Two layers of thought

Started by tipareth, October 26, 2012, 09:03:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: East Coast Hustle on November 05, 2012, 03:40:56 PM
Quote from: Reverend Roadkill on October 31, 2012, 11:56:02 PM
Quote from: chimes on October 31, 2012, 10:00:26 PM
Quote from: Reverend Roadkill on October 29, 2012, 09:56:03 PM
Now, if you don't mind, I'd like to clear the checklist off...So please accuse me of the following things:

1.  Not being a REAL Discordian.
2.  Controling the minds of the other members, ala Jim Jones or with orbital mind control lasers, etc.
3.  Being an old curmudgeony bald-headed bastard.
4.  Hivemind.

Thanks in advance.

I caught that - trying to slip #3 in there like it isn't true.  :)

Actually, I have hair this month.

Pics or it didn't happen.

And seriously, Burns left forever because some aspie got butthurt over nobody being interested or impressed with their aspie-ness? I mean, I get the sense it's probably his GF/wife/what the fuck ever, but just because you're touching genitals with someone doesn't mean that sending them to PD is a good idea. In fact, it's consistently one of worst ideas people have regarding this site. And if they come to PD and have their own intellectual and/or social weaknesses exposed, how does that make PD the asshole? And to top it off, there are two possibilities: Tipareth demanded that Burns stop being friends with us and he complied, which makes her a manipulative and controlling shitneck and him a weak-minded bowl of dick pudding OR Burns decided on his own that if we weren't nice to his special little friend then we weren't worth his time anymore. Not sure which I think is worse, but they both suck a bunch of donkey balls.

Burns was one of my favorite posters here. I'm sad that my estimation of him as a person is lowered.

No, I have since spoken to Burns, and his problems are not related to this thread.  He is apparently having some problems, and has flounced from all online activities while he deals with said issues.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Reverend Roadkill on November 05, 2012, 03:43:12 PM
Quote from: East Coast Hustle on November 05, 2012, 03:40:56 PM
Quote from: Reverend Roadkill on October 31, 2012, 11:56:02 PM
Quote from: chimes on October 31, 2012, 10:00:26 PM
Quote from: Reverend Roadkill on October 29, 2012, 09:56:03 PM
Now, if you don't mind, I'd like to clear the checklist off...So please accuse me of the following things:

1.  Not being a REAL Discordian.
2.  Controling the minds of the other members, ala Jim Jones or with orbital mind control lasers, etc.
3.  Being an old curmudgeony bald-headed bastard.
4.  Hivemind.

Thanks in advance.

I caught that - trying to slip #3 in there like it isn't true.  :)

Actually, I have hair this month.

Pics or it didn't happen.

And seriously, Burns left forever because some aspie got butthurt over nobody being interested or impressed with their aspie-ness? I mean, I get the sense it's probably his GF/wife/what the fuck ever, but just because you're touching genitals with someone doesn't mean that sending them to PD is a good idea. In fact, it's consistently one of worst ideas people have regarding this site. And if they come to PD and have their own intellectual and/or social weaknesses exposed, how does that make PD the asshole? And to top it off, there are two possibilities: Tipareth demanded that Burns stop being friends with us and he complied, which makes her a manipulative and controlling shitneck and him a weak-minded bowl of dick pudding OR Burns decided on his own that if we weren't nice to his special little friend then we weren't worth his time anymore. Not sure which I think is worse, but they both suck a bunch of donkey balls.

Burns was one of my favorite posters here. I'm sad that my estimation of him as a person is lowered.

No, I have since spoken to Burns, and his problems are not related to this thread.  He is apparently having some problems, and has flounced from all online activities while he deals with said issues.

Aw, Burns! :( I hope that shit gets sorted out and he comes back. I like Burns.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Luna

Torn between "shit, I hope that gets sorted soon" and "glad it wasn't a case of stupid butthurt, Burns is above that shit."  Or both.
Death-dealing hormone freak of deliciousness
Pagan-Stomping Valkyrie of the Interbutts™
Rampaging Slayer of Shit-Fountain Habitues

"My father says that almost the whole world is asleep. Everybody you know, everybody you see, everybody you talk to. He says that only a few people are awake, and they live in a state of constant, total amazement."

Quote from: The Payne on November 16, 2011, 07:08:55 PM
If Luna was a furry, she'd sex humans and scream "BEASTIALITY!" at the top of her lungs at inopportune times.

Quote from: Nigel on March 24, 2011, 01:54:48 AM
I like the Luna one. She is a good one.

"Stop talking to yourself.  You don't like you any better than anyone else who knows you."

East Coast Hustle

Quote from: Luna on November 05, 2012, 10:45:37 PM
Torn between "shit, I hope that gets sorted soon" and "glad it wasn't a case of stupid butthurt, Burns is above that shit."  Or both.

I'm gonna go with both. I'm bummed hes having IRL problems but I'm really glad he's still as solid a dude as I thought he was. And Burns, if you read this, my apologies for jumping to conclusions.
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: East Coast Hustle on November 06, 2012, 12:05:08 AM

I'm gonna go with both. I'm bummed hes having IRL problems but I'm really glad he's still as solid a dude as I thought he was. And Burns, if you read this, my apologies for jumping to conclusions.

Likewise.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Bu🤠ns

Thanks, folks! I'm doing better...

Also, pardon the abruptness, I didn't really have the time nor the cognitive capacity to type a well thought out flounce post during my rather irrational evening.. I've since just been taking it real slow and chill-like. 8)

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

LMNO

Hey Burns.  No harm, no foul.

No wife, no horse, no moustache.

zarathustrasbastardson

Quote from: East Coast Hustle on November 06, 2012, 12:05:08 AM

I truly believe all our problems could be solved with minimal injury if at those points wherein the tide may turn either way by someone saying: Coldly, calmly, yet severely : "That's just a lot of mucus"
chaos is truth
radiate better