Seamstress Speak

Started by Suu, February 02, 2009, 07:28:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sir Squid Diddimus

you'll get it soon enough.

i wanna see this pillow case

Fredfredly ⊂(◉‿◉)つ

well its just an orange rectangle
but the machine makes madjikkhal stitches!!

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Raphaella

That is a wonderful first project! The stitching looks great too. You'll get the pattern thing soon enough like Squid said. Just keep at it :wink:
The sun shall be turned to darkness and the moon into blood before the coming of the great and terrible OZ

Suu

Was that an auto-stitch function on the machine?  :fap:

They have the Project: Runway Brother machine at Wal-Mart refurb'd for less than $200. SOOOO TEMPTED.
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Sir Squid Diddimus

Fredfredly ⊂(◉‿◉)つ

Quote from: Suu on February 13, 2009, 02:59:05 PM

They have the Project: Runway Brother machine at Wal-Mart refurb'd for less than $200. SOOOO TEMPTED.

PFFFT YEAH it was auto stitch if i tried that myself i would look like i had a seizure on the sewing machine :D
that thing had so many fun stitch patterns i want one  :fap: but it was $500 :(

zutalors

Quote from: Suu on February 13, 2009, 02:59:05 PM

:eek: :eek: :eek:
:sheep: (we need a drooling smiley)

UUUUUUUUUUUber tempted.
nightmare made of hash-dreams, got the devil in my shoes.  tell me tell me what have I done wrong? ain't nothin go right with me, must be I been smokin' too long.

Raphaella

So my boyfriend and I went and bought some new clothes the other day. He has a fitting problem though. He is a power lifter and his thighs are bigger than his waist. So when he tried on some cargo shorts in his size the waist fit but they were WAY too tight in the legs. His fix was to buy the shorts in a bigger size. This works with a belt, but the waist is all bunchy and shit.

I want to know if anyone has tips on taking in waistlines. I'll do some research on my own, but I thought I would ask here too. I have a few pairs of pants I can try it on first so I don't jack up his new shorts. I'm pretty unsure about this cause I have never really done alterations.  :sad:
The sun shall be turned to darkness and the moon into blood before the coming of the great and terrible OZ

Raphaella

Update: I have found a link that seems helpful http://www.ehow.com/how_2268200_take-in-pants.html I'll try this.

Suu

Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Raphaella

Fredfredly ⊂(◉‿◉)つ

BAHAHAAAHAHAHA i was cleaning out my closet and found this weird dress i made when i was 13
its black and orange floral and pleated with lace trim and silver buttons goin up the front  :lulz:
i prob shoulda taken a pic before it went to the dumpster  :sad:

why cant i make stuff anymoar  :?