end up in Don Rumsfeld's torture funhouse for Terrorist Suspects, otherwise known as Rum's House of Bung.
"Time for the tin-foil hats, girls and boys!"

Trollax

Quote from: St. Hugh, KSCThe solution is in keeping one's lid open. Whether or not we can escape...who knows? Everyone has theories but who has really the understanding or the experience?

The one who has gone through it perhaps?

Quote from: St. Hugh, KSCThe solution is also keeping a lid on the lips so that one doesn't end up in Don Rumsfeld's torture funhouse for Terrorist Suspects, otherwise known as Rum's House of Bung.

To be free I must renounce my freedom in order that I may be safe?

NEVER!

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: St. Trollax
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger
Perhaps in Australia, but I doubt it.

The State is the barrel of a rifle.  This is the underlying truth of ALL governments.

Who imbues the rifle with power?

They separate us and we become afraid individually...

they can kill you, yes... but are you afraid of that?

How many can they kill and get away with?

1,000? 10,000? 100,000? 1,000,000?

every group on the entire planet is at this point in history saying that its values, freedoms and way of life are continually being undermined? Who is benefitting?

We're all paranoid.

Thuddites.....

~Zen Trollax~

Stalin killed 50,000,000 of his own people, and no one lifted a hand.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: St. Hugh, KSCI am starting to think that there is no exit.

Don't get sartre on me now Hugh, Hell is the self, not other people...

If the state is mental and it's mental power is enforced physically where is the key? Is it mental or physical? If not revolution what is it?

While a great majority of the state is mental, enough of it is physical to be dangerous.

If the uniform and gun are real, and the cop is a social fiction, the gun can still kill you, or toss you in a chain link cube.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: St. Hugh, KSCThe solution is in keeping one's lid open. Whether or not we can escape...who knows? Everyone has theories but who has really the understanding or the experience?

The one who has gone through it perhaps?

Quote from: St. Hugh, KSCThe solution is also keeping a lid on the lips so that one doesn't end up in Don Rumsfeld's torture funhouse for Terrorist Suspects, otherwise known as Rum's House of Bung.

To be free I must renounce my freedom in order that I may be safe?

NEVER!

No, you don't have to do that...yet.

However, you must also realize that, at least here, you have to show some degree of caution.

Someone in RAW's Schroedingers trilogy said:

"Screw the humans!  I'm on to their game!  I'm going to be free, but not let them know it!"

Irreverend Hugh, KSC

Exactly!

If you let on too much about your freedom, people will just simply silence you while making damn sure that you, as a threat to the established order, will not longer be such a threat.

We can think that the state is only imagined, but then the collective imaginations of society will impinge upon us anyway through very physical processes. They don't have to kill us, yet. There are worse things than death.

Thinking freely is one step towards freedom. But how to get out of the morass without removing oneself from the world? Questions lead to more questions. But in the project of becoming free, it is often wise not to shout from the rooftops, especially since the state and the people who believe in it own the rooftops.
"Time for the tin-foil hats, girls and boys!"

Penumbral

I am not a crook. Repeat I am not a crook.

StDoodle

I keep writing out a long response to this thread, hoping to add something meaninful and perhaps even profound.

But it just ain't in the cards tonight.

I think I'll settle with "Zoit, Narf, Egad!"
Non scio, hic sola laboro.
DPH Te/r c-(++++) s+:-- a- Comp+$ P++ E-- F- R>! tv b+(++++) RAW+ DC e0.5 h+ r? y K++

Sir Lyall

Secession and evolution. Preferably outside of the solar system. Of course one could argue that evolution would result just another more complex cycle of entrapment, but it's worth a shot.

Or I've been reading too much SciFi again... :shock:
mass marketed arcana

Nixon

We need to be beat so senseless that we don't care if we're beaten anymore. If we can just completely accept the fact that it's hopeless, and keep on going, there will be no stopping us.