News:

Your political affiliations, your brand loyalties, and your opinions are all quicker, easier, and contain no user-serviceable parts.

Main Menu

COntributions needed

Started by Malaul, September 22, 2005, 04:27:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Malaul

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger
Quote from: MalaulNEWEST ISSUE OUT
lookslike LMNO's absynthe article got in
THey credited it at the top as GDT staff writers, o i guess youre Staff now LMNO

if your stuff didnt get in this time, there is always next week

Fuck that.  I took time out of my schedule to rework that rant, and they didn't bother.  Obviously, it was not up their high standards.

Fuck them.  I don't have time for this.  Permission for reprint withdrawn.
omg ROger lighten up!!
It will be in next weeks Im sure
you arent the only people sending things in
just calm down and wait

it was just fine for the paper
they just didnt have the space for it inthis one
Coito ergo sum
O! Plus! Perge! Aio! Hui! Hem!
"You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy,the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named Bush, Dick, and Colon.  --Comedian Chris Rock

Malaul

Quote from: Pope T.Mangrove xviiMal - LMNO's name appears at the bottom of the article....for great justice!
this is did know
thanks Mang
Coito ergo sum
"You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy,the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named Bush, Dick, and Colon.  --Comedian Chris Rock

Malaul

if you guys send something and it doesnt make in into the next upcomming issue
pleaseeee realise it might be the next one or not at all. It has nothign to do with standards, its about space and time and money.
(The money to print this every week comes outta their and my backpockets)
try not to take it personally if they dont use your work
they have no idea who you are, so it CANT be personal

Also, Ive been informed that you cant use a pen name for legal reasons soooo
LMNO, Eldora and whom ever else still has stuff up for consideration - you gotta RESEND that stuff to the GDT e mail, with legal names
they cant use LMNO, Or Eldora Avalon.
(thats why you were used assa GDT staff writer L)

if you have sent something in and now for whatever reason want it pulled
E MAIL this to GDT staff, NOT ME
ok?
And if you wanna send something for consideration SEND IT TO THEM
not me
I think I confused a few folks by forwarding it via my e mail, they thought ti was stuff I had done

Thanks for those who sent stuff in, your patients is super appreaciated

gdt@hellskitchen.org
Coito ergo sum

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Malaul
Quote from: MalaulNEWEST ISSUE OUT
lookslike LMNO's absynthe article got in
THey credited it at the top as GDT staff writers, o i guess youre Staff now LMNO

if your stuff didnt get in this time, there is always next week

Fuck that.  I took time out of my schedule to rework that rant, and they didn't bother.  Obviously, it was not up their high standards.

Fuck them.  I don't have time for this.  Permission for reprint withdrawn.
omg ROger lighten up!!
It will be in next weeks Im sure
you arent the only people sending things in
just calm down and wait

it was just fine for the paper
they just didnt have the space for it inthis one

Naw.  Like I said, I don't want them using my shit.  They can use that ever-so-valuable space in some other way.  I have better ways to waste my time than rushing to get something ready to help someone out, and then finding out that they couldn't be bothered.

Besides, legal names are NOT required, for someone to be published, and NEVER have been, anywhere in the US.  EVER.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Malaul

Please just chill out
and wait

your stuff was fine
honest
Coito ergo sum

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: MalaulPlease just chill out
and wait

your stuff was fine
honest

I'm going to say this again:  They no longer have my permission to print my stuff.  They can use the space to print more bad poetry.

TGRR,
Isn't that desperate to be in IRL print again.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Malaul

dont tell me
tell them

gdt@hellskitchen.org
Coito ergo sum

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Malauldont tell me
tell them

gdt@hellskitchen.org

Um, okay.  But just don't expect me to come running next time you ask for help.  Thank you for making an attempt to help a friend into a bueraucratic nightmare.

TGRR,
Doesn't even know who you sent my shit to.

Malaul

guess you shoulda asked I guess
and thats why I have ben posting that addy everywhere

so you KNEW where it was going

GDT is for people who want to be in the magazine and people who want to read it
that's it

and I didnt expect you to do anything
I didtn demand anything
I didnt promise anything
I just asked if folks wanted to help
Coito ergo sum

Iron Sulfide

i'm curious as to how much marketing is put into
the production of this zine?

like, do they just tell people about it?

do they put fliers up?

do they just do it and hope someone may notice it and snag a copy?

these are sometimes very important aspects.

oh, and i'm bumping stuff atm that i'm considering sending to them.
thanks for that note about space management. i'll go more for
the shorter things. hopefully not poetry or something.

or maybe......

MUAHAHAHA. (yes, just ONE period.)
Ya' stupid Yank.

Malaul

I'm going to say this again:  They no longer have my permission to print my stuff.  They can use the space to print more bad poetry.

Just so there arent any worries later ROg, Im gonna ask you to repeat to me here, where folks can see,that its ok for GDT to use your work now
(I didtn wanna copy/paste our convo via PM with it and get lynched)
I dont wanna get 25823556846934687 "Oooooooooooo they used his stuff when he said they couodnt Ooooooooooo" emails when the issue with your words comes out
Coito ergo sum

Malaul

each wednesday night Me and one of the editors sit down and fols 1000 copies of the paper then they get sent to a buncha diffrent places on campus
there is also the online site as well.
they dont advertise at school, cause they have been there forever and are really kinda a household name.

so far the one page issue is a good size, but if we get enough stuff ::crosses fingers:: maybe we will go into a 1.5 page size

not to be cheeky but
size doesnt count

its all about how tab A fits into slot B and whatnot

so dont worry about quality or quantity
just get it up

I mean get it in

I mean

JUST SEND EM STUFF

:roll:  :roll:
Coito ergo sum

LMNO

I didn't realize it was only a 4-page 'zine... just an 11x18 folded one-sheet, right?

I'm actually kinda concerned when two writers can't fill up 4 pages by themselves.

But for serious, there's no way that paper will be able to print all of our contributions in the same issue.

In all honesty, I would have preferred to see TGRR's article in there before mine.  But I don't make the editorial decisions, so...

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Malaul

Just so there arent any worries later ROg, Im gonna ask you to repeat to me here, where folks can see,that its ok for GDT to use your work now
(I didtn wanna copy/paste our convo via PM with it and get lynched)
I dont wanna get 25823556846934687 "Oooooooooooo they used his stuff when he said they couodnt Ooooooooooo" emails when the issue with your words comes out

Go ahead.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: LMNOI didn't realize it was only a 4-page 'zine... just an 11x18 folded one-sheet, right?

I'm actually kinda concerned when two writers can't fill up 4 pages by themselves.

But for serious, there's no way that paper will be able to print all of our contributions in the same issue.

In all honesty, I would have preferred to see TGRR's article in there before mine.  But I don't make the editorial decisions, so...

I'm not so much concerned that yours got in first, just that I was led to believe that the newpaper was an actual newpaper, not a screamsheet, and that they were desperate to fill pages.

Turns out they could fit the damn thing on a postage stamp, and still have room for the "old Elvis".