News:

Testimonial - Well it seems that most of you "discordians" are little more than dupes of the Cathedral/NWO memetic apparatus after all -- "freethinkers" in the sense that you are willing to think slightly outside the designated boxes of correct thought, but not free in the sense that you reject the existence of the boxes and seek their destruction.

Main Menu

Shootings in Canada

Started by Suu, October 22, 2014, 05:07:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hooplala

Cain, am I wrong that a significant portion of MK-ULTRA went down in Canada?
"Soon all of us will have special names" — Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
— Walt Whitman

Cain

Quote from: Doktor Howl on October 22, 2014, 10:42:23 PM
Quote from: Cain on October 22, 2014, 10:13:35 PM
To be fair, CSIS did not tip off Syrian intelligence about his flight to Damascus.

They tipped off American intelligence, who then tipped off the Syrians.  You can lay pretty much everything else at their feet though,

So it was three assholes instead of two.  That's WORSE, not better.

Fucking Canada.  I had expected better.  Because I am naive in some ways.

I'm not entirely sure of Canada's reasoning for not informing Syria, truth be told.  It may have been yet another layer of assholery, "let the terrorist run around on Assad's watch, because fuck him" or something else.  Will check another time.

Quote from: Hoopla on October 22, 2014, 11:54:20 PM
Cain, am I wrong that a significant portion of MK-ULTRA went down in Canada?

Nope, not wrong at all.  Ewen Cameron, the head of the American and Canadian Psychiatric Associations, was based in Montreal for Subproject 68.

Cain

QuoteCiting unnamed Canadian officials, US and Canadian news agencies identified the dead gunman as Michael Zehaf-Bibeau.

Anyone want to data-mine his social networking profiles while I sleep?

Junkenstein

Related, there's a certain tone that this appears to be written in. It's not a pleasant one.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-29699275

QuoteCanada, much like the UK and other European countries, has allowed a steady stream of extremist individuals, money and ideology to enter the country.

Since the 1980s, these individuals have set up front groups and charitable organisations to accomplish their goals.

Over the past few years, four of these charities have had their status revoked for funding terrorism. These include the World Islamic Call Society of London, Ontario, in 2011, which was involved with Col Muammar Gaddafi's Libyan Jihad Fund.

QuoteExamples of this were Xristos Katsiroubas, 22, and Ali Medlej, 24, both from Ontario, who were key figures in the gas plant attack in Algeria in January 2013.

QuoteLast week, the Royal Canadian Mounted Police stated that they had 63 national security cases linked to terrorism involving 90 suspects. Those include people who intend to go overseas to fight and those who have returned.

QuoteFor example, the International Relief Fund for the Afflicted and Needy-Canada was listed as a terrorist entity in April after it was accused of channelling money to Hamas.

The Islamic Society of North America Development Foundation had its charitable status revoked after the Canada Revenue Agency accused it of distributing funds to a group linked to another group listed as a terrorist organisation by the EU and the government of India.

However, more than 20 charities in Canada remain that are believed to be fronts for extremism.

The UK recently launched a study into the Muslim Brotherhood to better understand the nature of the group.

Various details coming out about the shooter. Including dead and apparently pro IS. Harper making statements about terrorists everywhere fucking up everything. I've got a fiver on at least a few of those 90 suspects being taken for a quiet chat by sunday at the latest.

Also, I love that the UK is "Studying the Muslim Brotherhood". I'm sure we will come to the correct conclusions.
Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

LMNO

As of this morning, NPR has been calling it a Terrorist Attack™, from what I can tell based soley on a one-off comment.

From a non-Fearmongering jingoist perspective, does this qualify as such, or is it all for show?

Cain

Maybe.  It looks like one, but the only way to be sure is to know the intentions of the gunman.

Whose father, it turns out, was involved with the Libyan rebels.  There's also some evidence linking him to the previous attack, on Monday (namely a pro-ISIS Twitter account which was followed by Monday's attacker tweeted a picture of MZB holding a rifle and dressed like he was on the day of the shootings).

You'll note this is similar to the planned attacks by ISIS supporters in Australia.  If this is ISIS's grand plan, Lee Rigby style acts of low tech and petty murder, then I have to say, I'm not impressed.

LMNO

Well, people are freaking out, so cost-effective mission accomplished, I guess?

Cain

Yeah, I guess.  But I have a higher standard than most people.  Besides, a good 90% of that fear is from the ghouls in the media and the government, stirring it all up and savouring the smell of panic, whipping people into a frenzy over what is, essentially, a minor event.  In the grand scheme of things, of course.

I mean, if I were going to plan a terrorist attack, I'd go all out.  There wouldn't be a country left standing when I was done.  I wouldn't kamikaze charge the Parliament building and hope for the best, because that's stupid and ineffective.

And perhaps that is the point.  Stupid, ineffective, low-cost attacks which rile Western nations and put pressure on greater forces for intervention, leading to a land invasion of Islamic State territory, which can then be used to rally Muslims against the "Western Crusaders and their Zionist masters". 

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Cain on October 23, 2014, 12:20:37 PM

And perhaps that is the point.  Stupid, ineffective, low-cost attacks which rile Western nations and put pressure on greater forces for intervention, leading to a land invasion of Islamic State territory, which can then be used to rally Muslims against the "Western Crusaders and their Zionist masters".

I'm betting it IS the point.  ISIS doesn't exactly have the crowned heads of the Middle East on board.  They aren't going to form a monster Islamic state without a common enemy, at least to shake things up a bit.
Molon Lube

The Wizard Joseph

Quote from: Cain on October 23, 2014, 01:41:12 AM
QuoteCiting unnamed Canadian officials, US and Canadian news agencies identified the dead gunman as Michael Zehaf-Bibeau.

Anyone want to data-mine his social networking profiles while I sleep?

FB after search after copypasta of name exactly above gave 2 generated profiles. One was blank and apparently auto generated. The other was this

hxxps://www.facebook.com/pages/Michael-Zehaf-Bibeau/304426673084624

nice blurry pic.

Video (not played it yet myself) tried to play it... links to an article briefly, then immediately redirects to nasty pron. Link provided is nsfw and at your own risk. Not sure if scam or means to block article.

hxxp://www.todayleak.com/2014/10/otawa-shooting-live-updates/

will run the Google next, but then out of options.

You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."
- Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality :lulz:

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

"It's not even chaos anymore. It's BANAL."
- Doktor Hamish Howl

The Wizard Joseph

Michael Zehaf-Bibeau

Tried to Google auto correct to

Michael Zehef-Bibeau

There are many articles using both names but seems precious little social network stuff other than the FB above that I can find so far. Gonna dig for a bit. If I post again I struck something.

ETA:

better link to the video above.  That FB acct seems to be a booby trap.

http://www.westernjournalism.com/breakingdeveloping-suspected-shooter-canadian-parliament-attack-may-isis-ties/
It was weird watching a mandatory commercial first.

Also this:

http://seen.co/event/parliament-hill-shootings-ottawa-2014-3173/highlight/37325
the blue scarf pic was put out by an alleged ISIS twitter acct and is spreading very fast indeed.

No sign of personal social media.
You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."
- Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality :lulz:

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

"It's not even chaos anymore. It's BANAL."
- Doktor Hamish Howl

Cain

Thanks.  His social media presence may exist in Arabic or on Arabic social media.

In other news:

- Canada has ruled out a direct link to ISIS.  Probably just as well.

- Stephen Harper hid in a cupboard for 15 minutes, apparently terrified terrorists would kill him (is anyone surprised? No).

- MPs took down flagpoles and turned them into spears, in case they needed to go hand-to-hand with any terrorists in the building (Canadian MPs confirmed as being tough enough to fight Putin one-on-one).

Junkenstein

Point two is hilarious. I imagine most UK MP's would react in a similar manner.

Australian MP's would probably have been armed and formed a hunting party to go after the guy.

Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

Cain

Junkenstein

"Bruce! BRUCE! Some cunt's shooting up the parly!"