News:

If it quacks like a sociopath, but also ponders its own sociopathy, it's probably just an asshole.

Main Menu

Vader's height

Started by nurbldoff, June 04, 2005, 11:55:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nurbldoff

Am I the only one who has noticed that Darth Vader was really tall in SW ep. 4-6, while Anakin in ep. 1-3 was merely average heigh (OK, he was a kid in the first ep.)? What does that mean?

What if ep. 1-3 are really an elaborate hoax with the purpose of making us believe that Anakin is Vader, while he's really someone else?

Or perhaps he's just wearing really high heels, I don't know.
Nature is the great teacher. Who is the principal?

East Coast Hustle

or perhaps it has something to do with the fact taht in episodes 1-3 he has his own legs on him, and in episodes 4-6 he presumably has some high-test cybernetic legs on him to replace the ones that got burned off in lava at the end of episode 3.

that may have been a spoiler, but I don't care since that was the worst movie I've ever seen anyway.

8)
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

Drunken Monkey Cabal

Quote from: Tomorrow Comes Today

that may have been a spoiler, but I don't care since that was the worst movie I've ever seen anyway.

8)

:evil:  :evil:  :evil:

WHAT ABOUT STARSHIP TROOPERS 2?!!?!

*uber stab*

nurbldoff

True, true.. that MAY be the explanation. But he would look pretty stupid with legs about a foot taller than they should be, proportionally.

East Coast Hustle

Quote from: DiL

8)

*uber stab*

as much as I almost agre with you, even Starship Troopers 2 was better than the shitpile that George Lucas just foisted on the world.

fuck, man, even Catwoman was better.

8)

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

gnimbley

Was it worse than Van Helsing?

East Coast Hustle

WAY worse.

worse than 13 going on 30, worse than Contact, worse even than Ishtar.

8)

Horab Fibslager

i liekd sw3. :P

adn he got hislegs cut off. when buddy said "i love you" i couldn't help but snicker.
Hell is other people.

East Coast Hustle

I'd like to see an underground fan remix in which they edit out all of hte parts containing either Padme or Anakin.

take that stuff out, and you'd have a pretty damned good short action film.

8)

Horab Fibslager

lol.

tjo you have to admit, for thenew trilogy, the comic relif was finally somewhere near theoriginal trilogy's level. in that 3po/r2's bits weren't totally fucking retarded.

the annakin padme shit was total shit. but th eaction, was fuckin great.
Hell is other people.

nurbldoff

I don't know, maybe I was just expecting the worst, but I kind of liked ep3. It actually tied in to ep 4-6 in a somewhat interesting way. I mean it's no masterpiece (neither are parts 4-6 for that matter, imho) but compared to 1 and 2 it was good.

East Coast Hustle

terminal packet loss took the words right out of my mouth when it comes to their take on Ep3.

it bums me out a little...I REALLY tried to like it, but George Lucas really should have just left well enough alone, or gotten a more competent director and some better scriptwriters to tackle the project....then again, perhaps my standards are a little high...Return of the Jedi (I know, it's the worst of the original 3) was the very first movie I EVER saw in the theater, so the first three movies are basically sacred to me.

8)

Donkeyotay

Quote from: improbable certaintylol.

tjo you have to admit, for thenew trilogy, the comic relif was finally somewhere near theoriginal trilogy's level. in that 3po/r2's bits weren't totally fucking retarded.

the annakin padme shit was total shit. but th eaction, was fuckin great.

It needed more sex...He should have included scenes of Luke and Leah's conception...Annakin goin at Padme doggystyle or some shit

Chaplin_Sinatra_Fonzarell

Quote from: Tomorrow Comes Todayterminal packet loss

That review's kind of dumb. Why do all these libertarian Neo-Con apologists sympathize with Darth Vader and the evil empire? I mean, are they so evil and twisted themselves that they admire a fictional portrayal of a bunch of old, rich, white British men hurtling through space in giant ugly spaceships slaughtering and opressing everyone in their way? It reminds me of liberals who think Nixon and Reagan were cool.

And anyone who says episode III was worse than I and II is fucking lying. It's the difference between The Da Vinci Code and the complete works of Tom Clancy.
Chaplin Sinatra Fonzarelli, G.G.L.F., C.L.F., L.F.L.F., R.M.S.T.A., R.P.C.V., N.C.c., T.R.R.R., W.I.T.C.H., W.P.P., V.P.D.F.Y.S., S.C.U.M., I.G.R.S.A.F.D.S.K.S.K.J.J.J.S.Y.Y.D.F.D.K.D.S.F.K.S.D.K.J.L.K.F.G.K.S.D.G.G.J.R.J.S.T.S and other various divisions of the Maude Senger cabal of the Pantheo-Anametamystikhood of Eris Esoteric, and President for Life of the Holy Empire of Ayatollah Discordiolla

img]http://www.dontyouwantmebaby.com/fark/bond_077_hasselhoff_animate.gif[/img]

Drunken Monkey Cabal

Quote from: DiL

8)

*uber stab*

as much as I almost agre with you, even Starship Troopers 2 was better than the shitpile that George Lucas just foisted on the world.

fuck, man, even Catwoman was better.

8)

your lucky i dont know you. such comments would render a beating. starship troopers 2 is the shitest film ever. ever. ever. ever.

they have guns with LED's on for when it fires.

BITS OF PLASTIC WITH LEDS TO REPRESENT FIRING ACTION

and you say this is better than episode 3?

:x  :x  :x  :x  :x  :x  :x

cat women has halle berry in pvc/leather. just use the pause function for a good view.

and episode 3 was not shite

*stab* just wasnt as good as it could have been. but it was not shite