News:

News:  0 1 1 2 3 5 8 13 21 34 55 89 144 233 377 610 987 1597 2584 4181 6765 10946 17711 28657, motherfuckers.

Main Menu

Rev Roger: The Heresies, chapter 1

Started by The Good Reverend Roger, November 14, 2003, 07:04:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Good Reverend Roger

" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Y.M. Hut

I'd say that most Discordians were Refugees of one form or another, rather than Wildes. Wilde is a difficult man to emulate, especially for a heterosexual such as myself.
Vielleicht sollst du nicht wissen.

SMFabal

Well, I'd have to place myself in the "Free Radical" classification, although there is a heavy dosing of "Refugee" there too. But I don't so much shift between ideas as understand that all the ideas are true and valid.
SMFabal, High Pope of CoCK, PSP, CW, KSC, FP, GH, MORBJ

Q: How serious are you about this whole "Discordian" thing?
A: A blue fish Tuesday!
Q: No really, it this, like, deeply philosphical, or just a huge joke?
A: Yes.

Slarti

B23.77

So I guess I'm an elementalist judging by my Who Cares? rant.  I care!  I just don't care.  Love you!
*glances paranoically at the phages*
Actually I fit better in the free radical category; I've been all those things at one time or another.
*climbs into free radical box*

Penumbral

I am a sorta Phage and Elementalist mix.
But I am way to political to come across as such to my friends. Or anyone. Like you said I am one of those ones "that many of 'us' do not wish to think about"

I would say FreeRadical because I switch a lot, but I would say the majority of the time I am as above stated.

Penumbral

You are bringing way to much order to this though.
Don't define shit!
I'm discordians when I want to be and that entails whatever I want it to.
I can call myself Erisian and fuck you for saying I'm lying.  
Degrees of discordianism FUCK that. Next we will have Saints and cliques for each "degree"
People who are clinically insane by no means are discordian or 'Erisian' unless they want to be.

I HAVE NEVER MET A DISCORDIAN WHO DIDEN"T WANT TO BE.

It?s not something you can push on anyone.

Y.M. Hut

I like what you're doing Roger, whether or not you intend on doing so. You're making us look systematically at our self-proclaimed anti-systematic movement.

If we listen to Eris, aren't we doing exactly what she said not to?

If we tell Roger what to do or not to do, we are thereby defying our own nature as Discordians. If we agree with his system then we also defy Discordian principle. But there is no Discordian principle to defy. There is no Discordia, there is no Eris, my friends.

There are no systems but those you choose to accept.

Penumbral

Quote from: khagan
If we listen to Eris, aren't we doing exactly what she said not to?
No, We listen, but we form our own opinion. We do not pick from a grapbag given to us by others.
choices

If we tell Roger what to do or not to do, we are thereby defying our own nature as Discordians. If we agree with his system then we also defy Discordian principle. But there is no Discordian principle to defy. There is no Discordia, there is no Eris, my friends.
What about me. I do all those things. I tould him and I dissagreed. "There is no Discordia"? But there must be I am a part of it. I make there be a discordia. There will be chritianity as long as there are chritians.

QuoteThere are no systems but those you choose to accept.
There are no choices but those of the system.

Sorry I am just in a disagreeing mood.

B23.77

I was in a disagreeing mood too, but now I'm cool about what you wrote.  I'm always sorta reluctant to fit into any category about things like this. On the enneagram I'm a ten and in astrology, I'm a thingy.  With this, I'm a something or other.

Y.M. Hut

Quote from: Penumbral
"There is no Discordia"? But there must be I am a part of it. I make there be a discordia. There will be chritianity as long as there are chritians.

You must understand me then, you just proved my point.

And if the system makes our choices for us, then are you saying we're all Greyfaces? Discordians included?

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: khaganI'd say that most Discordians were Refugees of one form or another, rather than Wildes. Wilde is a difficult man to emulate, especially for a heterosexual such as myself.

Wilde's sexual orientation was the least part of his weirdness.

Nobody said Wildes EMULATE Wilde...they just share many of the same values.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Slartibartfastroger i don't believe you

???

Esplain, senor.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: PenumbralYou are bringing way to much order to this though.
Don't define shit!

I'm doing what?  Are you telling me what to do, or what not to do?

Hell, dude...look at the title of the thread.

Quote from: PenumbralI'm discordians when I want to be and that entails whatever I want it to.
I can call myself Erisian and fuck you for saying I'm lying.

Now you're getting the idea.

Quote from: PenumbralDegrees of discordianism FUCK that. Next we will have Saints and cliques for each "degree".

OTOH, I shook up your head...I must be doing something right.What's wrong with schisms?  Malaclypse the younger DID say "Discordians need to DISORGANIZE."  If my babbling causes a few sparks, well hell...it beats having us backslide into our own little greyness.

Quote from: PenumbralPeople who are clinically insane by no means are discordian or 'Erisian' unless they want to be.

I HAVE NEVER MET A DISCORDIAN WHO DIDEN"T WANT TO BE.

It?s not something you can push on anyone.

Active Discordians?  No.  Dormant Discordians...you don't believe they exist?  Plus, the insane have a head full of chaos...and as such, can truly be called the "Children of Eris".