News:

The only BEARFORCE1 slashfic forum on the Internet.  Fortunately.

Main Menu

The Dreaming LARP

Started by Cramulus, January 27, 2010, 11:10:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cramulus

my kitchen is pretty small, but we should probably do some munchies or order pizza or something.

The siloflex core is probably fine. I haven't fought with it, but it's probably cool as long as you're not cracking people in the face with it. In the end, the safety requirements are up to whoever's territory you're in. In my back yard, I'm not going to be too anal about weapon types as long as everything is covered with foam.

I'm going to run the "Close the Portal" Dream Walk, which is sure to piss off some fae.  :p

Richter

Cool, I've seen it hold up to some pretty heavy stuff.  I'll make sure everything is put together well. 

That's going to be awesome, get things contentious right from the start.
Quote from: Eater of Clowns on May 22, 2015, 03:00:53 AM
Anyone ever think about how Richter inhabits the same reality as you and just scream and scream and scream, but in a good way?   :lulz:

Friendly Neighborhood Mentat

whatnotery

just thought I should mention I just joined and I think I have a freind I can convince to hop on board so I want be stuck playing with by myself

Cramulus

awesome, welcome aboard! Are you the guy in KY that just signed up?

whatnotery

Quote from: Cramulus on March 11, 2010, 06:19:37 PM
awesome, welcome aboard! Are you the guy in KY that just signed up?

yup thats me

Iron Sulfide

Signed up and dropped a pin.

do you have a character sheet to fill out, or is it DIY?

also, might be able to tempt a few others to join in for beta.
Ya' stupid Yank.

Cainad (dec.)

Quote from: Cramulus on March 11, 2010, 03:59:57 PM
my kitchen is pretty small, but we should probably do some munchies or order pizza or something.

The siloflex core is probably fine. I haven't fought with it, but it's probably cool as long as you're not cracking people in the face with it. In the end, the safety requirements are up to whoever's territory you're in. In my back yard, I'm not going to be too anal about weapon types as long as everything is covered with foam.

I'm going to run the "Close the Portal" Dream Walk, which is sure to piss off some fae.  :p

OOooooh, gonna be some conflict up in this bitch! :lulz:

I totally wish I could go to the party on the 19th. However, I will be in CT for the last week of the Alpha Test, so I can be around for some of that.

the last yatto

hope you dont mind i moved the ending point to a park

and added a haunting location
Look, asshole:  Your 'incomprehensible' act, your word-salad, your pinealism...It BORES ME.  I've been incomprehensible for so long, I TEACH IT TO MBA CANDIDATES.  So if you simply MUST talk about your pineal gland or happy children dancing in the wildflowers, go talk to Roger, because he digs that kind of shit

Cramulus

Quote from: Pēleus on March 14, 2010, 08:42:10 AM
hope you dont mind i moved the ending point to a park

and added a haunting location

uhh I do actually mind.

Unless you went to Washington and performed the Dreamscaping ritual, in which case please post pics

otherwise please do not edit the map to arbitrarily add territories

Quote from: Not My Self on March 11, 2010, 11:12:03 PM
Signed up and dropped a pin.

do you have a character sheet to fill out, or is it DIY?

also, might be able to tempt a few others to join in for beta.

the character sheet is your profile. Click on My Page to edit yours.

Cramulus

Fucking yeah!

Last night, a group in Cleveland, Ohio played.

Basically, a few nero chapter owners decided they wanted to get involved in the Dreaming, and got some people together.

Unrelated to that, a group of vampire larpers in cleveland ALSO decided that this sounded cool.

Now I think they are having turf wars about who gets to play in Squire's park? hahahahahaha I gotta say, this is the fucking TITS. Two different camps of LARPers, both of whom I've never actually met, are killing each other off to compete over territory in the Dream World I created. I am in stitches.

The Dreaming is a game about generating narrative, about having fun or challenging experiences, NEW TYPES of experiences. And even though the game doesn't officially start until Friday, I think it's going SWIMMINGLY.

for example, here is a picture of an actual in-game betrayal and subsequent DEATH:

Caption: "As I studied a statue that seemed to twist the Dreaming around it, I fell into a state of trance. Thus incapacitated, I was defenseless against the killing blow of my "ally", Wampa."

PWND!~

first PvP in the game!

Cramulus

BTW - a journal of the evening: http://dreamings.ning.com/profiles/blogs/journal-of-the-accords-2010313
a video of combat (sadly, kind of dark): http://dreamings.ning.com/video/fighting-on-fae

Richter: can you start an Event page for your boffer-making thing in Providence? A friend in providence said she might have some friends who are interested, I wanted to point them at where they can meet the others.

Richter

WillDo!  I'll have it up this evening.  (work compy does not cooperate w/ dreaming site)
Anyone ever think about how Richter inhabits the same reality as you and just scream and scream and scream, but in a good way?   :lulz:

Telarus

Telarus, KSC,
.__.  Keeper of the Contradictory Cephalopod, Zenarchist Swordsman,
(0o)  Tender to the Edible Zen Garden, Ratcheting Metallic Sex Doll of The End Times,
/||\   Episkopos of the Amorphous Dreams Cabal

Join the Doll Underground! Experience the Phantasmagorical Safari!

Dimocritus

I have no friends that would play this. Does that matter?
HOUSE OF GABCab ~ "caecus plumbum caecus"

Richter

Hell with them, then. 

We'd be glad to have you playing with us, if you are so inclined.