News:

If you really want to hurt your parents, and you don't have the nerve to be a homosexual, the least you can do is go into the arts. But do not use semicolons. They are transvestite hermaphrodites, standing for absolutely nothing. All they do is show you've been to college.

Main Menu

Discordian Jewellery - Any Interest?

Started by Destriarch, November 12, 2008, 09:48:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Destriarch

I've been wondering about maybe making some discordian themed jewellery. Thing is I don't have a lot of cash myself, and it's a pricey business, so I thought I'd look around and see if there'd be any interest if I did produce some stuff. Here's a quick sample prototype of one of my pendant designs, any questions or comments would be much appreciated!

Ash

BADGE OF HONOR

The Jerk On Bike rolled his eyes and tossed the waffle back over his shoulder--before it struck the ground, a stout, disconcertingly monkey-like dog sprang into the air and snatched it, and began to masticate it--literally--for the sound it made was like a homonculus squatting on the floor muttering "masticate masticate masticate".

Reginald Ret

that just makes it better :D

interest, yes.
money, no.
Lord Byron: "Those who will not reason, are bigots, those who cannot, are fools, and those who dare not, are slaves."

Nigel saying the wisest words ever uttered: "It's just a suffix."

"The worst forum ever" "The most mediocre forum on the internet" "The dumbest forum on the internet" "The most retarded forum on the internet" "The lamest forum on the internet" "The coolest forum on the internet"

Destriarch

Quote from: BADGE OF HONOR on November 12, 2008, 10:59:13 AM
That looks like a butt.   :lulz:
Like I said, it's a prototype so a couple of the lines could still use a little smoothing.

Ash

Cainad (dec.)

I'd have to see a few more prototype designs before offering to buy. Also, how much do you predict a piece of jewelry would cost?

I'm not normally into outward displays of Discordianism, but, well... I'm a sucker for rings. I haven't had nice one that fits my hand in ages.

Destriarch

Costs would depend on the material it was made from, effectively. The last circular pendant I made would have cost about $35 to $40 in silver, but this design is thinner than that was so I'd expect something in the region of $30. Naturally it'd be more expensive in gold and cheaper in brass, both of which I should be able to get depending on preference. I'd need at least a few interested parties before I could get started making them though, since the initial casting of a master would be pricey enough for me and I'd need enough reasonably certain profit to cover my expenditure. It sucks being poor.

If you have any ideas that you think would improve the design, I'd love to hear them.

Ash

Elder Iptuous

I think a thing that you stick on your car in a similar vein to the masonic circle things would be kinda neat.
re: the design, apples generally don't have a crease that goes down the side like a peach does.  and a leaf would make it more immediately identifiable. 

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I'm interested, though the money thing could be an issue for me. I miss my disposable income.  :x Back when I was still flush, I was shopping fo a golden apple pendant.

And yeah, nix that crease, apples don't have one.

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

The Dark Monk

Apples have a circular crease at the top, while making the broad part smooth, you could give a 3d effect and a leaf to the stick, making it more apple shaped. Maybe an angle like in this photo.

Would buy one if I had the money.
I thought this is all there is,
but now I know you are so much more.
I want to upgrade from my simple eight bits,
but will you still love me when I'm sixty-four?
~MIAB~

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

For the record, a "circular crease" is called a "dimple".
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

Quote from: Nigel on November 13, 2008, 12:33:14 PM

FUCK YOU MY MOM DIED OF DIMPLES.
- I don't see race. I just see cars going around in a circle.

"Back in my day, crazy meant something. Now everyone is crazy" - Charlie Manson

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Ratatosk on November 13, 2008, 02:36:50 PM
Quote from: Nigel on November 13, 2008, 12:33:14 PM

FUCK YOU MY MOM DIED OF DIMPLES.

FUCK YOU MY MOM DIED OF YOUR MOM.

East

I like supporting artists.  Got anything else?

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

If you like supporting artists, some of you fags should buy my beads.

I swear, I've never seen an economic slump like this one.

navkat

Quote from: Ten Ton Mantis on November 15, 2008, 06:02:34 PM
If you like supporting artists, some of you fags should buy my beads.

I swear, I've never seen an economic slump like this one.

You got a shop I can peruse?