News:

Also, i dont think discordia attracts any more sociopaths than say, atheism or satanism.

Main Menu

How We Protect At-Risk Kids.

Started by Doktor Howl, August 09, 2013, 03:10:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doktor Howl

Quote from: YOUR Social Science Thinkmonkey on August 09, 2013, 04:07:18 PM
Yeah, having worked with the state foster system in Oregon for a year, I would stake money that this wasn't a mere fluke, you fucking creepy, evil punishment pervert.

Not only that, but the very idea of separating a family to "protect" the child from weed, whereas having alcohol around a kid is perfectly acceptable.

No matter what, the kid loses.  In this case, the kid lost her life.  But she's been PROTECTED.
Molon Lube

AFK

Quote from: Cramulus on August 09, 2013, 04:05:39 PM
Dad said:

Quote"We never hurt our daughter. She was never sick, she was never in the hospital, and she never had any issues until she went into state care."

this article sheds a smidgen more light:

QuoteCourt records showed that the girl's mother had a medical condition that didn't allow her to be left alone with the child.

a little bit more from ... uhhh... daily mail, great

Quotehttp://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2385159/Foster-mother-beats-toddler-seized-biological-parents-social-services-discovered-smoking-pot.html?ito=feeds-newsxml

According to court records, Alexandria's mother has a medical condition that does not allow her to be left alone with her own child and Hill's marijuana use had become so bad he almost dropped his daughter down the stairs.

QuoteThe parents, who are not together, handed Alexandria to Hill's mother to care for - until the state intervened on November 26th.

According to the Department of Family and Protective Services, the family disagreed who should take custody of the girl and decided to involve the CPS themselves - until both mom and dad got their lives in order.

so, a little bit more complicated than "kid was taken away because parents smoked pot", but really the point is that the foster family should have been checked out too. I'm surprised the state didn't look into the foster family after the biological dad noted bruises on the girls arm.

Yes, that is what I was thinking too, it really wasn't making sense to me that this was just the state intervening in a couple of casual marijuana smoking parents.  I knew there had to be more involved. 

So this really has nothing to do with pot and everything to do with a shitty foster care system.  That shit should not be tolerated.
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

Doktor Howl

Too refute the bullshit in the Daily Mail (and in conversation with anyone other than RHWN, this wouldn't be necessary), the KVUE link records:

QuoteAlex was living with foster parents after DFPS removed her from her parent's home last November for "neglectful supervision."

Not her grandmother's home.  Their home.

So RWHN KNEW their had to be more involved.  Even if he had to listen to the Daily Mail.

:lulz:
Molon Lube

Doktor Howl

Next, we'll be hearing RWHN talk about Those People.  Because it's in the Daily Mail.

:lulz: :lulz: :lulz:
Molon Lube

Doktor Howl

Molon Lube

Doktor Howl

Quote from: YOUR Social Science Thinkmonkey on August 09, 2013, 04:05:44 PM
Quote from: The End on August 09, 2013, 03:53:41 PM
I suspect there was more to the child being taken away than just the parents using pot, but there is no way to know because the journalist clearly had an agenda.  If anyone can find a full account or report of why the kid was taken away please post it in this thread. 

Clearly the foster care system in that state sucks and needs to be fixed.
\

BETTER DEAD THAN POTHEAD.
Molon Lube

Doktor Howl

Molon Lube

Doktor Howl

And here it is, in all it's glory, the investigative powerhouse that is the Daily Mail.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/ushome/index.html

:lulz:

This is the source preferred by preventionists/prohibitionist/punishment freaks for high quality source material.
Molon Lube

AFK

Quote from: Osama Bin Login on August 09, 2013, 04:22:00 PM
And now he's fucked off. 

:hammer:

If you want to come do my staff evaluations and federal grant reports I'll happily continue to fuck around on the internet. 
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: The End on August 09, 2013, 04:38:36 PM
And now he's fucked off. 

If you want to come do my staff evaluations and federal grant reports I'll happily continue to fuck around on the internet.

May I suggest you search your staff member's names on the Daily Mail, in case they're secretly smudgy people, jihadists, or Kim Kardashian?

ETA:  And I wonder how you managed that while looking at other portions of PD?
Molon Lube

Anna Mae Bollocks

Quote from: Osama Bin Login on August 09, 2013, 04:14:43 PM
So, what we have is the local news station (KVUE) agreeing with the OP (Which was, as RWHN was happy to ignore, directly linked to KVUE), Daily Mail (yeehaw) doing it's thing, and this

http://www.inquisitr.com/892429/foster-mother-charged-in-murder-of-2-year-old-alexandria-hill/

Well, just look at the other articles at that site.

Too much trouble, I keep getting spammy pop-ups: "CLICK HERE TO VIEW YOUR ARREST RECORD!"  :lol:

Quote from: Osama Bin Login on August 09, 2013, 04:39:32 PM
Quote from: The End on August 09, 2013, 04:38:36 PM
And now he's fucked off. 

May I suggest you search your staff member's names on the Daily Mail, in case they're secretly smudgy people, jihadists, or Kim Kardashian?

ETA:  And I wonder how you managed that while looking at other portions of PD?

:lulz: :lulz: :lulz:
Scantily-Clad Inspector of Gigantic and Unnecessary Cashews, Texas Division

Doktor Howl

Quote from: stelz on August 09, 2013, 04:41:39 PM
So, what we have is the local news station (KVUE) agreeing with the OP (Which was, as RWHN was happy to ignore, directly linked to KVUE), Daily Mail (yeehaw) doing it's thing, and this

http://www.inquisitr.com/892429/foster-mother-charged-in-murder-of-2-year-old-alexandria-hill/

Too much trouble, I keep getting spammy pop-ups: "CLICK HERE TO VIEW YOUR ARREST RECORD!"  :lol:

They also provide many high quality dating sites.
Molon Lube

Anna Mae Bollocks

Quote from: Osama Bin Login on August 09, 2013, 04:42:26 PM
Quote from: stelz on August 09, 2013, 04:41:39 PM

They also provide many high quality dating sites.

And important information

Scantily-Clad Inspector of Gigantic and Unnecessary Cashews, Texas Division

Ben Shapiro

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Hush, you guys, he's busy protecting children.

There are evil pot-smoking parents to be punished, you know.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."