News:

PD may suddenly accelerate to dangerous speeds.  If PD splits open, do not look directly at resulting goo.  PD is still legal in 14 states.

Main Menu

MAKE MONEY TELLING NAIVE ELDERLY PEOPLE WHAT THEY WANT TO HEAR, SRSLY.

Started by Mesozoic Mister Nigel, February 11, 2010, 05:21:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

It's a happy ending!

Just not the kind at the massage parlor.

At least, not YET.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

East Coast Hustle

Quote from: Calamity Nigel on February 12, 2010, 11:35:29 PM
I'm going to make a pretty extreme statement here, and say that I think that most people, as individuals, are basically pretty decent. It makes them really easy to take advantage of if you are so minded.

The way I feel about Lysergic's attitude is that if you think you're fleecing people, you are. This reflects on you, not on them, nor on anyone else, in your line of work or otherwise. If you think you're providing an entertaining or even an illuminating service for people, even if you're doing something stupid like chain-dancing badly on a public sidewalk, at least your conscience is free from connivance. If you don't think you're fleecing people, you don't have any reason to make the kinds of comments Lysergic has made about what he does and who he makes his money from.

But that assumes you have a conscience.

According to that line of logic, The Family is the most ethically upstanding organization in modern American politics.

After all, they really believe that they're doing God's work.
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Emerald City Hustle on February 13, 2010, 03:04:06 AM
Quote from: Calamity Nigel on February 12, 2010, 11:35:29 PM
I'm going to make a pretty extreme statement here, and say that I think that most people, as individuals, are basically pretty decent. It makes them really easy to take advantage of if you are so minded.

The way I feel about Lysergic's attitude is that if you think you're fleecing people, you are. This reflects on you, not on them, nor on anyone else, in your line of work or otherwise. If you think you're providing an entertaining or even an illuminating service for people, even if you're doing something stupid like chain-dancing badly on a public sidewalk, at least your conscience is free from connivance. If you don't think you're fleecing people, you don't have any reason to make the kinds of comments Lysergic has made about what he does and who he makes his money from.

But that assumes you have a conscience.

According to that line of logic, The Family is the most ethically upstanding organization in modern American politics.

After all, they really believe that they're doing God's work.

It's not the only aspect to ethics, though; just one signpost along the way. Actually not doing harm to other people is another one.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Shibboleet The Annihilator

Quote from: Alty on February 11, 2010, 05:27:41 PM
People call psychics.

It would be shitty if it was the other way around.

If they were really psychic, that's what they'd do.

Triple Zero

Quote from: Annabel the Destroyer on February 13, 2010, 04:27:59 PM
Quote from: Alty on February 11, 2010, 05:27:41 PM
People call psychics.

It would be shitty if it was the other way around.

If they were really psychic, that's what they'd do.

Nono, those are psychos.
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

BadBeast

Quote from: Doktor Howl on February 11, 2010, 05:26:34 PM
Quote from: LMNO on February 11, 2010, 05:22:57 PM
ITT, Nigel and BAI/The Stoat begin a death match.

There is never anything wrong with telling people what they want to hear.

There is never anything wrong with selling people what they want to hear.
"We need a plane for Bombing, Strafing, Assault and Battery, Interception, Ground Support, and Reconaissance,
NOT JUST A "FAIR WEATHER FIGHTER"!

"I kinda like him. It's like he sees inside my soul" ~ Nigel

Whoever puts their hand on me to govern me, is a usurper, and a tyrant, and I declare them my enemy!

"And when the clouds obscure the moon, and normal service is resumed. It wont. Mean. A. Thing"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zpkCJDYxH-4