News:

Bigotry is abound, apprently, within these boards.  There is a level of supposed tolerance I will have no part of.  Obviously, it seems to be well-embraced here.  I have finally found something more fucked up than what I'm used to.  Congrats. - Ruby

Main Menu

Subliminal Message

Started by LHX, February 04, 2007, 01:03:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cain

Subtle is open to interpretation, subliminal isn't even meant to be recognized on a conscious level.

DJRubberducky

I think subliminal stimuli play a part in what's commonly called "intuition".  When I suddenly "know" something even though I can't consciously trace my way to it, and it turns out I'm correct, I think it's because my brain was able to receive *and* process information on a non-conscious level.

I sometimes get these flashes when working logic puzzles (you know, the kind with the grid you mark with Xs and dots), and then when I try to pursue where I got the "intuitive insight", I find that it was two different things I had read but not yet consciously connected.
- DJRubberducky
Quote from: LMNODJ's post is sort of like those pills you drop into a glass of water, and they expand into a dinosaur, or something.

Black sheep are still sheep.