News:

If words could really hurt you, this forum would be one huge abbatoir.

Main Menu

THE ADMIN TEAM HAS HAD A SECRET MEETING AND COME TO AN IMPORTANT CONCLUSION:

Started by East Coast Hustle, November 10, 2010, 05:25:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

minuspace

I feel like drinking makes the burning stop...
So I went for a cigarette and felt a draft...
And caught a cold...

Therefore:

Chaos started before the antecedent conditions
were even expressed, however, some might
argue being sick reduces the risk of getting
more so... :ECH:

East Coast Hustle

WTF IS THAT SHIT???

ARE YOU REALLY LEAVING LAME POETIC SHIT IN MY GODDAMN THREAD?

OR IS IT LAME PHILOSOPHICAL SHIT?

I DON'T EVEN REALLY CARE, JUST STOP DOING IT.

ECH,
NOT INVITING YOU TO A SECRET DRINKING MEETING EVER
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

Rev. Dr. Narot

We demand representation! How many votes yay, and nay, were included in this conclusion?! Can I now justify my drinking problem by citing elected officials approval? And when do we get free booze? 

:winner:
"The only person I hate more than you, is myself, asshole."

Cain

QuoteCan I now justify my drinking problem by citing elected officials approval?

If you can find an elected official among the admin team, sure  :lol:

Triple Zero

Quote from: Cramulus on November 12, 2010, 02:47:55 PM
I like the idea of making people temporary mods for like 15 minutes after they drank an entire 5th of bourbon.

Is a 5th enough to make their mouse and typing skills worse enough they can't do any damage?

(no idea what a 5th is)
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

LMNO

The Good Reverend Roger

" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Roaring Biscuit!

cheap bourbon my ass.

Second cheapest single malt, but only when its on offer ;)

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Triple Zero on November 12, 2010, 07:51:19 PM
I like the idea of making people temporary mods for like 15 minutes after they drank an entire 5th of bourbon.

Is a 5th enough to make their mouse and typing skills worse enough they can't do any damage?

(no idea what a 5th is)

It's roughly enough to kill a person my size. Literally.

However, someone the size of ECH would probably barely feel it.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Whatever

I drank a fifth of tequila one night over the course of about 2 hours.  I still don't remember parts of that evening though my friends were more than happy to tell me all about it later.

You dance on bars nekkid when you're that drunk.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Nigel on November 12, 2010, 09:38:52 PM
Quote from: Triple Zero on November 12, 2010, 07:51:19 PM

(no idea what a 5th is)

It's roughly enough to kill a person my size. Literally.

However, someone the size of ECH would probably barely feel it.

A 5th is a dangerous amount of alcohol for anyone to drink. 

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

The most alcohol I've had in one night is splitting a fifth with someone, and that used to waste me. And I was approximately half the age I am now.

It's possible that I've had more than that during my hard-drinking-with-EOT days, but if I did, I don't remember it.  :lulz:

Right now I feel like death on a stick because I had four glasses of wine last night, over the course of seven hours.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Nigel on November 12, 2010, 09:48:39 PM
The most alcohol I've had in one night is splitting a fifth with someone, and that used to waste me. And I was approximately half the age I am now.

It's possible that I've had more than that during my hard-drinking-with-EOT days, but if I did, I don't remember it.  :lulz:

Right now I feel like death on a stick because I had four glasses of wine last night, over the course of seven hours.

A fifth of strong rum consumed by me (230 LBS) over a 6 hour period gives me a blood-alcohol rate of .3

Severe CNS depression
Unconsciousness
Death possible
Bladder function impaired
Breathing impaired
Heart rate impaired

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Strong rum? Like 100 proof? 12 ounces of that would almost certainly kill me.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Nigel on November 12, 2010, 09:56:58 PM
Strong rum? Like 100 proof? 12 ounces of that would almost certainly kill me.

Yeah, I referred to that as strong.  I was a fan of 151 when I was younger and dumber, and the effects of a 5th on one person would likely be fatal.  Everclear is even worse.