News:

Thinking about Gabbard in general, my animal instinct is to flatten my ears against my head, roll my eyes up till the whites show, bare my teeth, and trill like a cicada stuck in a Commodore 64.

Main Menu

OMG Cain, lookit this

Started by Mesozoic Mister Nigel, October 09, 2012, 03:04:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

LMNO

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Cain

I think this line gives the game away:

Quote"We're not playing around here. This is a serious hedge fund, doing serious and big things. This isn't a joke."

They are this generation's The Yes Men, and this is their first big troll.  Think about it: how else could someone manage such a perfect simulation of the financial world, with its youthful cluenessless, its grandiose claims backed up by little capital, its lies about who it knows and its possible illegality?  Even Goldman Sachs does not fit the stereotype perfectly, but they do.  Because they were intended to.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Cain on October 09, 2012, 06:47:36 AM

Quote"We're not playing around here. This is a serious hedge fund, doing serious and big things. This isn't a joke."

They are this generation's The Yes Men, and this is their first big troll.  Think about it: how else could someone manage such a perfect simulation of the financial world, with its youthful cluenessless, its grandiose claims backed up by little capital, its lies about who it knows and its possible illegality?  Even Goldman Sachs does not fit the stereotype perfectly, but they do.  Because they were intended to.

Perhaps an email campaign is in order.  :lol:

Internet Jesus

Which is worse, that the author of the linked article takes these guys seriously, or that his first reaction isn't along the same lines as yours?

Have we all delved so far up our own assholes that in order to recognize parody, it has to be labeled as parody complete with a "Hi my name is PARODY" sticky name tag?

Fucking POE's Law.....
HAHAHA DISREGARD THAT, I SUCK COCKS!

Epimetheus

Quote from: Internet Jesus on October 21, 2012, 06:42:31 PM
Have we all delved so far up our own assholes that in order to recognize parody, it has to be labeled as parody complete with a "Hi my name is PARODY" sticky name tag?

I think it's just that reality outdoes parody each and every day.
POST-SINGULARITY POCKET ORGASM TOAD OF RIGHTEOUSNESS

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Which is worse, that the author of the linked article takes these guys seriously, or that his first reaction isn't along the same lines as yours?

Fucking POE's Law.....

I think that what threw the author off is that he wasn't GOING to take it seriously, but then they kept playing it seriously. He was probably expecting them to go "OK, you got us! Hahahaha, we're pretty funny, right?" but they didn't. They stuck to their guns. :lol:

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Epimetheus on October 21, 2012, 07:35:51 PM

This is also true.  :lol:

Internet Jesus

Quote from: Man Green on October 21, 2012, 07:50:03 PM

I think that what threw the author off is that he wasn't GOING to take it seriously, but then they kept playing it seriously. He was probably expecting them to go "OK, you got us! Hahahaha, we're pretty funny, right?" but they didn't. They stuck to their guns. :lol:

That's why I'm glad I'm a nobody in the grand scheme of things.  Without any professional responsibility, I can just as easily brand things as either parody, or irresponsible fuckwits and move on.

Internet Jesus

Quote from: Epimetheus on October 21, 2012, 07:35:51 PM

This is true.  And why we need alien overlords to run things for a while.

Cain

They still exist as a company  :horrormirth: