News:

We've got artists, scientists, scholars, pranksters, publishers, songwriters, and political activists.  We've subjected Discordia to scrutiny, torn it apart, and put it back together. We've written songs about it, we've got a stack of essays, and, to refer back to your quote above, we criticize the hell out of each other.

Main Menu

I know I haven't ranted in a while...

Started by The Good Reverend Roger, December 11, 2006, 06:55:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Good Reverend Roger

...Here or anywhere else, but I've been working on a project that is perfect for BIP.

The Suburban Book of the Dead.

Think of it as a volume of the collected wisdom/asshattery of all present, but NOT tuned to the general public.  More of a users assistance manual for established Discordians/Subgenii.  It's also - by necessity - going to be MUCH longer than the average Discordian work.

Anyone interested?
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

LMNO

Yes.  Very much.

Any assistance you need (including me staying the fuck out of your way) is freely offered.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: LMNO on December 11, 2006, 06:57:50 PM
Yes.  Very much.

Any assistance you need (including me staying the fuck out of your way) is freely offered.

Well, I'm gonna need a lot of assistance, to be perfectly honest.  I am uninitiated in the mysteries of dealing with PDF demons, and this isn't supposed to be a one man show...it's supposed to be ALL of us, even if that means that the subject material contradicts itself (all the good holy books do, after all).

I wouldn't mind editing it, but this ain't about me.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

AFK

I am also very willing to contribute in any way that is best suited and needed. 
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

Thurnez Isa

quick question

from the sounds of it your planning to compose the volume of all new material (which I think would be really cool)
or do you plan to raid the archives?
Through me the way to the city of woe, Through me the way to everlasting pain, Through me the way among the lost.
Justice moved my maker on high.
Divine power made me, Wisdom supreme, and Primal love.
Before me nothing was but things eternal, and eternal I endure.
Abandon all hope, you who enter here.

Dante

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Thurnez Isa on December 11, 2006, 07:10:57 PM
quick question

from the sounds of it your planning to compose the volume of all new material (which I think would be really cool)
or do you plan to raid the archives?

Both.  I plan to search the archives AND write new stuff.

I hope everyone else does the same.

Please post new stuff and old finds in this forum under its own name, with (SBOTD) after the title.

I'll see about arranging it, and LMNO/whomever can put it into PDF form after we've settled on the final product.

Cain

I'm in.  And I can pdf things, sometimes.

The Good Reverend Roger

Outstanding.

I'd like to have people generate/find stuff until the end of January.

Then we'll start editing.

Oh, yeah...in the case of old stuff, the original author must approve the use of any given piece.

Hangero

I'll help contribute what I can, with gusto. 

Benaclypse

Could also start a new subforum on the PD.com deadicated to this idea.

AFK

Yeah, perhaps a child board of this sub-forum would be in order. 
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

Mangrove

SaBOTageD

Possible SSOOKN entry. This month is a loss for writing (I'm studying for a state license exam).
What makes it so? Making it so is what makes it so.

the other anonymous

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on December 11, 2006, 07:02:07 PM
I am uninitiated in the mysteries of dealing with PDF demons
[...]

I'd be happy to PDF it. Do up everything in Word, Text, HTML, or whatever you want, then send the final draft my way. (A4, Letter, or A5?)

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Hangero on December 11, 2006, 08:09:08 PM
I'll help contribute what I can, with gusto. 

Absolutely.

I was under the impression that you didn't like me, though...but that makes no difference. 

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: the other anonymous on December 12, 2006, 12:49:51 AM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on December 11, 2006, 07:02:07 PM
I am uninitiated in the mysteries of dealing with PDF demons
[...]

I'd be happy to PDF it. Do up everything in Word, Text, HTML, or whatever you want, then send the final draft my way. (A4, Letter, or A5?)

Excellent.